Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:29:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CTR SCAM COIN  (Read 256 times)
yommey (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:51:00 PM

So,  this news flying around CTR token and its founder being accused of fraud,  what really went wrong because the coin was doing so well early this year.  If this can happen to CTR,  what effect can this have on people's opinion about making long term investment?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
karel88l

Activity: 313

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:56:10 PM

And it was listed on Binance who will be next Verge ? Tron ?
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:01:34 PM

So,  this news flying around CTR token and its founder being accused of fraud,  what really went wrong because the coin was doing so well early this year.  If this can happen to CTR,  what effect can this have on people's opinion about making long term investment?

It won't change a thing, I can tell you that and I can even bet my money on my words I say here. Why?? Do you know how many scam ICOs were there in the past running with few million dollar worth cryptocurrency in their pockets? Some of these bad people were ought but some simply walked away with it, people will never learn. They want fast money, fast game and this is where they screw themselves. You can try to educate them, but question is how many of them will truly listen to you at the end of the day.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:02:56 PM

You open a konimarketkap and see, there are 1600 tokens and coins there, and you think each of them is needed and in demand? I think that about 95 percent is an absolute rubbish, which will disappear in the next 1-2 years. Center from the very beginning caused a lot of questions, but when the course of the etherium grew several times people did not care where to carry their money. Here is the result. In the future, think and read when you want someone to give their money!
tingcq9

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:05:24 PM

Feeling a bit like the time of Mentougou, when a super exchange closed down, the project was very well-publicized. A lot of people were involved, and the price was much higher after ico. I did not expect that so many exchanges did not find any problems. The result was still The U.S. government discovered
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:06:58 PM

Crypto assets or markets are highly speculative. The coin can be doing very well simply due to hype but has no fundamentals to support it. There are too many people putting money in crypto hoping to become millionaire overnight.
Ultimately the price cannot be justified anymore when it is simply a scam or fraud.

siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 04:21:52 PM

Yes, this coin is now a shit coin and project is a confirmed scam. SEC has busted this fraud and its co-founders have been officially charged with violating anti-fraud and registration provisions of federal securities laws. Investors might get their money back, if both of these co-founders are proven guilty. This project was sponsored by American boxer Floyd Mayweather and was able to gather a whopping $32 million.

Projects like these tell us that how naive we (crypto people in general) as investors are. Just because a celebrity endorsed a project and words like Visa and Mastercard were used, people invested their money. No one even bothered to confirm with Visa and Mastercard whether they are really partnering with Centra or not. Maybe some were smart enough to recognize this as a scam, but still invested in anticipation of big pumps.

Govts. might never be able to control or ban cryptocurrecies, but things like pump & dump, general greed and naivety of majority of crypto citizens do pose a serious threat to the progress of crypto world.

|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:25:34 PM

Thats why you only invest in coins with a working product and a dev team who has development work to show. With the amount of people investing money into shitcoins just based on the hype is crazy. What they don't realize is that this hype is false and created by shills who are paid for by the devs.
karel88l

Activity: 313

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:27:58 PM

Every coin promoted by "celebrities" is potential shitcoin and scam Grin Grin Grin
tylerik1

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:29:28 PM

that was a really crazy candle after the news said that the team has been arested by SEC... It is a real doom candle and I think a lot of people are really fucked up about the project and the team..

n3r0srome

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:32:51 PM
Merited by siddartha1492 (2)

Yes, this coin is now a shit coin and project is a confirmed scam. SEC has busted this fraud and its co-founders have been officially charged with violating anti-fraud and registration provisions of federal securities laws. Investors might get their money back, if both of these co-founders are proven guilty. This project was sponsored by American boxer Floyd Mayweather and was able to gather a whopping $32 million.

Projects like these tell us that how naive we (crypto people in general) as investors are. Just because a celebrity endorsed a project and words like Visa and Mastercard were used, people invested their money. No one even bothered to confirm with Visa and Mastercard whether they are really partnering with Centra or not. Maybe some were smart enough to recognize this as a scam, but still invested in anticipation of big pumps.

Govts. might never be able to control or ban cryptocurrecies, but things like pump & dump, general greed and naivety of majority of crypto citizens do pose a serious threat to the progress of crypto world.

Very well said. Thank you for the heads up on the scam. Anything that is endorsed by big celebrities I am always wary of. While I am sad for the people who lost money, the damage it does to the overall crypto space is really the worst part. The more people that are scammed, the slower the space will progress as a whole. This is why I welcome regulations to the space, we need to weed out the bad apples. The more regulations there are, the more the casual investor will feel safe to invest, and rightly so.
Walexizi

Activity: 200
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:34:44 PM

ctr is a scam since the begining of the project i have been reading strange news about it that i even pool oust as an investor when i cant cope with it again,but this SEC issue now make the thing more worst for them,let hope SEC show them some mercy so that they face the project and all there investor can have something to laugh of.
Cryptowhynot

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:35:11 PM

Thats why you only invest in coins with a working product and a dev team who has development work to show. With the amount of people investing money into shitcoins just based on the hype is crazy. What they don't realize is that this hype is false and created by shills who are paid for by the devs.
Working product is key without question. I've seen tokens with average looking teams do well.
Everglow

Activity: 287
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:36:52 PM

Every coin promoted by "celebrities" is potential shitcoin Grin Grin Grin
Maybe you mention McAfee lol  Grin It's not exactly for all, but i can see on some projects which focus in marketing are really shitcoin  Cheesy
RomanPetrush

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:47:49 PM

I'm glad that i sold CTR in January when it was about 2 USD, only because i heard that Centra has some issues with bank cards, so they haven't real opportunity to issue cards, i thought that this company is a scam.

yommey (OP)

Activity: 97

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:48:41 PM

Yes I like your point.  Does that mean that we need regulation to a little extent in the crypto space?
TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:51:39 PM

Currently the problem of fraud occurs very low price to $ 0.06 and currently the price has returned $ 0.17 and the rate is up 72% actually what happens if the coins are really fraud, despite confirmation that the owner has cheated but if their team is not guilty, will the project continue to run by replacing the Project owner?
Prohodimec

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:52:54 PM

Oh... I remember this coins. I didn't get any coins for signature campaign there. They've scammed a lot of bounty participants. So no wonder why it is real scam.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
pvtuan34897

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:52:54 PM

I'm glad that i sold CTR in January when it was about 2 USD, only because i heard that Centra has some issues with bank cards, so they haven't real opportunity to issue cards, i thought that this company is a scam.

Is it a scam now?

Alot of projects are scam. People just want to create a project and collect money from ICO
platinov_and

Activity: 364
Merit: 110

SPOKKZ

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:53:12 PM

Every coin promoted by "celebrities" is potential shitcoin and scam Grin Grin Grin
This is true, all the coins that advertised the celebrities sooner or later collapsed. I saw Floyd Mayweather advertise this coin and I was very surprised when I saw how much the coin grew in price, and yesterday when I read the news I realized that you can not trust the celebrities!

────────  SPOKKZ  ────────  
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── Join Pre-Sale
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: