Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:09:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If the government supports bitcoin instead of the existing currency.  (Read 24930 times)
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:14:50 AM

At present only a few countries that accept crypto currency while other countries prefer to banded bitcoin. Bitcoin can be legal so in this world seems to be very difficult because there are still many countries that consider cypto could disrupt the stability of the economy.
The government is very careful in making decisions about bitcoin, because the government is worried about losing control over the circulation of money if bitcoin is legal, unlike fiat money which is under government control in this case the central bank as a policy maker. Fiat money is centralized while bitcoin is decentralized, clearly operating outside government authority because transactions are peer to peer, as if we have our own bank.

This needs be think of a lot of times, we always think that bitcoin is a very big help in our economy however government has its own purpose why, this is just to protect our contry and to lessen the crimes, fraud and any other illigal activites that may happen because of crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lelahkenabanned

Activity: 329

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:45:31 AM

in my opinion that might happen when the government has begun to support bitcoin, the price of bitcoin can be very expensive and I am sure it can trigger an increase in bitcoin prices quickly.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:14:00 PM

I dont think that the government will support cryptocurrency over fiat. Every government have their own fiat and have some regulations when it comes to crypto use due to the risk that it can cause the public. Besides the central bank still dont recognize it as a currency.
Currently its look like so, but I am sure that with the passage of time their attitude toward bitcoin will change. They will very soon make bitcoin a legal currency and will very soon allow their people to use bitcoin for shopping and other purposes, because they are going to know and understand the importance of bitcoin.
brukva

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:30:16 PM

This will not happen in the near future.  People are realistic.
Deubila

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:54:24 PM

At present, bitcoins have too much volatility and this can have a negative impact on the economy.
This is unlikely, as some governments have forbidden. Some places are banned and are not interested in the appearance of electronic money. Bitcoin will stabilize again and there are positive future directions.
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:03:31 PM

Neither bitcoin nor paper money has any real value, but notes have national credit support, and what if bitcoin also gets national credit? The government will lose its macro-control policy but it can also effectively eliminate inflation, two relative ratios. Is that a good result? Of course, I know that the government is very unlikely to support bitcoin, but who knows?
Probably it will become an easy for us to invest in cryptocurrency and use it legally without thinking that the country we will go harms us from using btc. I believe also that bitcoin will become more stable if ever it happens. But I think it will never become easy and I think there are more years before it will become true.
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:24:28 AM

If the government starts support it, it will clearly go against its own nature.
This is something which has much brighter chances and that this will surely happen in near future as the government of different countries are constantly thinking of making these crypto currencies as legal currencies and that this action will then result in promotion of the crypto currencies and that then people will switch towards these currencies and will leave the regular currencies behind.
May be chances are there, but I do not think that it is going to happen so soon. I think that it will take a lot of time when all the people of the world will start using crypto currencies instead of fiat. I think that still fiat is the strongest currency in the world and it will take a lot of time when crypto will take its place.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:34:22 AM

If bitcoin has a full support form governments across the world, then probably we'll have a better bitcoin market cap and price that would also be on a stable basis, IMO. Government banning cryptos can give bad impression to their people too so its progress can also be affected through it.

cdoyle14

Activity: 154

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:10:21 AM

Neither bitcoin nor paper money has any real value, but notes have national credit support, and what if bitcoin also gets national credit? The government will lose its macro-control policy but it can also effectively eliminate inflation, two relative ratios. Is that a good result? Of course, I know that the government is very unlikely to support bitcoin, but who knows?
I think that it would be something like that Japanese Woolwich that are attending to have the Bitcoin payment madhav integrated if the government will support that, will be the future.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:21:36 AM

If bitcoin has a full support form governments across the world, then probably we'll have a better bitcoin market cap and price that would also be on a stable basis, IMO. Government banning cryptos can give bad impression to their people too so its progress can also be affected through it.
Definitely, it attracts more investors once government will do that.  Many investors and establishments owners are still in doubt if investing cause government didn't push it to regulate and do control of any market transactions. Maybe we should accept that we need some modifications in order to move forward.
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:28:10 AM

Bitcoin is a "decentralized", global, digital currency, at the price and movement of which someone is controlling. I think that soon the puppet governments (their majority) will support bitcoin instead of the existing fiat.
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:33:27 PM

most in the coming future bitcoin will accepted as mainstream currency in most parts of the world the main reason is it is inflation free currency
kniheant

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:01:01 PM

in my opinion,i think it is not easy for the government to support bitcoin because there must be pros and cons and not many people can use it ,it takes a very long process if the government supports bitcoin but I think it is unlikely to happen.
mjaranzasu

Activity: 145

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:20:12 PM

in my opinion,i think it is not easy for the government to support bitcoin because there must be pros and cons and not many people can use it ,it takes a very long process if the government supports bitcoin but I think it is unlikely to happen.

Yes because of the anonymity of bitcoin this is the main reason why governments do not support it to be legalize and more cons than pros. It will not really be easy to happen in the near future.
nguyenthanhvien

Activity: 148

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 04:36:13 PM

Your comments are very interesting. If a country changes with their economic bureau, they can change a lot. Because BTC can cut a lot of costs when operating. No need for money, no ATM, no bank ...
sutejo

Activity: 216

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:34:38 PM

I always support government regulations. If you buy goods with USD, Euros, it's illegal. Because transactions in other countries are required with their own currencies. So, don't ask me to ask for bitcoin to be legalized as a currency, because the USD itself is used for payments that are illegal,
Gila uang

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:25:17 PM

Getting connected with the Government will surely affect a lot of things.

I think fiat support can still be the order of the day.
Governments will not support what they will not control and this is why bitcoin will hardly be supported, it is decentralized and not centralized to say for example that every country can make individual laws on bitcoin related issues.
spongegar

Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:55:47 AM

I guess if a country supports crypto currency then i doubt that they wouldn't create their own coin so they can manipulate it themselves. As for an ideal world. I'd guess that it would be a load off their backs and pricing for goods wouod be different. I guess we will see a total overhaul of a country's financial system

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Dongquensiar

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:18:11 AM

They never choose it over their own currency. I think the volatility of the value of bitcoin is worst than the inflation and purchasing power of fiat. Another thing is that, it id still decentralized and the government cannot control what should be happening on it.
yonjitsu

Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:19:10 AM

Then that will be a good move for the government if it embraces the technology instead of banning them. There will be less fluctuations of its market cap and price since it will attract more investors because bitcoin is backed by the government itself and it gives confident and security on their side especially when bitcoin is also regulated.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: