Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:38:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Open Source Hardware Project] Hive & Wasp Prototype Development  (Read 16181 times)
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:30:53 PM

Following this project with great interest. Modular, open source hardware is exactly what we need.

Now we need an open source ASIC...

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:24:58 AM

Which type of wasps would you go for to fill your hive? Yes you can mix and match.

Hive with 8 x 24 Avalon A3255 55nm chips per Wasp would mine at over 230 Gh/s.

Hive with 8 x 24 BitFury 55nm chips  per Wasp would mine at over 440 Gh/s.

Hive with 8 x 6 A1 28nm chips per Wasp would mine at over 1.68 Th/s.

Hive with 8 x 2 Minion 28nm chips per Wasp would mine at over 1.8 Th/s.

Minion chips for sure.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:31:07 PM

I'll throw some money at the Minion device.
gamersglory

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:49:28 PM

Should let you know that those Minion specs are not final. Those are early ones. There has been some talk from black arrow that they or we may able to tweak it a little more. or that the chips  may end up being faster then they calculated. Can't fully confirm that yet though.  Grin    
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:38:42 AM

What Logo do you like so far in the contest?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364115

There are some pretty good designs already.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
gamersglory

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:46:14 AM

Update: I will be the new point of contact for people to join The Wasp Collective now as Darin is moveing on to other things in the project   
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:31:13 AM

I'm still thinking.. always thinking.. Can I join even after the 15th? That's a Sunday.

darkfriend77

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 08:41:21 AM

I'm still thinking.. always thinking.. Can I join even after the 15th? That's a Sunday.

There will be possibilities to join the group after the 15th december ... for sure.

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:17:51 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 11:46:05 PM by lajz99

I saw a mention of BA and I hope that's not alluding to using BlackArrow for ANYTHING to do with this project.  If you want to know why I'm sure bobsag has some stories to share.

Also, what exactly does this $100 membership get you?  Any why doesn't your website you advertised work?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:01:54 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 03:52:32 PM by Bicknellski

I saw a mention of BA and I hope that's not alluding to using BlackArrow for ANYTHING to do with this project.  If you want to know why I'm sure bobsag has some stories to share.

Also, what exactly does this $100 membership get you?  Any why doesn't your website you advertised work?

Free lurking till Dec 15th. Get in and check out what $100 gets you there.

As for the BA fabrication. We have prototypes being done close the EE's not in China. And full production of units would be something that DIY builders or others could take on themselves. This is an open source hardware project so anyone can build but we retain some IP aspects so that licenses will be required to get FULL hash out of our units. You can learn how we handle that in our files on the project page. Feel free to review them when you are lurking. Access an email address away. Just PM gamers gamersglory to get Project access.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:12:35 PM

I just want dibs on the finished ready-to-mine product, if the price looks better than anything else out there.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:32:25 PM

I just want dibs on the finished ready-to-mine product, if the price looks better than anything else out there.

Fabricators might be the people to ask for dibs.  Grin

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:38:05 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 03:52:48 PM by Bicknellski

The Zoho Project area is now closed to unpaid members. We will open up membership payments in the coming weeks.

Thank-you for all the interest we will continue to update here and we should have a website, mining pool and working Wasp prototype ready before Christmas.

gamersglory

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:05:34 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 06:20:09 AM by gamersglory

Sorry we are closed to new membership currently. We will reopen it when our website goes up.

You can follow the threads or go to our IRC chat channel to talk about the project.

Official IRC Channel
Non-Members and Members

The IRC Channel is located on the freenode IRC network.

#TheWaspProjectCollective

I will still be updating you guys here on bitcointalk and will still be answering your questions and PM's. If you
are interested in being a Manufacturer or resell of Wasps and hives e-mail me and I will get back to you once we have an agreement ready.
we will be offering our Firmware licences to everyone from the DIYer to the big boys. Our Hardware will be open source as soon as it is finalized. Thanks for all your support.        
davideak

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:58:13 AM

Official IRC Channel
Non-Members and Members

The IRC Channel is located on the freenode IRC network.

#TheWaspProjectCollective      

Click link below to directly enter IRC Channel:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#TheWaspProjectCollective

Cloud Mining - CEX.IO / 20 GB Free Storage - COPY / Cryptsy - exchange of Crypto-Currency
Liked a post? Feeling generous? Donations accepted {BTC}: 1EADoAKbhw37y3MYPJfLdsrMDNCNGNG7hE
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:19:43 AM

UPDATED:

Click link below to directly enter IRC Channel:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#WPC-Public

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:17:01 AM

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:53:37 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 08:40:49 AM by Bicknellski

Big meeting tomorrow... as we are going to received a number of important project updates on the Wasp and the Mining Pool as well as a pre-meeting to go over the the plans for a large production run for Wasps that will take place in January. All the members are keen on having modular miners on shelves before any sales start so we will be focused on the logistics challenges so that when Wasps and Hives are in stock we can ship direct in days thus given the community what is wants miners off the shelf.

Note to members we are moving off Zoho for most things administrative to our own forum over the next week or two so that we can communicate more directly with the WPC members. Please check your emails for the latest information on that move. We will phase out Zoho for all communications by January 2014 although we will retain some of the unique functions it has for project management over 2014 until we can integrate everything into our WPC servers.

We will post an update for everyone here before Monday.

And if anyone missed it at this time we are not accepting new members. Membership will reopen in Q1 2014 at some point in conjunction with a payment gateway for membership on our Website.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:36:30 AM

Update:

The time frame for the following items would be from now up to first or second week of January 2014.

The WPC Prototype Wasps

• We have in hand enough BitFury chips to produce 8+ prototype waps.
  • We will have in hand enough BitMain chips to produce 8+ prototype wasp.
  • We should have a first Hive prototype that is able to house wasps but as early prototype that will evolve.
  • Target is to build a minimum of 20 total prototype boards in BitFury and BitMain configurations.
  • If we have an odd assortment of chips we will also look at mixing and matching chips on the same Wasp.
  • Video of the prototypes hashing will be made available to everyone.
  • The gerbers and bom for the Wasp will be released only when we are confident that we have functional units.
  • WPC will likely produce a small sample prototype run for testing and proof of concept purposes beyond the 20 initial boards.

The WPC Mining Pool

• We will have a functional mining pool up and running before the new year or possibly within the first week of January.
  • Full testing of the mining pool will start after Christmas.
  • Tentatively 20 Th/s to 300 Th/s range for this pool is estimated by the end of January 2014.

The WPC Website

• Site is ready except we want to have Wasp and Hive prototype pictures before we launch the site
  • Site will add more and more functionality after it is live.
  • Site will be a work in progress and feedback from WPC members and the community will undoubtedly be taken into account as we edit and modify the site.

The WPC Forums

• We already have a public facing forum for the community but will open that up after we post some basic information.
  • News & Announcements - "Official News & announcements of the WPC"
  • Publications - "Publications of The Wasp Project Collective"
  • Apply for Membership - "Learn about the options available for membership in the the WPC"
  • Hardware Support - "Hardware support forum for our products"
  • Software Support - "Software support forum for our products"

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:02:43 AM

I'll buy one. Smiley Get it working for scrypt and I'll buy another.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: