Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:11:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IGNORE LIST 2018  (Read 263 times)
hisako (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 2

OKEx - OK Jumpstart Phase II Rules Announced

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:20:34 AM

I just want to know if there's a way to know how can we see the IGNORE LISTS of some HIGH RANK PEOPLE ESPECIALLY the DT's.
Because as for the newbies they wouldn't know if they're just wasting their efforts to get Merits if they have been put into IGNORE the past time.
What I mean is: (For example) You have been put into IGNORE this time, and later on you have a Quality Post that can be given some Merits but as you have been ignored you can't received any. ( A WASTED EFFORT )
Is there any other way to be remove onto their IGNORE LIST? I can't see any good reason to IGNORE people in their whole life. They can also make right things even if it's just 1 out of a million times.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SamaelDNM

Activity: 732
Merit: 18

New exchange generation

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:26:10 AM

I just want to know if there's a way to know how can we see the IGNORE LISTS of some HIGH RANK PEOPLE ESPECIALLY the DT's.
Because as for the newbies they wouldn't know if they're just wasting their efforts to get Merits if they have been put into IGNORE the past time.
What I mean is: (For example) You have been put into IGNORE this time, and later on you have a Quality Post that can be given some Merits but as you have been ignored you can't received any. ( A WASTED EFFORT )
Is there any other way to be remove onto their IGNORE LIST? I can't see any good reason to IGNORE people in their whole life. They can also make right things even if it's just 1 out of a million times.
Rays, I did not know that if you ignore you can not remove it, a solution would be good. in all ways be more careful where you click  Smiley

cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:49:00 AM

Rays, I did not know that if you ignore you can not remove it, a solution would be good. in all ways be more careful where you click  Smiley
You're not getting what the OP means mate. What he was saying, is that the High Ranking people doesn't much like removing some accounts from their ignore lists.
You can always UNIGNORE somebody whenever you like though its your choice and aspects if you want too see the posts of that person. People nowadays especially the HIGHER UPS, doesnt do this quitely. If they put someone on IGNORE then so be it, you've been put into ignore for the rest of your life.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1523

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 08:26:39 AM

Ignore lists are private, so you shouldn’t be able to see them. Apart from that, high rank people aren’t the only ones that can give you merit. If you become a good poster, some people may take you out from their list, if they see many replies to your posts of people quoting you.

Another solution would be to create a new account. It won’t take you long to reach junior member again, but it is better to keep improving and not to worry so much about merits.

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:35:14 AM

The person who ignore others still can read the post, if he/she decided to click "show post" button in the posts of ignored member, if i am not wrong, but please correct me if i am wrong. The ignored can be unignored by the person who ignores them anytime, so it is not permanent.

What intrigues me is your mindset, which thought that giving a contribution when you are in ignore list of other person would go to a waste. No, it is not. Others can find it useful and might merit you even though they are not a high ranked members. So, do contribute.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:03:20 AM

I think you misunderstood how the "IGNORE" button works. I'm talking about the BOLD sentence of yours, I somehow understand it although its grammar is incorrect. Base on what you said, if a user has been Ignored, he/she cannot receive any Merits. Well, that is totally WRONG. Some Members can still give you Merits although your account is being ignored by other Members. Putting someone IGNORED means the person who ignored you didn't want to see your posts (it may be because your posts are spam or it maybe the user's privacy concern).
Just like on Facebook, "IGNORE" button here in bitcointalk is really similar to "BLOCK" button on Facebook. If somebody blocked your account, other people can still see your posts and they can still like it. The only person who can't see and like your posts is the person who blocked you.

Now I hope you understand how it works. Lets get back here in Forum. If somebody IGNORED you, other people can still see and Merit your posts. The only person who can't is the person who IGNORED you.

Do you get it now? I hope you know Facebook as well or else, you won't really get it.

Besides that, showing the list of "ignored members" of high rank members here in the forum is unnecessary. Ignore list is also their privacy, but some Members are listing their ignored members in a thread. I found one in off topic section back in 2017.

404 Not Found
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 10:14:11 AM

I use ignore a lot, and there are two main reasons for being added to my list.

Merit abuse - this includes begging, buying or selling or exchanging with alts. I believe that a willingness to do any of these things indicates moral weakness, and I don't want to award such people. I am having a bit of a rethink about this, as sites like Steemit encourage the purchase of upvotes, and new members coming from another forum may not realise the community policy regarding merits. However, there really isn't any reason to avoid reading the rules and guidelines, and the forum is overrun with posts about merit at the moment.

Making posts that slow down reading - This is a personal choice, and it may not reflect board policy. I don't read posts that are long and heavily formatted, and I may put the poster on ignore. Creating great slaps of unbroken text are hard to read, and so is posting in capital letters. Rambling text in unintelligible English gets ignored, as do posts with large embedded graphics that add nothing to the post. Quoting a long post immediately close to the original post gets skipped. There are some other things like plagiarism and using Google translate, but I expect you guys get the idea,

Reading posts, and awarding merits is subjective, so I sometimes put abusive posters on ignore.

Can you read my ignore list? No, but you can see my merit abusers gallery at - https://bitcoinscammer.com/bitcoin-beggars/ . I moved it onto my Bitcoin scammer site, and at sometime in the future I will add to that site.
Can you appeal? In theory yes, but if I have you on ignore, then I don't know how you can do this.
Can I see your posts? Not as Jet Cash, and that is the account with all the merits to award. Talk Merit ( my alt to handle merit discussions ) doesn't have anybody on ignore, but it has a negligible number of merits to award. So if I see a post as Talk Merit that I might award, I have to switch to Jet Cash to make the award. If its on ignore with that account, then it won't get the award.

All of this may sound hard, but there is a major problem with spammer infestations here. I loved Bitcoin Talk as it was a few years ago, and I want to help to revive it. If you can't be bothered to read the rules and obey them, or if you have a low code of morality, then I hope that the new merit system will drive you out to find other swamps as we drain this one.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Silent26

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:10:22 AM

All of this may sound hard, but there is a major problem with spammer infestations here. I loved Bitcoin Talk as it was a few years ago, and I want to help to revive it. If you can't be bothered to read the rules and obey them, or if you have a low code of morality, then I hope that the new merit system will drive you out to find other swamps as we drain this one.
Count me in Sir Jet Cash, I also want to improve and revive this Forum. I knew that Bitcointalk is once became a peaceful Forum. A Forum without spammers, scammers and no people who violate rules. But it was a long time ago. As time passes by, new people comes in and make troubles around here. I'm glad and lucky that I'm not one of those stupid people who caused trouble here in the Forum. I just recently joined bitcointalk.org but, although I'm a noob. You can count me in to help to improve this Forum Smiley
I also love Bitcointalk as I owe it a lot. Because of this Forum, I improved my English vocabulary (English is not my first language, but I can assure that I can speak/write English properly), earned some money and met some friends. And in exchange for it, it is my obligation to help this Forum to improve it.

Just one thing Sir Jet Cash, I hope I'm not included to your Ignored list Smiley Am I?

404 Not Found
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 11:30:09 AM

Just one thing Sir Jet Cash, I hope I'm not included to your Ignored list Smiley Am I?
Sorry I couldn't read your post. Smiley

You don't have to call me 'Sir'. even though my domain name holding site is called "Baronets", but for your info, the correct form of address when speaking to a baronet is as follows -
Quote from: baronetage.org
A baronet is entitled to the prefix “Sir” and the word “Baronet” after his name and this precedes any other post-nominal letters to which he might be entitled. The word “Baronet” is usually shortened to “Bt” or “Bart”, the latter being slightly old fashioned and not often used nowadays.

I'm not a baronet in real life, but the correct form would be Sir Jet. Please note that the 'bart' shortform is not the same as Bart as in Bart Simpson. Smiley

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Silent26

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:20:51 PM

You don't have to call me 'Sir'. even though my domain name holding site is called "Baronets", but for your info, the correct form of address when speaking to a baronet is as follows -
Quote from: baronetage.org
A baronet is entitled to the prefix “Sir” and the word “Baronet” after his name and this precedes any other post-nominal letters to which he might be entitled. The word “Baronet” is usually shortened to “Bt” or “Bart”, the latter being slightly old fashioned and not often used nowadays.

I'm not a baronet in real life, but the correct form would be Sir Jet. Please note that the 'bart' shortform is not the same as Bart as in Bart Simpson. Smiley
So calling you Sir Jet would be fine am I right? Smiley

By the way,
Sorry I couldn't read your post. Smiley
What do you mean by you couldn't read my post  Cry does it means I'm in your ignored list or my post are just heavily formatted because like what you said that,
I don't read posts that are long and heavily formatted.

404 Not Found
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 12:31:00 PM

What do you mean by you couldn't read my post  Cry does it means I'm in your ignored list or my post are just heavily formatted because like what you said that,

That's just my English humour - I've no reason to ignore your posts. If you are using heavy formatting, then I haven't noticed the posts (yet). Smiley

You shouldn't call me Sir Jet, as I'm not a baronet in real life,

Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:14:12 PM

What do you mean by you couldn't read my post  Cry does it means I'm in your ignored list or my post are just heavily formatted because like what you said that,

That's just my English humour - I've no reason to ignore your posts. If you are using heavy formatting, then I haven't noticed the posts (yet). Smiley

You shouldn't call me Sir Jet, as I'm not a baronet in real life,

Could i call you Sir Jet, the Stag named Cash Domain?
Sounded funny to me, but english is not my native language and im tired Tongue
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:34:44 PM

I'm a Gemini, so I try to do too many things, and I've got too many nics on various sites. I'm going to have to put together a website to help me know who I am. I quite liked the Name Stag blog, but I felt that I was talking to myself, so I haven't done much with it for a few months.

I've become a lot more political now, and that's one reason why I hope to help Bitcoin Talk to maintain some serious boards like the tech, legal and serious discussion ones. I use Bitcoin as a savings medium, so I'm not really interested in the trading and alt boards.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: