Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:45:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What if, opening a new topic will be only allowed for jr.member and above?  (Read 118 times)
bitart (OP)

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:48:30 PM

What will happen if we allow only jr. members and above to open a new topic?
In Bitcoin Discussion, every 3rd or 4th thread is opened by a newbie with 2-3 activity, and it's usually an average two liner with a link (pointing to random news site), and after a question, like 'What's your opinion?' or similar...
Just an idea, I'm not against newbies in general...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 08:55:41 PM

I think new members should be restricted to a few boards - beginners and meta, and a new beginners technical.
Add a couple of other boards for juniors, and then when they have received the 10 merits to rank up, the rest of the forum can be open to them.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:04:04 PM

It will be good in my opinion if the system is implemented on some certain boards only, such as bitcoin discussion, trading discussion, economics, altcoin discussion.

It will not clear up spam 100% but it will clear up 50% spam from those boards with this simple restriction.  Roll Eyes
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 09:07:29 PM

Look at this rubbish on the serious discussion board - I thought that was moderated.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3251165.0

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 09:08:48 PM

What will happen if we allow only jr. members and above to open a new topic?
In Bitcoin Discussion, every 3rd or 4th thread is opened by a newbie with 2-3 activity, and it's usually an average two liner with a link (pointing to random news site), and after a question, like 'What's your opinion?' or similar...
Just an idea, I'm not against newbies in general...
Questions like When will the price go up? or Why is the price falling down? or anything stupid enough just so shitposters can spam their way through should be deleted immediately,atleast IMO. However there are a few newbies that actually have good discussions with the non-spammers.

What can actually be helpful is :
  • Limit newbies not to create any topics except for that in Beginners&Help,Meta,Bitcoin Technical Discussion or any non-spammy board like Jetcash suggested.
  • If newbies want to post in other boards they can do so by becoming a copper member.
There's lot more of suggestions that users want but let's not go off-topic.

Look at this rubbish on the serious discussion board - I thought that was moderated.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3251165.0

I am afraid that's not even close to the real rubbish we see in other boards. But don't worry,it should go down soon enough.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: