Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:53:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need the Explanation with example of few terms in Crypto Market!  (Read 166 times)
Boi qaaf (OP)

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:20:19 AM

1) ICO
2) Bounty
3) Whitelist Registration
4) Airdrops
5) AMA
6) Hard Cap
7) Soft Cap
8. Fund Raise of a Company
9) Crowdsale
10) Signature Bounty

I am still unclear of these terms! I would be glad if someone will give guide me  Smiley

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siddharthcristiano

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:27:12 AM

Courtesy of the acute bull run the cryptocurrency space just experienced, there’s more new Bitcoiners and the like to welcome than ever before.

That also means there’s a lot of new users who have a great deal of homework to do in order to play catch up; the cryptocurrency ecosystem can be extraordinarily dense at first for newcomers. But it need not be that way for long.

One of the first things that crypto newbies will need to do is become “literate,” as it were, in the vernacular and jargon of the space. It might seem like everyone’s speaking a different version of English you’ve never seen before, but you’ll pick everything up quickly. Especially after getting caught up with the major keywords in this post! 
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3833

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:33:02 AM
Merited by Red-Apple (1)

Check out this list, A Glossary of all the Cryptocurrency Terms you need to know[1]. Most of those terminologies are on this list, and there are some that you might learn as well.

[1] https://cryptominded.com/glossary-cryptocurrency-terms-need-know/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jimmydvd

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:45:22 AM

for me ICO it means Initial Coin Offering is a way of showing or presenting a new Coin / Token by selling the coin / token to investors. Offering means bidding, when interpreted in its entirety means the earliest coin offerings before launch into the market.
Sachinist

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:06:26 AM
Merited by vlad230 (1)

1) ICO
2) Bounty
4) Airdrops
5) AMA
6) Hard Cap
7) Soft Cap
9) Crowdsale
10) Signature Bounty

I am still unclear of these terms! I would be glad if someone will give guide me  Smiley

ICO - Initial Coin Offering. Similar to IPO. Instead of shares, you invest in the crypto tokens of projects which may represent a variety of things

Bounty - A reward that is offered to those who participate, promote and influence a project's outreach

Whitelisting - Some ICOs require you to be registered before investing. This is called getting whitelisted

Airdrop - Free tokens awarded to holders of a cryptocurrency or token, usually when a new coin is forked from the one you hold

AMA - Ask Me Anything(technically a broader term, not only applied to cryptocurrency)

Hard Cap - Maximum amount of funds that can be received in a crowdsale

Soft Cap - Minimum amount of funds to be received in a crowdsale for it to be regarded a success. ICOs which fail to reach their Soft Cap tend to reimburse their participants

Crowdsale - Fund-raising event. There just different ways of doing it. Usually, there's a pre-sale(s), which may be private, with bonuses followed by a public sale

Signature Bounty - Reward for lending your signature space to a campaign, which varies based on forum rank

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:30:01 PM

ICO they run this in forum so users,traders,investors will know about their project to become popular to here in crypto world

hardcap is when they achieve like they sell all of their tokens or coins

Airdrops is a free tokens or coins that they give after you register in their project
cryptojohnn7

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:24:30 AM

As in the upper comments I’m seeing our brothers are giving all the answers. What I am thinking is, there are many free courses about this topic. You can look forward to those if you need.
croptodic

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:21:46 AM

I think Sachinist has explained the term properly. There are also terms to know more about the industry. I think you can search those terms over the internet to know more and deeply that will help you in long learning.
Boi qaaf (OP)

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:15:19 AM

1) ICO
2) Bounty
4) Airdrops
5) AMA
6) Hard Cap
7) Soft Cap
9) Crowdsale
10) Signature Bounty

ICO - Initial Coin Offering. Similar to IPO. Instead of shares, you invest in the crypto tokens of projects which may represent a variety of things

Bounty - A reward that is offered to those who participate, promote and influence a project's outreach

Whitelisting - Some ICOs require you to be registered before investing. This is called getting whitelisted

Airdrop - Free tokens awarded to holders of a cryptocurrency or token, usually when a new coin is forked from the one you hold

AMA - Ask Me Anything(technically a broader term, not only applied to cryptocurrency)

Hard Cap - Maximum amount of funds that can be received in a crowdsale

Soft Cap - Minimum amount of funds to be received in a crowdsale for it to be regarded a success. ICOs which fail to reach their Soft Cap tend to reimburse their participants

Crowdsale - Fund-raising event. There just different ways of doing it. Usually, there's a pre-sale(s), which may be private, with bonuses followed by a public sale

Signature Bounty - Reward for lending your signature space to a campaign, which varies based on forum rank

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Thank you Sachinist for giving me clarification of all these term and I am thankful to you but I have one question, If a Company is already offering a bonus on pre-sale of ICO then why does it need to Crowdsale or signature Bounty

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
Sachinist

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:00:54 PM

Bonus is usually a reward for early investors in the project. Signature bounty is used to promote the project on the forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: