Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:13:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin distribution vs Bitcoin adoption  (Read 3977 times)
HenryRomp

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Separation of currency and state.

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 03:47:27 AM

Can you really beleive they will say "ok, 60% of the coins are already gone, but I'll be happy with 0.6x0.01"

This is so foolish. It's not "60% of the coins are already gone" it's "60% of the coins have already been mined."

It's like saying you shouldn't buy gold because most of the gold has already been mined--it's just false. Maybe you shouldn't go pan for gold if the river has already been panned out, but that doesn't have anything to do with whether you should buy gold or not.

Same with coins. How many have been mined or haven't doesn't influence whether or not you should buy them, only whether or not you should try to mine them. And mining's not the point, it's the means to an end--it's just to get the coins into existence, from there on out they can get distributed by other mechanisms like commerce and speculative trading.

Bitcoins need to be distributed somehow and it comes with a lot of risk for the early adopers just like all new technologies. High risk / High reward. I don't see any problem with this. Tons of people are still not ready to jump in the bitcoin bandwagon just because they don't want to take any risk and are simply waiting for the system to proves that it works in the long run. Low risk / low return. It's a choice that anybody is free to take.

Absolutely correct.

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
https://churchofbitcoin.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:52:00 PM

If someone owns 10 000 BTC (for example) then it means he (or she) contributed to the bitcoin community (by adoption/distribution/popularization/providing liquidity/etc.) and his contribution value is higher than 10 000 BTC (or at least equal). If Bitcoin is adopted worldwide it will be such a great service to the humanity that I am ok with few multibilionaries rewarded for this for their vision and will to risk in the right time.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: