Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:39:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet wants access to browsing history? WHY?  (Read 114 times)
fenican (OP)

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:42:18 PM

Noticed that Chrome disabled MyEtherWallet extension because it now needs permission to see browsing history. That seems like a HUGE security hole for a crypto, since, among other things they could potentially log who you are and what acccounts you use online. Was this inadvertent by the devs or will the wallet now require it? Seems to render it useless.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ekwipt

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:38:16 AM

personally I've deleted it
Longfellow27

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:47:51 AM

I have created a wallet from MEW but I didn't use their extension. Could it be possible that someone was able to hack their system such that the real MEW extension was relaced with something that carries the prigram for hacking. If it is then it should be reported because it could potentially hack accounts. MEW wallet had been subject for most of the hacking and pishing. Maybe you can help about it by letting them know about it.
so_stupid

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:42:35 PM

well, rightly that turned off the extension. google chrome can be easily hacked. Using embedded programs is too risky. (metamasca probably one more or less good)

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:48:49 PM

I never use those plugins, metamask is ok but never used anything else. The web version of myethetwallet is good enough, just ensure you bookmark the correct page to reduce scam attacks
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:53:45 PM

I installed a MyCrypto wallet on my computer and I like it very much, because I do not think about what site I go to, do not look at its correctness. I advise everyone, a very convenient thing.
Security in the crypto world is not very good and each of us can lose everything from the look of his purse. Be careful!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: