Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Review] BFL "Little Single" ASIC  (Read 1988 times)
sdczen (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 05:31:25 PM

I know it's a little late, but it might be useful for some. 

We have finally got our hands on a Butterfly Labs ASIC miner.  As most of you know, production release dates have been a enormous problem for BFL.  The miner we are testing was ordered in March 2013, it was received October 31st 2013. As you can imagine, the wait time essentially nullified any chance of making a quick return on investment.  With ASICs flooding the market, the mining difficulty is pacing with the production numbers.  Want to make a good return on your mining investment?  Get "fast hashing" hardware quickly. 

Unboxing the unit was also an ear opening experience, as I could hear screws rattling & sliding around inside the case.  Loose metal objects floating around powered electronics can be an expensive mistake.  Fearing it may fry the electronic inside, I removed the offending screws, and proceeded to put the unit back together.  I then remembered that BFL had to change their original design of the Single & Little Single ASIC units.  They had to double the case size, to accommodate the 30 & 60GH/s boards.  The resulting internal case design & assembly appeared to be rushed into production.

Read the rest here: https://coinaxis.com/index.php/entry/butterfly-labs-asic-review-30gh-s-coinaxis
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 04:33:03 PM

I don't think your type are welcome here any more -

this is post 500+ million territory , things could get wild.

next will be separate toilets and buses -

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:54:24 PM

Are you going to get the $4680 unit that can only crunch 600GH/S when the difficulties went up yesterday?

At least it's a good news that the product they made stand up to the spec stated in March of 2013!  How many BTC are you making a day from this unit?

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
sdczen (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 08:13:18 PM

Are you going to get the $4680 unit that can only crunch 600GH/S when the difficulties went up yesterday?

At least it's a good news that the product they made stand up to the spec stated in March of 2013!  How many BTC are you making a day from this unit?

I won't purchase the 600GH/s card from them.  I'll wait and see if they can hit their future targets before I jump on that train again.

BTC's a day with 30GH/s is around 0.02 btc.  Or approximately $7.00 per day.  Of course that will change at the next rise in difficulty.
Zawamiya

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 01:20:39 AM

We have finally got our hands on a Butterfly Labs ASIC miner.  As most of you know, production release dates have been a enormous problem for BFL.  The miner we are testing was ordered in March 2013, it was received October 31st 2013. As you can imagine, the wait time essentially nullified any chance of making a quick return on investment.  With ASICs flooding the market, the mining difficulty is pacing with the production numbers.  Want to make a good return on your mining investment?  Get "fast hashing" hardware quickly. 

Unboxing the unit was also an ear opening experience, as I could hear screws rattling & sliding around inside the case.  Loose metal objects floating around powered electronics can be an expensive mistake.  Fearing it may fry the electronic inside, I removed the offending screws, and proceeded to put the unit back together.  I then remembered that BFL had to change their original design of the Single & Little Single ASIC units.  They had to double the case size, to accommodate the 30 & 60GH/s boards.  The resulting internal case design & assembly appeared to be rushed into production.

Read the rest here: https://coinaxis.com/index.php/entry/butterfly-labs-asic-review-30gh-s-coinaxis

Better not buy anything more from Butterfly lab, they have really bad record and please don't risk your money... go for KNC instead..
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:27:03 AM

Better not buy anything more from Butterfly lab, they have really bad record and please don't risk your money... go for KNC instead..

Just like you mentioned, BFL does have a bad reputation in the BTC community. The other mining rigs will be more popular if they changed the design aspect just my IMO.
TheDragonSlayer

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:20:11 PM

No please, unless you know what you are dealing with.... BFL is a long-term scammer.....

sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:03:00 PM

Ebay is flooded with newly arrived miners from this Spring's pre-orders.  If the miners were mining enough BTC for them, we won't see this many sellers trying to recover what they paid in for.

You may not be able to get Refund from BFL or other vendors but Ebay might be a place to get a full refund for the unsuspected buyers when they realized they just lost $1,000. 

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: