Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:54:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confusion with MasterNodes  (Read 284 times)
gameboy366 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:06:45 PM

Hello guys,

So please help me clear some doubts about masternodes :

1. Do you have multiple computers if you have more then one cryptocurrency masternodes. ?

2. Suppose 1000 coins are required for running a masternode then if I have 2000 coins can I run 2 masternodes ?

3. Do you store your wallet in the same computer that is running masternode ?

I was thinking of making my old desktop into a cryptocurrency wallet which will also run multiple masternodes (if possible or safe)

4. What should I look for before investing in masternodes. I see some of them with ROI of 7-15 days, should I avoid them ?

Thanks a lot

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dongamk

Activity: 154
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:40:54 AM

Let me start with masternode.
A physical network node is an active electronic device that is attached to a network, and is capable of creating, receiving, or transmitting information over a communications channel. Here electronic device can be even raspberry pi or virtual private server.

1. If you want to run masternodes of multiple currencies, you don't need to have multiple commuters for that. You can use multiple droplets of digitalocean, vultr, google could. That eliminates demands of multiple devices because each of droplets or instances will have unique static ip.

2. Yes, if you have large amount of coins that you want to put them as collateral for mn's, you can setup multiple masternodes of same coin.

3. There is absolutely no problem for having wallet in same computer.

4. You should always look for circulation supply, volume, development and community engagement for choosing any types of masternode. You should avoid mn with ROI of 7-15 days. Instead, research established projects those are having masternode implementation in their roadmap like WaBi, Block Array etc.

Hope your all queries are cleared.  Smiley
gameboy366 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:38:31 PM

Let me start with masternode.
A physical network node is an active electronic device that is attached to a network, and is capable of creating, receiving, or transmitting information over a communications channel. Here electronic device can be even raspberry pi or virtual private server.

1. If you want to run masternodes of multiple currencies, you don't need to have multiple commuters for that. You can use multiple droplets of digitalocean, vultr, google could. That eliminates demands of multiple devices because each of droplets or instances will have unique static ip.

2. Yes, if you have large amount of coins that you want to put them as collateral for mn's, you can setup multiple masternodes of same coin.

3. There is absolutely no problem for having wallet in same computer.

4. You should always look for circulation supply, volume, development and community engagement for choosing any types of masternode. You should avoid mn with ROI of 7-15 days. Instead, research established projects those are having masternode implementation in their roadmap like WaBi, Block Array etc.

Hope your all queries are cleared.  Smiley

You saved me a lot of time. Some of these guys here think that are too smart to answer my questions. Thanks a lot buddy.   
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:50:22 PM

Masternode coin actually like PoS coin, you keep your coin to your wallet and keep online 24 hour at your server ( with connection ).
But, the different about masternode and PoS coin is : collateral.
Masternode have minimum coin to generate coin Smiley
sutil

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:53:02 PM

Hello guys, I would like to ask a question. Can I run masternode from any PC? Is the masternode different from a hardware miner or masternode is applicable only to PC?

Polkadog is the most meaningful meme coin project ever created
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:55:27 PM

Hello guys, I would like to ask a question. Can I run masternode from any PC? Is the masternode different from a hardware miner or masternode is applicable only to PC?

1. Usually you need linux as that is what is typicaly supported.
2. Yes any computer with 1GB ram should be good
3. You need static IP, one for each MN
4. Your MN needs to have 99% uptime

Its better to just get a cheap VPS. You get them for 5$ a month. Cheap.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
sutil

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:39:14 AM

Wow thanks for the detailed reply dude, now I am enlighten how a masternode works. I guess I will not pass as I dont have a static ip address and a stable 24/7 connection. I'll try to research how to run a masternode under VPS, I guess this is not the right time as the market is so bearish.

Polkadog is the most meaningful meme coin project ever created
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:47:28 AM

Wow thanks for the detailed reply dude, now I am enlighten how a masternode works. I guess I will not pass as I dont have a static ip address and a stable 24/7 connection. I'll try to research how to run a masternode under VPS, I guess this is not the right time as the market is so bearish.

https://www.arubacloud.com/. You have VPS for 1$ a month here. I did not try it yet I have one at Vultr for 5$ a month. As long as a masternode gives you more then you pay for VPS its worth it.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
Kaniel-ouots

Activity: 125
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:51:34 AM

i think masternodes is not a good thing as best coins dont use it and the volum of coins who use masternode and have a high roi is very small like 11k$ /24H
cubbo

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:00:26 PM

Yes Arubacloud for £1 per month works fine for Masternodes. I have a few running on there which seem to have been really stable.

Try buying SAROS or SUCRE coins at the moment and set a masternode up as it will be a very cheap way for you to learn how to do it.

There are a number of very cheap masternodes available at the moment so it is worth experimenting with a few different cheap coins and getting familiar with the process.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:49:44 AM

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: