Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD mining DEAD NOW with Bitmain E3  (Read 1832 times)
gameboy366 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:16:59 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 12:29:40 PM by gameboy366

Do you think that AMD cards will be completely out of the mining game now due to ethash miners ? What is the future of Vega rigs now ?

Is there any possibility that AMD will manufacture a new gpu with mining in mind ?
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:18:51 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3249542.msg33915480#msg33915480
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:23:13 PM

Only the real miners will stay... Sheeps and easy profit makers will go away now Wink

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:38:24 PM

This is just the same as before that mining is dead. But honestly, for me, I still keep mining with AMD and Nvidia cards.
If you are just an investor and didn't want to lose your investment well better to exit because we don't know if altcoin mining will be profitable these coming months.
However, for real miners, they will stay and keep mining. Mining it's not about making a profit, for me, it is just for a knowledge and learning and I am happy that I enjoying mining.
gameboy366 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:46:58 PM

Thanks almighty that I have only Nvidia rigs. I was going to make 12*570 or a Vega rig this month.

Nothing will happen to Nvidia cards for a long time. There are too many reputable coins of different algorithms. But looks like AMD will be completely out.
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:48:07 PM

I Hope Ethereum and others Ethereum algorithm coin will fork to ASIC Resistance like Monero.
But 180 MH ASIC and for July shipment is no problem on chain.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:03:06 PM

Nah, AMD is still in the game. Now when different Cryptonight coins will fork and thus giving us back the ability to mine them with GPUs without the ASICs in the network.

Bwtmn7

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:07:55 PM

I Hope Ethereum and others Ethereum algorithm coin will fork to ASIC Resistance like Monero.
what if they mine with them before selling?
gameboy366 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:23:40 PM

what if they mine with them before selling?

OFC they mined the hell out of them. Now they are releasing it because they have already made enough profit and eth might go pos in future so this is the perfect time. They also have antminer F3 which I don't know if it's true or not could mine ethash at a real ASIC level.

Even this small device would kill ethash gpu mining due it's low cost and scalablity.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:26:38 PM

will be fun in July trolls, million units of the e3 + millions of units of nvidia volta hehe, eth difficulty 5x of today hehe. Today 3.3, in august 23.7 hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:29:20 PM

All Bitmain products are just tagged as *new*.. In reality, they are beeing "tested" for more than 3 months there..
My friends ordered A3 and D3.. Both came and after week of mining 1 hash board went dead.. They are selling CRAP!

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:44:52 PM

All Bitmain products are just tagged as *new*.. In reality, they are beeing "tested" for more than 3 months there..
My friends ordered A3 and D3.. Both came and after week of mining 1 hash board went dead.. They are selling CRAP!

Yes but they will still sell and they will still mine.

Inevitable.

Merit me or don't.
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:49:56 PM

will be fun in July trolls, million units of the e3 + millions of units of nvidia volta hehe, eth difficulty 5x of today hehe. Today 3.3, in august 23.7 hehe

Only morons still mine ETH. There are countless more profitabla coins out there. Even ethash ones. But it takes time and dedication to follow the crypto world and know.

To be honest I am not even sure ETH is going to recover from this fall.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
gameboy366 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:15:31 PM

Only morons still mine ETH. There are countless more profitabla coins out there. Even ethash ones. But it takes time and dedication to follow the crypto world and know.

To be honest I am not even sure ETH is going to recover from this fall.

It doesn't matter if you mine ETH or not. This will affect all the coins.

Right now either newbies or big farms are the one who mine ETH. Now due to these Bitmain miners they switch to other coins.

They will come after your coin and increase the difficulty. Doesn't looks too good now eh ?
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:36:06 PM

If you already have a mining rig with a properly fine tuned, bios modded 6x AMD cards ( rx 470-480-570-580 ), that rig basically can give you the exact hashrate/power usage just like the new E3's on ETH. If you are thinking to buy new cards right now to build a mining rig ... FORGET THAT !!!

There is some another factors you need to consider :
ETH might going to have a hard fork ,or going to POS before those E3's going to reach the customers, So there is a good chance E3's will be the same as D3's...
The biggest problem the network hashrate / difficulty is going to go the moon ... So ETH mining is likely not going to be profitable anymore, if coin prices going to stay on today levels ...
Miners going to move they rigs to mine another coins, those coins difficulty going to grow like crazy, basically killing the mining profitability for those coins.

Good job bitmain !!!

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
CryptoPlay

Activity: 202
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:38:29 PM

Monero will be the way!
2 days for the FORK!

https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-2065.png
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:23:15 PM

Do you think that AMD cards will be completely out of the mining game now due to ethash miners ? What is the future of Vega rigs now ?

Is there any possibility that AMD will manufacture a new gpu with mining in mind ?

Why are you solo-ing out AMD cards? NVIDIA cards are as much affected as AMD card at this time. Difficulty affects everyone regardless and the bitmain E3 is more efficient than both AMD or NVIDIA. Could you elaborate why AMD cards are dead and NVIDIA are not? As far as i know AMD cards are even more power efficient than NVIDIA cards once modded.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
gameboy366 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:16:33 PM

Monero will be the way!
2 days for the FORK!

It will be even worse. All of ETH miners will jump in along with those who were already going to mine it. Difficulty will skyrocket.

This thing is not even a ASIC, it like a more compact panda miner but it will have an affect that no other ASIC ever had. It will disrupt the whole gpu mining network.

But I do think for some reasons that GPU miners are big believers and pillars of Ethereum. So most probably devs will change the algo but what good will it do if this is not an ASIC ?

The only soln. will be if Nvidia and/or AMD develops a new gpu which will be very efficient in mining or we need some coins that can challenge the market capital of ETH.

gameboy366 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:19:30 PM

Why are you solo-ing out AMD cards? NVIDIA cards are as much affected as AMD card at this time. Difficulty affects everyone regardless and the bitmain E3 is more efficient than both AMD or NVIDIA. Could you elaborate why AMD cards are dead and NVIDIA are not? As far as i know AMD cards are even more power efficient than NVIDIA cards once modded.
Nvidia cards are affected but not as much as AMD. Affect on Nvidia cards is more like a side-effect but AMD has become the main target due to less algos it can mine and main dependency on ETH.

Those who already have AMD rigs will continue to run them of course but no one is going to build a new AMD rig now but people will still continue to make Nvidia rigs. If you think that they both are equally affected then you can see the price difference in upcoming days b/w AMD and NVdia cards. AMD cards are going to become cheaper, I am already seeing the price cuts happening with AMD.
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:30:07 PM

Bitmain is pushing asics slowly to the market , asic per user , so that it take the network out of control of gpu miners to prevent hard forks

2016 GPU Miner
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: