Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:09:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Open Source Hardware Project] Hive & Wasp Prototype Development  (Read 16180 times)
shade88

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:17:55 AM

What kind of money are we talking about here to join the swarm? 1k, 10k, 100k? Not just as member but to take full advantage of the design in form of working hashing hardware.

Thanks.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:23:59 AM

$250 is the smallest share you can pay for in any project actually 0$ is as you don't have to participate in any projects if you don't want. You can also work for shares. 10 hours = 1 share = $250. Rather keep all that discussion to the Zoho Project pages as this mostly about the prototypes we are building. If you have more questions you can ask them in the new member area.

PM me your email address and I will add you to the Project for free and you can lurk until the 15th of December when we close the project pages to non-members.

$100 is the lifetime membership.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:28:40 PM

Absolutely interested having theese products to upgrade my mining operation. Only members can buy or how to buy when ready? :-):-)
Very interesting project!

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:52:48 PM

Absolutely interested having theese products to upgrade my mining operation. Only members can buy or how to buy when ready? :-):-)
Very interesting project!

Anyone can buy. Anyone can make them.

We are looking at December for prototype. January for fabrication.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:40:01 AM

Yeah, the Wasps and Hives would essentially be a replacement for a regular computer motherboard if you get into Scrypt hashing.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:59:26 AM

Yeah, the Wasps and Hives would essentially be a replacement for a regular computer motherboard if you get into Scrypt hashing.

Again not 100% sure on the configuration but I will ask.

SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:28:05 AM

Update:

Membership has increased to 19 lifetime members our goal is to reach 30 before the 15th of December. 35 people are currently lurking and learning about the inter workings of the Wasp & Hive as well as other projects. We have started selling shares internally for the Wasp and Hive project, our Mining Pool, and will open up shares on a short run miner project to get out some hashing units before December.

A lifetime membershipin the Wasp Project Collective is $100 USD paid in BTC or via PayPal in USD. You can still be added to lurk up until the 15th December when we close the project pages to non-members.

Drop me an email or PM if you would like access.

Proud to announce that I am #21 on the member list, although I think I should be #20 since I made a partial payment right before avr. (I kidd... I swear! Cheesy)

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:04:25 PM

The prototype is almost finished... ==>

truly modular !  Grin
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:08:00 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 11:39:25 AM by Bicknellski

truly modular !  Grin

Quoted for posterity. I'm sure that dig will be a wonderful motivation for our whole team to put out an even better product. Thanks sharing it with the team right now.

I am pretty certain the EE's working on the Wasp and Hive will do a fine job. Come ask them some questions Saturday if you doubt it and anyone is welcome including Fractal and Inaba. Let me clear up a few things. First I am not a CEO or the owner COO or CFO, nor do I control any of the wallets in this collective. We are a collective of like minded people seeking to change the dynamic in the mining community. We are pretty confident the Wasp & Hive will be that first dynamic change.

I give my time here to help promote the WPC and the Wasp and Hive project. I am just one of 26 [edit] 28 lifetime members and another 40  [edit] 50 plus people just lurking in the WPC.  We have at least 6 Electrical Engineers and as many people with decades of professional firmware and software design available and supporting the Wasp & Hive project as well as our Mining Pool and other projects. Many are long time bitcointalk and bitcoin community members so whether I am a member or not means little to the overall scheme of things as I have no power over much of anything other than post a few notes here in bitcointalk on the project.

I am just here to sweep the floors, turn out the lights at the end of the day and let the EE's and Software guys focus on the project. The real stars are certainly skilled enough to produce what has been outlined and I can't wait to post up more as it comes together. You can come and look around and decide for yourself if what we have posted in this thread is viable or true. Nothing to hide.

I suspect being able to actually ask questions directly to the EE that is behind this project might make a huge difference on whether becoming a member or say buying a few shares or earning a few shares through working on the various projects is something of value or not, or ultimately buying these modular miners when they are available. Rather than have me defend the slanderous remarks and off-topic comments just come to the Hardware Team meeting Saturday at 1800H Seattle time and make up your own mind. I am pretty confident that our Lead EE has this project well in hand and is certainly well supported financially as well as technically by our members.

Oh yes and it is Open Source Hardware did I forget to mention that or that the test code is up on the git?

SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:41:34 PM

truly modular !  Grin

That is FUNNY!! Cheesy

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:31:29 AM

We are currently restructuring our pages on the Zoho site and moving our current documents to our git server. With these changes and a larger group of lifetime members now involved in the promotion of the Wasp and Hive project they will be supporting this thread and providing information as we move around working on different areas in the Wasp Project Collective.

PM or email me if you are interested in lurking in the Zoho pages until the 15th of December without having to pay for membership.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:56:35 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 05:28:43 AM by Bicknellski

The WPC is looking for a logo. We will be starting a contest later next week where our lifetime members will vote for a new logo designed by someone in bitcointalk and the winner gets 1 share in any ongoing WPC project and a free membership in the WPC. Keep your eyes peeled for the design brief in the threads and in the Services area.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:47:32 AM

Which type of wasps would you go for to fill your hive? Yes you can mix and match.

Hive with 8 x 24 Avalon A3255 55nm chips per Wasp would mine at over 230 Gh/s.

Hive with 8 x 24 BitFury 55nm chips  per Wasp would mine at over 440 Gh/s.

Hive with 8 x 6 A1 28nm chips per Wasp would mine at over 1.68 Th/s.

Hive with 8 x 2 Minion 28nm chips per Wasp would mine at over 1.8 Th/s.

bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:57:11 AM

Bick the problem I can see and that has been encountered with projects such as the Red Fury/ Blue Fury etc etc etc is if you don't design your own chip you are either:

A) standing there with your hands in your pocket waiting and HOPEING more reels of chips are made (AKA BITFURY)
B) Constantly having to redesign your main boards to accommodate new chips. And then your back in the same boat as option A.

Asicminer was/IS as successful as they are because they designed their own chip. They control how many are made based on their own needs. Does the Hive Project group at any point in time plan on designing their own chip, so they don't get stuck in Eternal Option A Loops?

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:35:40 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 09:26:11 AM by Bicknellski

Have to agree on that.

The constriction we saw in BitFury was terrible on DIY people.

We are playing to the fact the marketplace for chips will continue to expand with at least some makers willing to "dump" chips in bulk. Also I see the 55nm drop in price to offload remaining stock as a great opportunity to get in with significant hash rate and then with our design slot in the newer chips never having to worry about PSUs, software etc. See Buzzdave's 5$ a chip in February remarks to see what where I am going with that train of thought.

But definitely we agree our community needs to do an OPEN SOURCE ASIC. We might be interested in working with others on that. Remember we will be able to add a new Wasp no matter what the chips so we are not hogtied too badly like those with a one chip solution.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:35:58 AM

C) Out of the price range of most folks..........................  Roll Eyes

Another high price miner,I can read between the lines........................

Best of luck though....we need more competition  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:37:59 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 09:27:40 AM by Bicknellski

C) Out of the price range of most folks..........................  Roll Eyes

Best of luck though....we need more competition  Wink

Where is the price? When these drop... what will BTC be in the dumper or in the clouds hard to say. Either way we can turn on any opportunity available as we are not restricted to a single chip.

Likely these will be LOWER than anything else and if you DIY you won't get anything lower than these units and you can control when they will arrive rather than waiting for another 2 weeks.

Unfortunately I do not see anyone concerned with price in the market right now. The Neptunes sold out in minutes right?

I think that you might be right that prices are too high but people are buying them even at ASICminer prices which these will not be at.

Also we are not likely going to do our own fabricated units for sale. We want to work with those who are interested in fabricating to the community and we will provide licenses with RMA support. At least that is our plan.

gamersglory

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:46:01 AM

Hello world I'm Paul and I will be handling Wasp Project updates as Darin has his hands full and then some   Grin With other things in the coop. I am hoping to have the first benchshots of a working wasp very soon and will love to share them with you as soon as I get them. If you have questions you can Pm me or post them here in the thread. We are also always looking for new members if you want to join PM me or Darin. I think he still lurks in the shadows around here. EE's and Firmware programmers are still in need. also our logo design contest will be coming soon.

Update: the contest is up: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364115
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:47:19 AM

C) Out of the price range of most folks..........................  Roll Eyes

Best of luck though....we need more competition  Wink

Where is the price?

Likely these will be LOWER than anything else and if you DIY you won't get anything lower than these units.

Unfortunately I do not see anyone concerned with price in the market right now. The Neptunes sold out in minutes right?

I think that you might be right that prices are too high but people are buying them even at that price.

With units running 230GH-1.8TH,the price will be out there,unless you guys are different,gotta wait & see  Wink

Yeah,greed does that to folks  Cheesy

Just tired of the $4000 units everywhere.Hoping someone can get something in the $1000 area (with more than 20-30GH) so I can get on the miner wagon.

As of now BA looks about the only one that's priced decent.........but of course who knows if they'll deliver.........  Roll Eyes

BTW,not trying to start anything,just sayin whats on my mind  Wink  & dreaming of units priced decently,not by how much BTC they'll make before they die in a puff of magic smoke  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:50:47 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 08:59:48 AM by Bicknellski

We hope we can do something different. But the chips are the BOTTOMLINE on anything. So there could be some great buys coming in February on chips hard to say.

One thing you can do is compare the BOM and gerbers and get a real costing on what these should cost. It will be open source hardware afterall. Also you can just buy the wasp individually do not need to go for a WHOLE HIVE right off the bat.

But Gamers can help you guys out... got run and clean up some of the messes I made on the Zoho Pages.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: