Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:23:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling/exchanging merit.  (Read 658 times)
KingScorpio (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 06:48:24 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 04:39:03 PM by KingScorpio

since merit is impossible to get in this forum, even if you write good posts.

why dont we just exchange sell it to each other.

i have 22 merits i could give to someone if he then gives me 22 merits in return.

i doubt on the viability of this merit system.

regards

aileen393332xe5157

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:52:16 AM

i have 22 merits i could give to someone if he then gives me 22 merits in return.

i doubt on the viability of this system.

regards
Perhaps this is a good idea. Merit can exchange to achieve their goals soon. But when a merit is given to someone by the manager, of course it has a binding clause.
I doubt about this issue!
Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:57:41 AM

This isn't in the right section. It should be in Meta.

But to answer your question, NO. Merit should not be sold or bought.

That means that merit can simply be bought or sold for any arbitrary quality posts. That opens the door for spammers who should be banned getting merit they shouldn't be getting.

Merits are for quality posts and good behavior only. When you allow the exchange of merits for money, you take away that property of merit that the admins wanted in order to keep spam under control.

Buying/Selling merits undermines the very principle that created the merit system. Ergo, no. (BTW WHAT DOES ERGO MEAN?)

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
tor9

Activity: 434
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:01:10 AM

action, which is legal
there will be no contradiction with the rules of the forum
there will be no negative credibility of such actions
ezehy2014

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:01:32 AM

That means that merit can simply be bought or sold for any arbitrary quality posts. That opens the door for spammers who should be banned getting merit they shouldn't be getting.

Merits are for quality posts and good behavior only. When you allow the exchange of merits for money, you take away that property of merit that the admins wanted in order to keep spam under control.

Buying/Selling merits undermines the very principle that created the merit system. Ergo, no. (BTW WHAT DOES ERGO MEAN?)

Merit should not be sold but improved upon , make it a little bit easy for newbies
KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:19:34 AM

the problem is that its a broken system. many new forum members have issues with it.

ideya

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:21:03 AM

regards

If you do this, it can result in negative trust or even ban in some cases. It will make your profile useless and thus it is not worth doing.
KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:22:26 AM

regards

If you do this, it can result in negative trust or even ban in some cases. It will make your profile useless and thus it is not worth doing.

well you will have then secrtive trades, this forum actually isnt helping with merits, people are not honest here anyway i just made this proposal as this system isnt necessarily hepling newbies

merit system is broken,

it actually looks almost like a central bank to me, only those administrating this forum are giving merit away, and they are giving it mainly to those that help pushing bitcoin, and not altcoins etc-

it looks like a government with new central bank  Grin

regards

Typogre12

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:25:39 AM

regards

Qouted for reference.

Its considered right now as an untrustworthy behavior. Selling/Trading merit will result you in red trust.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:28:12 AM

regards
The introduction of merit system is to cut down the shitposters from polluting the forum,if you have good quality posts still you are not getting merits then try to participate in the merit giveaway threads.

If you exchange the merit between others for the sake of rank up the reason for introduction of new requirements become void and and if you do means it will be consider as merit abuse and DT members will reward with you RED flag.

Now the choice is yours.Cheers!

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:34:49 AM

you need to know, what you say is against the current rules. we all need merit if we want to improve the ranking. but it is not as easy as exchanging merit. because it is the same we allow the growth of spiders and peasants to increase. therefore the merit system is in place and valid for the next, I personally as well as you. it's hard to get merit, and this is a big obstacle, but it does not mean we have to despair, we can still work while following the campaign. and most importantly try better from day to day to get quality. although it is difficult
jerick06

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:38:36 AM

I think it will not really help newbies. Yes it will help in the ranking but will it help them to write constructive posts? I think its not appropriate if you do that.

SCAVO.FARM (https://scavo.farm) SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE
Tenoriza

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:40:41 AM

This is strictly not allowed in the rules, I as a devout human I hold fast to the rules, I hope you should not do it because if you do then your account will be exposed to the law by the moderator.
KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:40:53 AM

you need to know, what you say is against the current rules. we all need merit if we want to improve the ranking. but it is not as easy as exchanging merit. because it is the same we allow the growth of spiders and peasants to increase. therefore the merit system is in place and valid for the next, I personally as well as you. it's hard to get merit, and this is a big obstacle, but it does not mean we have to despair, we can still work while following the campaign. and most importantly try better from day to day to get quality. although it is difficult

i dont seek to insult the merit and the forums admins trial to have a secondary ranking next to activity.

its ok i recognize their work.

there will be a merit trade one way or the other, and be it a secretive one just like bitcoin trade beeing hiden from the governments and central banks.

but the merit in this forum looks also like a digital asset to me. people could get the idea selling it.

Then you will have either, old established users have the most attention taking accounts,

or you will have new billionaires, buying secretly people then.

coinmarket cap also lists only icos, if they are paying bitcoin to them, they dont take ico or other cryptocurrencies, but those at the beginning of cryptocurrencies dont have many bitcoin as they missed that movement.

same is with merit and account recognition.

the rules stays "those that came first" they "draw first"

Dr.Lecter

Activity: 602
Merit: 134

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:42:10 AM

regards

total agree with you. but i think you should have some good posts to exchange merits.  Wink
BrentMack

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:44:57 AM

Well trading and exchanging merit would mean you didn't earn it and your account might just end up getting flagged if you are not careful. I understand that getting merit is now very hard with the new system though.
KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:47:18 AM

regards

total agree with you. but i think you should have some good posts to exchange merits.  Wink

jes good posts, are quite relative. i mean you have to have posts that are in the interest of someone. but the forum is not honest driven and "good" is actually not possible to be defined.

i think sooner or later if this forum will grow smart people will just trade and exchange merit, so their account looks better and is beeing trusted more when they push their ico.

KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:50:22 AM

Well trading and exchanging merit would mean you didn't earn it and your account might just end up getting flagged if you are not careful. I understand that getting merit is now very hard with the new system though.

the problem is that its not necessarily in the interest of the forum participaters to give away merit based on "good posts"

this merit system mutades into a new central bank with mainly the forum admins running it. and they give merits to post that are according to their interest, so if they are all deeply invested into bitcoin mining, they will not give merits to ico pushers.

etc.

small message to the admins of this forum, to prevent them from blaming themselves:

its not your fault, that the merit system isnt perfect, its simply that there cannot be a perfect system.

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:51:05 AM

regards

It's not allowed and you will get red trust for abusing the system in any way
KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:58:27 AM

regards

It's not allowed and you will get red trust for abusing the system in any way

it can be interpreted this way,

but it can also be interpreted that one hand washes the other,

if there are multiple icos that need to push their accounts appearance to get attention and trust, they could help each other this way, its in the end unavoidable, and i admit it can also be abused.

but so can the highly "subjective" "good" merit posting valuation be

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: