Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:50:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: John McAfee Charges $105,000 for Cryptocurrency Promotions  (Read 236 times)
sarajahon (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:39:13 AM

Founder of the software company McAfee, John McAfee is now promoting cryptocurrency for $105,000 per tweet to his 810,000 direct followers.

I found source info here: https://coinpedia.org/news/john-mcafee-charges-crypto-promotions
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:37:22 AM

Damn, nowadays promotion and advertising made a lot from social media and it just normal when there are lot of ICOs out there promoting their coin and even using his name without his permission. This is also a good reason to measure and ICO, If an ICO can't have enough money to do such promotion then they shouldn't even consider to launch their coin to be known worldwide. Its just a new way to give pressure to scam ICOs  Grin Grin
sunny7408

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:41:58 AM

This time is crypto. Everyone want take advantage this crypto market like McAfee.
But i think McAfee never promote shit coin.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 08:45:16 AM

Founder of the software company McAfee, John McAfee is now promoting cryptocurrency for $105,000 per tweet to his 810,000 direct followers.

I found source info here: https://coinpedia.org/news/john-mcafee-charges-crypto-promotions

It's completely ridiculous to think people are listening to what he suggests but at least now it's clear that is getting paid to do so, is not doing it out of his good heart
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:50:04 AM

I don't listen to Mcafee I have my own criteria in choosing the coins where I invest my money and people should do the same, do not get into the hype because a man like Mcafee is tweeting it, that is bullshit what if that ICO is a scam he is staking his reputation.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
CoinOnTheBeach

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:53:00 AM

yeah, I have seen it, and there is a registration fee of $750.
apparently he chooses carefully the projects he supports.
at least he is open about the money, unlike other celebrities. 

https://www.coindesk.com/sec-halts-mayweather-endorsed-ico-charges-founders-fraud/
Zagitta

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:59:08 AM

So what did you expect when he was posting garbage and shit coins on his twitter account. He is here to make money and anybody following him and buying as per his promotions is an idiot and risks losing his investment completely.

judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:56:49 AM

So what did you expect when he was posting garbage and shit coins on his twitter account. He is here to make money and anybody following him and buying as per his promotions is an idiot and risks losing his investment completely.

Well in case the coins he is promoting turns out to be scam coin, he will not only lose his reputation but also the company the company he is representing I stopped using Mcafee because he is abusing the trust his followers are giving him better unfollow this guy.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
hitchcoin

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:02:35 AM

Everybody makes money how they want , what is bad in that jhon promote 1 tweet for 100 000$ ? Nothing many people do the same but not with the price like that but everyone who could earn money from pormoting Smiley
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:27:01 AM

He has a huge fanbase and a large following of crypto investors and also people who are looking to invest in the cryptocurrency market and a tweet from him could send thousands rushing into your campaign so I am not surprised that he charges this much, the only thing I have a problem with is when he starts promoting scam coins and making people lose their hard earned money.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
hitchcoin

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:59:36 AM

He has a huge fanbase and a large following of crypto investors and also people who are looking to invest in the cryptocurrency market and a tweet from him could send thousands rushing into your campaign so I am not surprised that he charges this much, the only thing I have a problem with is when he starts promoting scam coins and making people lose their hard earned money.

If you look better everyone here promoting a lot of shit coins and ico and its normally because all of this crypto only for speculate and making money , nothing else.
Kokondao

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:03:00 AM

That's a pretty expensive price for my taste, and if it does happen easily, and I want to, I'm very interested in buying it, and I'll spread this information.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:16:55 AM

I used to follow this guy on twitter , never worked for me , and I don't invest in any ICO he promote , he is manipulating the market with his followers and charging people , true devil.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:29:27 AM

Like it has been said before on whether John McAfee was doing good for the crypto world or bad BH promoting or lending credence to any ICO or coin, my argument was that he is causing more good than bad by influencing the decision of any market participants thereby leading to a form of pump and dump of that and further distort the market to the disadvantage of millions of other people who didn't have such information.

This allegation of him collecting such high amount is ridiculous though which could either be good or bad depending on the way its being looked at. Good in the sense that, its going to discourage a whole lot of people flooding his timeline on what the next "big  coin" is going to be. And bad on the fact that $105,000 is a just a small amount of money to be raised when his 810,000 followers pumped fund into a particular coin he promotes. The fact his people have continued to make gods out of themselves which give him the opportunity for such relevance.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:06:32 AM

Everybody makes money how they want , what is bad in that jhon promote 1 tweet for 100 000$ ? Nothing many people do the same but not with the price like that but everyone who could earn money from pormoting Smiley

it is just advertising but it is paramount that people specially newcomers understand this. unfortunately when it comes to investing in cryptocurrencies, from bitcoin to all the crappy altcoins and scammy ICOs, most people look for someone to follow like a sheep and that has led to a lot of problems for them including money loss and problems for the market like making the altcoin market look purely like a pump and dump scheme.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
selivers

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

Your Gate to Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:31:34 AM

Everyone involved with crypto is concerned about their own profits only. Now that this news is in public, the projects he advertised will be trolled and seen with suspicion.

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:38:41 AM

It is a normal business venture, nothing shocking or fairly surprising there. What is surprising though is that people will still come to react with euphoria and FUD to his observations although everybody knows now that he is paid to do them. The human race never ceases to amaze me.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Valentino654

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:39:00 AM

Everyone here would take up an offer of $100k to post a tweet that takes less than 60 seconds to write up. It's the unregulated nature of crypto that allows this to happen. Don't hate the playa' hate the game.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:45:48 AM

The sad thing is that people are still following him and buying every coin that he tweets! This is basically a pump and dump group and people should know better than to join. He has lost credibility with these ridiculous charges, yet people are blindly investing just because someone paid him to shill their coin!

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:37:25 PM

I don't care how much he got paid, The positive side here he made Cryptocurrency to be the most effective investment or store of value. The bad side here is he only choose Cryptos that are shitcoins! Just like paid bots.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: