Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:07:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: South Korea is hurting from the bear market  (Read 111 times)
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 02:45:21 PM

A lot of people in South Korea lost money from the crypto bubble

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/3/17192886/bitcoin-cryptocurrency-south-korea-millennials

I also read that credit card debit is very high in South Korea

South Korea helped propel the markets to the dizzy highs but now they are struggling. Saying that over 50% of Ripples daily volume is South Korean based???

It's really sad that nowadays young people have to invest their live savings in order for them to have a shot of luck, get money and be able to live a normal life in the future. $400,000 for a deposit for an apartment rental? Are they insane? I've never heard such an absurd thing in my life before. It's like I thought we had it bad here in our country, where there is hard to get a decent rental apartment for under $500, but at least we don't have to deposit anything, maybe some demand like a couple of $100s for deposit, not more. This is crazy, I feel for those young people in South Korea.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 02:56:27 PM

Bitcointalk often overlooks just how much of the entire crypto market is actually from asia, specifically China, Korea and Japan.
It's simple really, this is mostly an english based forum and a vast majority of those in crypto from Korea and China have their own forums and communities.

South Korea is incredibly forward thinking in adopting technology.
Just look at Seoul, they have incredible goals to make the ENTIRE city have wifi access.
It is natural that Koreans would be huge investors and supporters of crypto.

When you look at the numbers and realize just how much of the volume comes out of that one country, an informed investor would jump in on it and invest in Korean based projects.

This might sound like shilling, but seriously one of the best projects to support is ICON, a Korean company aiming to create an entirely seamless crypto ecosphere.

As far as the whole hurting from the bear market thing, well, just about everyone who was stupid enough to buy in when coins were peaking are hurting.
Now, it's been green for two days and everyone is like, "Maybe, the world is not ending after all?"

What we need is for those in the West to contribute to the overall volume of the market and help the next bull run come instead of waiting, hoping, and crying.

xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:30:08 PM

A lot of people in South Korea lost money from the crypto bubble

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/3/17192886/bitcoin-cryptocurrency-south-korea-millennials

I also read that credit card debit is very high in South Korea

South Korea helped propel the markets to the dizzy highs but now they are struggling. Saying that over 50% of Ripples daily volume is South Korean based???

Oh my, that is such a big number of volume, it is either there are so many Korean crypto investors
or there are big players there in that country. Either way, that is such a bad thing to hear. I hope
that this does not affect their enthusiasm towards this industry because judging by the numbers that
you are saying, it would affect this industry big time if they ever chose to stay away from the crypto
industry. Now others might say that they are not the there is still the rest of the world but at this
time, in the early days of crypto, every number counts, specially that kind of number.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: