Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:34:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you sell your GPU now?  (Read 67 times)
Coffee135 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:48:19 PM

News that Batman creates asic for the extraction of Ethereum has received real confirmation. https://shop.bitmain.com/product/detail?pid=00020180403174908564M8dMJKtz06B7&utm_source=mass%20email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=e3-announcement . I doubt that this can significantly affect the profitability of mining, but can significantly reduce the price of GPU RX series.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:50:24 PM

Typo in Batman is funny Smiley
No, they still mine, only if I would get a great offer for them Smiley .

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:08:11 PM

News that Batman creates asic for the extraction of Ethereum has received real confirmation. https://shop.bitmain.com/product/detail?pid=00020180403174908564M8dMJKtz06B7&utm_source=mass%20email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=e3-announcement . I doubt that this can significantly affect the profitability of mining, but can significantly reduce the price of GPU RX series.

I like the .. Batman AISCS Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nope, I will not sell my GPU ring for few reasons:

1. There are other coins to mine. It's not only ETH

2. They have residual value while ASICs don't.

3. One ETH fork for algo change or switching to POS and buy buy ASICs.

tonyosa

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 01:15:12 PM

I saw this also and the price was quite reasonable.800 usd for a 180mhs Ethash miner,that is a very competitive.It may affect mining as bitmain is known to produce large quantities and easy-to-use hard wares, driving difficulty up,not necessarily because  of efficiency but from numbers.I will not sell my GPUs no matter what happens.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:25:46 PM

wow this is really strange because ETH is one of the most unstable coins out there! and i am not just talking about its price, the pump and dumps are the obvious downside but the problem is with the development which can easily change things without any clear roadmap.
for example they have been planning to kill PoW and switch to PoS for a very long time, probably from the start and it still has not happened. in fact this was one of the reasons why there has been no ASICs for ETH so far despite a big market for it.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:35:26 PM

well yeah, GPUs will disappear from the Ethereum mining very soon. I'm wondering if you can remain profitable with other coins though, I guess you don't need to sell you GPU straight away, just point it elsewhere.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
Osiris0

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:43:58 PM

This are the good news, GPU companies are just too greedy. I think the reasonable price for top gaming GPU is 400-500$ (1080 TI).
Puroc

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:52:13 PM

Well selling your GPU while buying a new unit for mining is another loss, so while purchasing new unit from Bitman as it has the ASICS chips, I guess its wise also to keep your old GPU while having the new unit, use it on mining until it lasts.
jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:01:52 AM

You can also mining other crypto currencies, not necessarily an ethereum, so it makes no sense to sell the equipment while it makes a profit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: