Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:48:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What books should I read on blockchain?  (Read 128 times)
MovieChain (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:44:33 AM

Please, where should I start?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:05:18 AM

Blockchain technology is relatively young. And I don't know if such books exist. In any case, I did not see such. But you can learn about blockchain technology on the Internet. There are many sites.There you can find all the information you need.You can also get such information on bitcoin forums.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Johnny Lgz

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:41:57 AM

National BookStore has a new book for everyone who wants to order, I just want to share the info I received with my email yesterday, check if you have outlet near you---

Book: Blockchain Revolution
Contain: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, Business, and the World
Author: Don Tapscott, Alex Tapscott

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:01:49 AM

it really depends on how much you are familiar with the blockchain technology and also how much you are planning to learn!

if for example you know nothing and just want to know the basics and have a simple idea of how things work then go to Coindesk.com and visit their articles about "What is bitcoin", "how does mining work",... they will explain to you in simple enough words how things work.

if you want a book to do that and also have some more details so that you can learn a little more advanced topics then search for Andreas Antonopoulos, he is the only one that I dare say understands bitcoin and knows that to teach that to others. he has a couple of books one of which called Mastering Bitcoin, read that.

Only Bitcoin
djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:09:14 AM

What exactly do you want to learn?
If you want to develop something, then you should probably learn how to code.
On the other hand, if you just want to know in detail about the technology and its features, then you should perhaps watch a few YouTube videos and then refer to a few articles online.
I suggest you first get basic understanding of the technology and its principles and then decide from there how you want to proceed.
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:10:15 AM

you want to learn blockchain technology, you should first have a background as a programmer. I see there are amazon sites that sell books about blockchain technology, this future technology is in need for modern fintech

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:13:47 AM

You can see the books in previous replies, besides you can read here and find a lot of answers that will benefit you, I advise you to go to this section

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0
Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:15:16 AM

You want to understand the blockchain technology or you want to know how to buy an encrypted currency.
If it is the latter, then you can learn a lot in the beginner section of fourm.

iconternal

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:34:26 AM

You can start learning through Google or youtube, and try to trade in the market to get big profits, and studying at bitcoin forum or reading lots of news will make you add knowledge.

ANYONE
(ANY)   www.any-one.org   (ANY)
Investment Platform
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:48:32 AM

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/091316/top-3-books-learn-about-blockchain.asp

This is a very good article I came across. I have read three of these books and they are worth reading for sure. to this collection, there is one noteworthy book i would like to add on... "Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the open Blockchain" by "Andreas Antonopoulos".

Also you can get a thorough knowledge and understanding regarding this topic through various videos. You'll get to such videos on Youtube by certain professionals that will help you gain more deep understanding regarding the topic. For the updates regarding the market, you may stay tuned with this bitcoin talk forum...it will serve the purpose.  
ashley_49

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:02:43 PM

I think there ain’t many books on Crypto just yet. You don’t actually need to read any book to know about Crypto, there are a lots of articles about Cryptocurrency, which you will easily by google search. You can also watch some videos about it. There’re lots.
mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:17:05 AM

Please, where should I start?

First read the Satoshi's whitepaper. Then learn about the basics. I assume you know what P2P is. If not learn. Do you know what hashes are? If not learn.  Do you know what is a one-way function? Hell, do you know what a function is? Start with these.

Watch youtube videos on cryptography. Once you get a rough handle on the concepts of cryptography then wallets, transactions, will start to make sense. It will become intuitive instead of this mass of FUD.

There are many excellent youtube videos out there that cover this.

cryptojohnn7

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:25:45 AM

There are many actually, you can go for, Blockchain Revolution, The Age Of Cryptocurrency, The Business Blockchain, Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Technologies or Mastering Bitcoin etc.
Aleshia696

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:27:42 AM

Blockchain is a very new technology in the world. People are learning and developing the technology every day. And for so, I also have not found any specific guide on this topic. But it is true that, you will get a lot of online resources to learn blockchain.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:31:03 AM

you can read the information about blockchain online. I do see much of the publication on magazines actually than on books but there are several books that can be avail in amazon. I just checked it and seem a lot of it.  https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=blockchain prices are less than $25 too. You might find some of them interesting with good titles and no just discussing blockchain.

Anycoin Direct Support

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 08:14:48 AM

Hello MovieChain,

To understand the blockchain we need to look at the basis of the technology behind it, namely the first whitepaper written on the topic by Satoshi Nakamoto which can be found here.

If you have read your way through this whitepaper already and want to focus more on the blockchain itself we suggest reading the book written by Andreas Antonopoulos: Mastering Bitcoin. Even though the title suggests it is about bitcoin, it also covers the blockchain technology extensively.

The second book we would recommend to you is the Blockchain Revolution written by Dan and Alex Tapscott. This book focusses more on the actual use cases of the blockchain technology and its potential. It also sketches a possible future across a number industries and the outcomes the blockchain technology could offer.

The final book we suggest is The Business Blockchain written by William Mougayar. This book is a recommendation for after you have read the precious books. It goes in depth about how the blockchain will impact the financial industry. Since the blockchain has the biggest potential usage in the financial sector it is a very interesting read for the people who already grasp the basic knowledge behind the blockchain.

With kind regards,
The Anycoin Direct team

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: