Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 12:59:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD mining DEAD NOW with Bitmain E3  (Read 1827 times)
baikur

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:44:42 PM

Full of shit topic and only noobs commenting. The biggest ROI right now is on the AMD cards. For the price of 1 nvidia 1080ti I can get 3 RX580. Amd cards can mine any algo that the nvidia can.

Only the noobs are using Nvidia because they mine with the default settings. Finely tuned RX580 can outmine Nvidia 1080 anytime.
alikait

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:48:09 PM

Monero will be the way!
2 days for the FORK!

It will be even worse. All of ETH miners will jump in along with those who were already going to mine it. Difficulty will skyrocket.

This thing is not even a ASIC, it like a more compact panda miner but it will have an affect that no other ASIC ever had. It will disrupt the whole gpu mining network.

But I do think for some reasons that GPU miners are big believers and pillars of Ethereum. So most probably devs will change the algo but what good will it do if this is not an ASIC ?

The only soln. will be if Nvidia and/or AMD develops a new gpu which will be very efficient in mining or we need some coins that can challenge the market capital of ETH.

how would it be worse than what it is right now? Difficulty is already high because of ASICS on the network, once they are disabled the hashrate goes down and so does difficulty.  Even all the hashers from ETH wouldn't make a dent compared to the asics that have been killing monero difficulty.  Also lower hashrate on ETH means lower difficulty so the hashrate will be distributed amongst both coins instead of just on ETH.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 04:50:44 PM

Bitmain is pushing asics slowly to the market , asic per user , so that it take the network out of control of gpu miners to prevent hard forks

You mean 5 ASIC/user right ? Smiley

Code:
Dear subscriber,

We have received a very promising response to the Antminer E3 batch.
Thank you for that.

Many of our buyers have been unhappy about the limit of one miner
per user that we had set to prevent hoarding and to allow more individuals
to purchase this limited stock of the Antminer E3.
To allow all individuals to buy more units and,
at the same time, prevent hoarding, we have now increased the limit to five miners per user.

We have also removed the geographical restrictions to allow our international buyers located
in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan to buy the Antminer E3.
Buyers in Mainland China can still not buy this batch.

Click below to learn more or to order now:

https://goo.gl/QFF2wt

Regards,
The Bitmain team

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
gameboy366 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:06:08 PM

Monero will be the way!
2 days for the FORK!

It will be even worse. All of ETH miners will jump in along with those who were already going to mine it. Difficulty will skyrocket.

This thing is not even a ASIC, it like a more compact panda miner but it will have an affect that no other ASIC ever had. It will disrupt the whole gpu mining network.

But I do think for some reasons that GPU miners are big believers and pillars of Ethereum. So most probably devs will change the algo but what good will it do if this is not an ASIC ?

The only soln. will be if Nvidia and/or AMD develops a new gpu which will be very efficient in mining or we need some coins that can challenge the market capital of ETH.

how would it be worse than what it is right now? Difficulty is already high because of ASICS on the network, once they are disabled the hashrate goes down and so does difficulty.  Even all the hashers from ETH wouldn't make a dent compared to the asics that have been killing monero difficulty.  Also lower hashrate on ETH means lower difficulty so the hashrate will be distributed amongst both coins instead of just on ETH.
I was talking about Monero fork's difficulty skyrocketting. As ETH difficulty rises they start moving toward it increasing it's difficulty.
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:17:10 PM

Bitmain is pushing asics slowly to the market , asic per user , so that it take the network out of control of gpu miners to prevent hard forks

You mean 5 ASIC/user right ? Smiley

Code:
Dear subscriber,

We have received a very promising response to the Antminer E3 batch.
Thank you for that.

Many of our buyers have been unhappy about the limit of one miner
per user that we had set to prevent hoarding and to allow more individuals
to purchase this limited stock of the Antminer E3.
To allow all individuals to buy more units and,
at the same time, prevent hoarding, we have now increased the limit to five miners per user.

We have also removed the geographical restrictions to allow our international buyers located
in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan to buy the Antminer E3.
Buyers in Mainland China can still not buy this batch.

Click below to learn more or to order now:

https://goo.gl/QFF2wt

Regards,
The Bitmain team

Cheesy WTF

2016 GPU Miner
hummer113

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 05:24:32 PM

I think Bitmain really long time mined on E3 - Ethash, and now is the time to sell.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:28:24 PM

Remember that E3 is almost the same as RX580 rig. It just costs less but everything else is almost the same (I think E3 will be as loud as a jet taking off though)

steve666

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:34:29 PM

Remember that E3 is almost the same as RX580 rig. It just costs less but everything else is almost the same (I think E3 will be as loud as a jet taking off though)
But who cares about that noise? It doesn't matter, none shut down their rigs because of noise or something...
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:41:16 PM

Do you think that AMD cards will be completely out of the mining game now due to ethash miners ? What is the future of Vega rigs now ?

Is there any possibility that AMD will manufacture a new gpu with mining in mind ?

So ETH (Etrash) is not the only algorithm that can mine AMD cards. There is another ZEC(Equihash). It seems that you have forgotten or do not know the history of mining - and the bitcoin mining, and litecoin mining over time ASIC was forced out of the graphics card. There will be other algorithms that are still resistant to ASICs.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
shehadln

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:44:51 PM

I don't think AMD is dead, especially if XMR paves the way for coins that fork every so often to resist ASIC development. What confuses me about this E3 is that it is not ASIC, but only for Ethash.
crypto4lyf

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:49:04 PM

I though ethash was asic resistant because of DAG... maybe Im wrong
gameboy366 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:57:25 PM

Do you think that AMD cards will be completely out of the mining game now due to ethash miners ? What is the future of Vega rigs now ?

Is there any possibility that AMD will manufacture a new gpu with mining in mind ?

So ETH (Etrash) is not the only algorithm that can mine AMD cards. There is another ZEC(Equihash). It seems that you have forgotten or do not know the history of mining - and the bitcoin mining, and litecoin mining over time ASIC was forced out of the graphics card. There will be other algorithms that are still resistant to ASICs.
The thing is nobody will build brand new AMD rigs. Of course you run your AMD rig and make profit. Again Nvidia cards are better for zec mining. Until AMD makes a new gpu that is especially good for mining, their mining game is over. Like I said I am already seeing price cuts in AMD cards.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:41:24 PM

I though ethash was asic resistant because of DAG... maybe Im wrong
You said it "resistant" not "proof" a lot of coins are indeed ASIC resistant but not proof. If someone has enough money and devotion for ASIC that mines some algorithm, they gonna do it.

m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:29:13 AM

Why are you solo-ing out AMD cards? NVIDIA cards are as much affected as AMD card at this time. Difficulty affects everyone regardless and the bitmain E3 is more efficient than both AMD or NVIDIA. Could you elaborate why AMD cards are dead and NVIDIA are not? As far as i know AMD cards are even more power efficient than NVIDIA cards once modded.
Nvidia cards are affected but not as much as AMD. Affect on Nvidia cards is more like a side-effect but AMD has become the main target due to less algos it can mine and main dependency on ETH.

Those who already have AMD rigs will continue to run them of course but no one is going to build a new AMD rig now but people will still continue to make Nvidia rigs. If you think that they both are equally affected then you can see the price difference in upcoming days b/w AMD and NVdia cards. AMD cards are going to become cheaper, I am already seeing the price cuts happening with AMD.

Sorry but you are wrong. NVIDIA cards are just as affected because ALL GPUs mainly depend on ETH. If ETH mining dies, all other algo/coins will also die because the massive farms will eat up profits on all other coins, regardless if that is an AMD or NVIDIA specific algo. There is no "side-effect" to NVIDIA cards only. Everyone will die. What you can do is post on the ETH github page and petition devs to create a fork that destroys ETH ASICs.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
gameboy366 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:14:19 AM

Why are you solo-ing out AMD cards? NVIDIA cards are as much affected as AMD card at this time. Difficulty affects everyone regardless and the bitmain E3 is more efficient than both AMD or NVIDIA. Could you elaborate why AMD cards are dead and NVIDIA are not? As far as i know AMD cards are even more power efficient than NVIDIA cards once modded.
Nvidia cards are affected but not as much as AMD. Affect on Nvidia cards is more like a side-effect but AMD has become the main target due to less algos it can mine and main dependency on ETH.

Those who already have AMD rigs will continue to run them of course but no one is going to build a new AMD rig now but people will still continue to make Nvidia rigs. If you think that they both are equally affected then you can see the price difference in upcoming days b/w AMD and NVdia cards. AMD cards are going to become cheaper, I am already seeing the price cuts happening with AMD.

Sorry but you are wrong. NVIDIA cards are just as affected because ALL GPUs mainly depend on ETH. If ETH mining dies, all other algo/coins will also die because the massive farms will eat up profits on all other coins, regardless if that is an AMD or NVIDIA specific algo. There is no "side-effect" to NVIDIA cards only. Everyone will die. What you can do is post on the ETH github page and petition devs to create a fork that destroys ETH ASICs.
If this is not an ASIC then what good would it do ? The only hope now is if Nvidia or AMD produce new mining specific gpu or an asic resistant coin which can challenge ethereum's market capital.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:32:52 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1), leowonderful (1)

The E3 is NOT more efficient than a well-tuned GPU rig.

It is AT BEST a tossup with a 6 card RX 570/580/470/480 rig, a hair more hashrate at same to a hair more power.
It is INFERIOR to a well-tuned GTX 1070 6 card rig which will manage about 190 Mhash/sec at 700-750 watts.

My bloody *5* card 1070 rigs are not well tuned (the CPU is usually a FX 8350 soaking up to 95 watts and mining Monero) and still pull 157-158 Mhash at a little under 700 watts.

The E3 will make a slow dent in ETH profitability, but it looks unlikely to make a significant dent before ETH goes Proof of Stake - and THAT is when across-the-board profitability on GPU mineable coins is going to collapse for at least a short while as all of those GPUs go searching for new homes.

Keep in mind that Bitmain would have to sell over 1.5 MILLION of the E3 to match the CURRENT Ethereum hashrate (then add a few hundred thousand MORE for the other ethash coins).
That's NOT going to happen in a few months - even with it's unquestioned "most efficient SHA256 miner in existance" causing the S9 to sell out quickly on each batch, Bitmain hasn't managed to sell THAT MANY of the S9 in the almost *2 YEARS* since it first went on sale (they probably HAVE managed to sell close to *A* Million of the S9, perhaps a little over).

With that said, can we shut this thread down and move this over to the MAIN E3 discussion thread, we don't need a half dozen threads on the SAME subject.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3249542.0

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
brampower

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:12:24 AM

Bitmain is coming up with these ASIC miners time and again and ordering these machines is another hurdle as they are not able to fulfill these orders in a long time, technology giants like Intel and others have started working on bringing new mining machines too, but it looks like it is difficult to break the monopoly created by bitmain as they are evolving with new machines .
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:24:13 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Bitmain is coming up with these ASIC miners time and again and ordering these machines is another hurdle as they are not able to fulfill these orders in a long time, technology giants like Intel and others have started working on bringing new mining machines too, but it looks like it is difficult to break the monopoly created by bitmain as they are evolving with new machines .
Intel shows no signs of actually creating a miner by themselves besides their patent application that supposedly increases the efficiency of SHA256 miners (more information here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3225360.0). What you've posted is absolutely false in that regard.

According to this Reddit post here (https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/8aa64j/eth_core_devs_have_decided_not_to_emergency_hard/), it seems ETH will not fork in response to the new E3. Seems reasonable enough to me considering the efficiency and hashrate of these miners. I guess we won't be seeing a fork until an entity poses a threat in the form of a 51% attack as outlined in the post.
chomcv

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:35:08 AM

is rite,E3 is that it is not ASIC
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:35:51 AM

The E3 is NOT more efficient than a well-tuned GPU rig.

It is AT BEST a tossup with a 6 card RX 570/580/470/480 rig, a hair more hashrate at same to a hair more power.
It is INFERIOR to a well-tuned GTX 1070 6 card rig which will manage about 190 Mhash/sec at 700-750 watts.

My bloody *5* card 1070 rigs are not well tuned (the CPU is usually a FX 8350 soaking up to 95 watts and mining Monero) and still pull 157-158 Mhash at a little under 700 watts.

The E3 will make a slow dent in ETH profitability, but it looks unlikely to make a significant dent before ETH goes Proof of Stake - and THAT is when across-the-board profitability on GPU mineable coins is going to collapse for at least a short while as all of those GPUs go searching for new homes.

Keep in mind that Bitmain would have to sell over 1.5 MILLION of the E3 to match the CURRENT Ethereum hashrate (then add a few hundred thousand MORE for the other ethash coins).
That's NOT going to happen in a few months - even with it's unquestioned "most efficient SHA256 miner in existance" causing the S9 to sell out quickly on each batch, Bitmain hasn't managed to sell THAT MANY of the S9 in the almost *2 YEARS* since it first went on sale (they probably HAVE managed to sell close to *A* Million of the S9, perhaps a little over).

With that said, can we shut this thread down and move this over to the MAIN E3 discussion thread, we don't need a half dozen threads on the SAME subject.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3249542.0

I dont know why this is so hard to understand, we now know with 100 percent certainty from the monero fisaco that bitmain only sells miners to the public AFTER they are either gona be forked to uslessness or are not as profitable as they were when they privately mined with them for six to 7 months

The E3 specs is not the issue here the E3 is OLD OLD OLD get that? if they are selling these dusty soon to be cleaned and repasted pos to the masses , they either fear a fork (doubtful, eth devs have thier heads up thier asses conceraning ming.... they always have) or they are clearing space in thier datorhalla for thier new more powerful miners aka F3 .

thats the issue here not the specs on this on year old pos e3 they are dumping on you idiots
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: