Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:19:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guerilla marketing - anyone is experienced for the ICO?  (Read 127 times)
CryptosGeek (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:57:52 AM

Hi guys, as I have been researching recently a bit about different options to promote the ICO, I have found this option - guerilla marketing. Has anyone done it? Is it only about the airdrop? I will appreciate any help in this matter. Cheers
waiberz

Activity: 479
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:05:00 AM

What is the exact domain name of guerilla?
UnusualLeech045

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:12:00 AM

What is the exact domain name of guerilla?

LOL. Its a marketing startegy not a website or whatsoever. What I know is that this strategy is more like a shill bumping of a topic or name by different people, indirectly putting some key phrases to comments/post for SEO purposes. The more people talking about the said topic or name the better the marketing goes.
CryptosGeek (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:36:31 AM

Still a bit vague, how would it work for the ICO ? Anyone done it?
EasyGoing

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:55:36 AM

it's like sending message to a youtubers, or make a post on someone's thread to review about your project. more like that tho
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 02:19:18 PM

I don't know how I'd feel about that, since it's pretty close to spamming in most cases.
You basically leave spam comments under other people's content in the hopes that you get a few clicks in return.

Practically, you'd have to spend day and night contacting influencers to promote your ICO, hoping that it will go viral.
All without any budget to convince them to do so.

I guess it's possible, but it's going to be difficult going up against projects that have a marketing budget.

CryptosGeek (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:32:11 PM

hahaha... no thanks. I mean it sounds mad ! Who has all the time to do this ? Cheers
spindle.ico
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 07:18:02 PM

Well, I believe that may work, but such technics won't replace the basic steps for promoting a project: listings, ads, PR. they work much better.
though collaborating with influencers is also good, but in fact requires much money

weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:29:22 PM

It happens all the time here but maybe on a smaller scale , everybody is shilling their own shitcoins in every topic. But this isn't a viable solution for ICO's , a lot of people will instantly dislike a product that markets in these ways. It is very ineffective IMO.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: