Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:15:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: i read news from indonesia  (Read 554 times)
fatirborju

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:16:01 PM

The Indonesian government simply does not authorize payments in digital currencies but the Indonesian government does not prohibit investing and does not prohibit its citizens from participating in bounty campaigns.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:20:47 PM

until when will Indonesia be like this?... his government has not given the maximum permission to use bitcoin, whereas, bitcoin has given a new color for the people of Indonesia. bitcoin has changed the economy of Indonesian society.

i read news from indonesia :

Bank Indonesia (BI) reiterated that investments in digital currency or cryptocurrency are very risky. Therefore, BI advises people to avoid investing in this type of digital currency.
Agus Martowardojo, Governor of BI noted, there are currently as many as 1300 types of digital currencies circulating in the world.
The prohibition of this digital currency because it has an unclear underlying and from the side of consumer protection is still very low.
Moreover, according to BI, this digital currency can be misused as a means of money laundering and terrorism.

Same statement since 2 years ago from BI. We can not blame the government because it is still hindered by the regulations applied by the Indonesian government relating to currency. I am still grateful because the government does not ban but only suggest that we are still free to access bitcoin.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:25:48 PM

until when will Indonesia be like this?... his government has not given the maximum permission to use bitcoin, whereas, bitcoin has given a new color for the people of Indonesia. bitcoin has changed the economy of Indonesian society.

Bank Indonesia (BI) reiterated that investments in digital currency or cryptocurrency are very risky.

Cryptos are very risky. They're just trying to protect their citizens which isn't surprising seeing as a lot of people seem to think cryptocurrencies are a magical money making machine where you can't lose (protip: you can).
freetokens

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:37:59 PM

Indonesia banks has banned bitcoin by seeing the money has been used in different ways to fund to others in illegal way like  laundering and terrorist funds .Banks will legalize in due course of time.
jmiro1

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:00:28 PM

Bank Indonesia is just saying that. They are making a statement, they are trying to make people aware of Cryptocurrency world. They are not banning anything. Clearly they are afraid of this Crypto world and they are doing the best they can do. What they are saying is true is a way but not what they are trying to prove is true. Yes, we all would agree that the crypto market is very unstable. But that doesn't mean that we should avoid getting in touch with it. I think our participation can make these currencies more stable.
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:00:56 PM

Bank Indonesia (BI) reiterated that investments in digital currency or cryptocurrency are very risky. Therefore, BI advises people to avoid investing in this type of digital currency.
Agus Martowardojo, Governor of BI noted, there are currently as many as 1300 types of digital currencies circulating in the world.
The prohibition of this digital currency because it has an unclear underlying and from the side of consumer protection is still very low.
Moreover, according to BI, this digital currency can be misused as a means of money laundering and terrorism.

No, no, you misunderstood. It’s not because the Indonesian government is afraid of its volatility but because the only currency that can be used by the community is Rupiah, even the USD is banned and this has been regulated by the Law means if Bitcoin allowed then it will violate the law.
FiguerFixZ

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:06:16 PM

It is true that the Indonesian government has not yet decided or given permission to legalize bitcoin as an investment or payment, but the government also does not want if the Indonesian currency falls, but recently there has been good news about the future of bitcoin in Indonesia, if you want to know your latest news can open the Oscar twitter, on the last day they were talking about the problem of blockchain.

Here's a photo of them: https://s9.postimg.org/5zi4pjc7z/Screenshot_45.png

Your information is very beneficial
Kray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:11:11 PM

No offense guys but I have a question: what's all this Indoensia talk? I mean everyone asks about their own country but there are a lot of topics about Indonesia all the time. What's that about?
Because they are Indonesian and they’re out of ideas to start a new thread so they take advantage of it, that actually many topics can be discussed.
MLBBPLG

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:30:31 PM

indeed until now in Indonesia still has not neglected sale and purchase of bitcoin currency type digital. However, the Indonesian Bank has eaten a portion of the tax on the Market Sale and Purchase of other bitcoin and coin assets. I think bitcoin in Indonesia is still neutral (between prohibited or not) because there is no law or regulation from the Indonesian government
Domanity

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:08:01 PM

It is true that Indonesia has not received Bitcoin as a legitimate payment instrument, but the Indonesian government has not forbidden its people to play Bitcoin. And it is true that the person above me says, if the state of Indonesia is neutral towards Bitcoin. this can be seen from the G20 meeting a few months ago, that Indonesia has declared a neutral attitude towards Bitcoin. and In Indonesia who pay the tax cryptocurrency is only an exchange that exists in Indonesia only, and for people who have Bitcoin in Indonesia, it is Free of government tax.
Taronet-division

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:25:06 PM

Goverment support or not for crptocurrency for me doen not matter because I think I still here and grow it. Just waiting for the next step of the goverment.
LadyCoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:07:11 PM

yes this is true, legality in Indonesia has not got it, until now Bitcoin can only be used for investment and can not transaction or buy goods. yes hopefully the future bitcoin can be accepted by the Indonesian government, because really you say Bitcoin has given a new color for Indonesian citizens like me now, I can change my life specifically in terms of finance.
liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:11:39 PM

The government in Indonesia might be just cautious of the negative implications of cryptocurrency in their  nation. Like any other nations they dont want this platform be of advange to the criminals and other illegalities. But for sure they are also seing the great potential of this industry to the financial development of their country. So rest assured there will be a good development on the cryptocurrency at this area.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:15:40 PM

I'm Indonesian, my government just tell us to avoid investing in cryptocurrency because is risky and don't use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a payment option in our country because of only Rupiah that legal here. You can still invest or buy and sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Indonesia but you should ready to take the risk...  Smiley
Mihail.B

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:36:12 PM

Indonesian projects I was very impressed, one PundyX worth. In terms of crypto-currencies and the introduction of blockchain technologies in everyday life, they are well done, honestly I did not expect from Indonesia.
washing.machine

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:56:35 PM

For me personally as a native Indonesian citizen, the government to legalize whether or not Bitcoin here is not a problem. Most importantly for now and for the future, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are not forbidden in circulation and Bitcoin can be turned into a fiat currency.
SkynetInvasion

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:47:32 PM

i also am up to date but some bad news are coming
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:08:42 PM

This issue is always present,  wherein banks will speak against cryptocurrency and will say that it is very risky, this news is always FUDs, we should consider that banks will become obsolete once majority of the global population accepted cryptocurrency, and it is funny whenever they say there are a lot of cryptocurrencies and it can be used for scams, terrorisms and the like, wherein they do not considered therr are also a lot of bank notes (fiat money) being used accross the globe for the same purpose, we should not be discouraged by news like this, since the ones in power will always promote what is best for them and not for all, they are just in that position that they can influence a lot of people, but in reality they are doing what is good for business.
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:11:57 PM

Suggestions of state governments are only concerned with their citizens and their investments. Indeed this is normal because many things happen in the crypto space today when investment comes. Cool
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:30:51 PM

The Indonesian government only prohibits any kind of payment using bitcoin because the legal currency is used only Rupiah. However, the people of the country should be grateful because the government does not completely ban the use of bitcoins.

yes the Indonesian government does not take any action regarding bitcoin
they only prohibit transactions using bitcoin

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: