Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:14:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe exchange login?  (Read 474 times)
xxnewbiecoinerxx (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:51:19 PM

So far i have learned how to make a safe paper wallet with bootable Ubuntu. What i understand is that exchanges are very vulnerable to hacking. I have chosen Bitstamp for exchange (hope i get verified soon). I was wondering if is it safe to use that bootable os for exchange too?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xxnewbiecoinerxx (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:52:33 AM

bump
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:17:10 AM

So far i have learned how to make a safe paper wallet with bootable Ubuntu. What i understand is that exchanges are very vulnerable to hacking. I have chosen Bitstamp for exchange (hope i get verified soon). I was wondering if is it safe to use that bootable os for exchange too?

This is a server-side issue, not a client-side one. Bootable Ubuntu only helps you avoid someone stole your access; can't make the site better.

To minimize risk just keep your money there for the shortest time possibile.

xxnewbiecoinerxx (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:11:00 PM

This is a server-side issue, not a client-side one. Bootable Ubuntu only helps you avoid someone stole your access; can't make the site better.

To minimize risk just keep your money there for the shortest time possibile.

I think the threats come from both sides. There are numerous threads about keeping pc safe. The thing is i use pirated windows which is a big threat by itself. I was wondering if using bootable os eliminates threats from my side? Or is it necessary to use "clean" pc with good internet security?
MineNerd

Activity: 115

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:22:33 PM

Only leave funds on the exchange that you plan on using to trade, keep everything else in your wallet. Never use the same password anywhere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: