Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:11:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Problem with Ubuntu 11 autostart, please help me out here...  (Read 1319 times)
brunoshady (OP)

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

Dubs Get

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 03:45:31 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2011, 09:15:32 PM by brunoshady

I have 5 scripts that need to be executed on the system boot.

start.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
sleep 20
gnome-terminal --title gpu.overclock --command "sh /home/corelinux1/gpu.overclock.sh"
gnome-terminal --title gpu0.miner --geometry=+0+0 --command "sh /home/corelinux1/gpu0.miner.sh"
gnome-terminal --title gpu1.miner --geometry=-0+0 --command "sh /home/corelinux1/gpu1.miner.sh"
gnome-terminal --title gpu0.fan --geometry=+0-0 --command "sh /home/corelinux1/gpu0.fan.sh"
gnome-terminal --title gpu1.fan --geometry=-0-0 --command "sh /home/corelinux1/gpu1.fan.sh"

so this start.sh, when executed from the terminal, as "sh /home/corelinux1/start.sh", everything goes fine, all 5 scripts are executed, the miners starts fine, the fans to, etc etc, except to the fact that the terminal where I executed didn't close itself (I want that)

so I added the command "sh /home/corelinux1/start.sh" at the Startup Applications on System Settings (Ubuntu 11), but when the system goes up, every command from the script (execute the others scripts) is executed only if the previous script is closed, AND the miner scripts gives errors of pypopencl include (don't know why)...

the gpu.overclock.sh is executed, and then, the gpu0.miner.sh is only executed when the gpu.overlock.sh closes itself.. so the gpu0.miner.sh is executed and gives the include error, so, it closes itself too, making the gpu1.miner.sh execute and giving the same error... then when it closes, the gpu0.fan.sh is executed, but it don't give any errors, so it stays running and the gpu1.fan.sh is not executed at all, or only if I close the gpu0.fan terminal...

what a fuck should I do? this is making me crazy!!!

and sorry if it couldn't be more specific, but please help me out here...

ps:
oh, and I did another script called autostart.sh, with "sh /home/corelinux1/start.sh" on it, and replaced with the start.sh command on the Startup Applications, but it happens the same thing...

😆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nomnomnom

Activity: 313

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 11:15:25 PM

You could try to add a & at the end of the commands, that makes it start
in the background, seems to do the trick on my ubuntu netbook Smiley

So
Code:
gnome-terminal --title gpu.overclock --command "sh /home/corelinux1/gpu.overclock.sh"

becomes

Code:
gnome-terminal --title gpu.overclock --command "sh /home/corelinux1/gpu.overclock.sh" &

and so on.
brunoshady (OP)

Dubs Get

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 11:57:53 PM

after the " ? or before?

before didn't worked

😆
brunoshady (OP)

Dubs Get

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 08:02:56 PM

wow, it worked... thanks man,...

bur now I have the following error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./poclbm.py", line 3, in <module>
    from BitcoinMiner import *
  File "/home/corelinux1/poclbm/BitcoinMiner.py", line 11, in <module>
    import pyopencl as cl
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyopencl-0.92-py2.7-linux-i686.egg/pyopencl/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    import pyopencl._cl as _cl
ImportError: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

poclbm always gives this error if not executed by the terminal (open terminal, enter the folder, execute file)

😆
brunoshady (OP)

Dubs Get

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 09:15:19 PM

nvm, solved =p

😆
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: