Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:27:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin banned in social media?  (Read 551 times)
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:28:03 PM

is that real or fake news?...
i am confused of what people are disccussing about banning all cryptos and altcoins in social media,how should we know that its real or not...
im scared,because like me this is the way that i participate in bounty campaign,how can i participate those bounties if theres no twitter and facebook update for cryptos..

I still see a lot of campaign with facebook and twitter campaign so the ban is not fully implemented I can pos ton Facebook about airdrops and ICO and it is still alive I have not yet received a notification from Facebook that I am in prison because of posting cryptocurrency related stuffs.
You are not yet in prison and never will be because you didn't violate a rule at all since you only post crypto-related infos on your wall which is not included on the conditions of the ban. In my perspective, what's not allowed anymore is that ICOs' advertisements are directly promoted by FB (e.g. Ads tgat are popping on the side of our wall).

Also me, I see crypto-related posts in some  groups who uses btc 'til now and I'm pretty sure that FB will also prohibit it because that will means suppression of freedom of speech.
Dheo

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:28:08 PM

i am confused of what people are disccussing about banning all cryptos and altcoins in social media,how should we know that its real or not...
im scared,because like me this is the way that i participate in bounty campaign,how can i participate those bounties if theres no twitter and facebook update for cryptos..

I heard that there's a news that in social media the CryptoCurrency advertising are banned but I still seeing in Facebook are advertising about the crypto.
ronaldsam

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:30:32 PM

Bitcoin is not ban on social media or on facebook because of social media bitcoin rises or is recognized by social media users they spread it and shineshare to better identify bitcoin in different countries.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:31:26 PM

I don't think social media is banning Bitcoin, they are banning and filtering ICOs as most of the ICOs are scam and ponzies.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:31:44 PM

This is wrong my understanding is the crypto currency advertisements that are trying to push ICOs are the specifically banned ones, at least for Twitter.

Twitter, like the other social media platforms doesn't differentiate between content that's being advertised, meaning that everything related to crypto isn't allowed to advertise (eg, tokens, wallet services, exchanges, cloud mining, etc). It would be a great thing if they just prohibited certain aspects from buying ad space, but that's too much of a hassle for them. I am sure that if the demand for ad space from legitimate crypto sources was high enough, these social media platforms would make various exceptions for exchanges or wallet services and exchanges, but that's not the case. On the other hand, that's a good thing, because that basically means that legitimate services weren't actively advertising on social media, and thus won't be that much affected.
KuraJamban

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 12:32:18 PM

I heard that there's a news that in social media the CryptoCurrency advertising are banned but I still seeing in Facebook are advertising about the crypto.
They're still, but some ICO ads already banned. Sometimes when you post the url that redirect to ICO website, facebook will automatically block it.
Facebook are working hard to ban them one by one

BitChief

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:32:39 PM

Facebook's social media is rumored to prohibit the circulation of ads in its platforms that have content related to crypto currency (cryptocurrency), including bitcoin. The company initiated by Mark Zuckerberg argues that the content of those advertisements is related to deceptive and misleading promotional practices.

Yes we continue to see the social media platforms banning the advertising of cryptocurrencies and ICOs. I believe the businesses just do not understand how to access these and are just simplying trying to reduce all exposure to any possible negative press, due to scams.

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:39:09 PM

Then you should stick around much at bitcointalk. There are enough updates here on bounties and memebers of this forum don't lose much going by that action. By the way, the ban is a good thing that should checkmate ICOs so as to curb the numerous scams that icos have become.

It's true there will be a ban but it has not been announced yet, and I do not think it will happen and just as news to lower the bitcoin price for them to buy at a cheap price.
I am not a fan of Twitter but I can speak of Facebook and I can authoritatively tell you all that the ban is already on.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:46:08 PM

Here in my country they say in news that google and facebook will banned crypto but i can use fb in some of my business about crypto related until now so i'm not sure if they can ban crypto,i think also that is possible but it takes time like a year or more because there's a lot of page there that already running for so long time

Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:47:19 PM

They're still, but some ICO ads already banned. Sometimes when you post the url that redirect to ICO website, facebook will automatically block it.
Facebook are working hard to ban them one by one

These social medias are definitely not banning all of them, they're more of strictly regulating them. They're trying to get rid of those ico ads promising huge profits to protect their users from being scammed.
marites

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:51:30 PM

I think that is only a fake news.
Why they ban bitcoin in social media? What is their purpose?
Bitcoin is also helping social media . Because of bitcoin more and more people are getting in touch or subscribe to facebook or twiiter etc  right.
Cakalasia

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:53:11 PM

Facebook's social media is rumored to prohibit the circulation of ads in its platforms that have content related to crypto currency (cryptocurrency), including bitcoin. The company initiated by Mark Zuckerberg argues that the content of those advertisements is related to deceptive and misleading promotional practices.

Yes we continue to see the social media platforms banning the advertising of cryptocurrencies and ICOs. I believe the businesses just do not understand how to access these and are just simplying trying to reduce all exposure to any possible negative press, due to scams.

Is it true?
But I still seeing in the social media that they advertising about the CryptoCurrency/ ICO's projects.
And there's a news that i heard it banned ads in tweeter but I believe it will be okay.
MilfordGannon

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:25:39 AM

Don’t get hyper please. Big social medias decided to ban cryptocurrency advertising.They have not decided to ban crypto related accounts. So don't panic and see what happens.
andeonnut

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:27:49 AM

I'm still seeing Ads on Instagram and Twitter. It is much more subtle that they are ICOs or cryptos, but that Ice Rock mining ICO is still always on my feed.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:32:52 AM

another fucking fud news lols they want to buy a lot of bitcoin when the value will go dips again thsi news i always heard it before so dont panic guys just hold your bitcoins and just buy more when the value of bitcoin goes dips more so you will get more money soon be patient and be strogn no matter what happen bitcoin is bitcoin it will going increase again!
skeletica

Activity: 138

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:33:36 AM

the news is not 100% real. still a lot of social media bounty (facebook, tweeter, etc.). I hope the issue soon disappears.
lekleklek

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:34:50 AM

What issue are you referring to? You want the ban to go away or the social bounties to go away?
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:04:19 AM

not bitcoin but for crypto advertising. this is what is banned by internet giants and facebook. I think that any form of prohibition will have an impact and effect on crypto itself. but however we can not do much to prevent it or exception.
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:17:08 AM

Bitcoin isn't banned on social media platforms but rather it's Ads that are banned for cryptocurrency as it came to light that a lot of these Ads were being used to carry out scams and a lot of people were falling victim to them so the ban was a move made by the social media companies to protect its users from further scams and to prevent scammers from using their platform to carry out their scams.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Aleshia696

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:28:01 AM

I think, not all social media will ban crypto. Yes, Facebook and Twitter have already banned the crypto related advertisement. But not the discussion on that topic. And if they want to do so, they will have to change the way of using social media. But they can ban organizational ads.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: