Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:36:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: i read news from indonesia  (Read 554 times)
galaxing (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:29:22 PM

until when will Indonesia be like this?... his government has not given the maximum permission to use bitcoin, whereas, bitcoin has given a new color for the people of Indonesia. bitcoin has changed the economy of Indonesian society.

i read news from indonesia :

Bank Indonesia (BI) reiterated that investments in digital currency or cryptocurrency are very risky. Therefore, BI advises people to avoid investing in this type of digital currency.
Agus Martowardojo, Governor of BI noted, there are currently as many as 1300 types of digital currencies circulating in the world.
The prohibition of this digital currency because it has an unclear underlying and from the side of consumer protection is still very low.
Moreover, according to BI, this digital currency can be misused as a means of money laundering and terrorism.
Ris88

Activity: 2110
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:54:55 PM

until when will Indonesia be like this?... his government has not given the maximum permission to use bitcoin, whereas, bitcoin has given a new color for the people of Indonesia. bitcoin has changed the economy of Indonesian society.

Bank Indonesia (BI) reiterated that investments in digital currency or cryptocurrency are very risky. Therefore, BI advises people to avoid investing in this type of digital currency.
Agus Martowardojo, Governor of BI noted, there are currently as many as 1300 types of digital currencies circulating in the world.
The prohibition of this digital currency because it has an unclear underlying and from the side of consumer protection is still very low.
Moreover, according to BI, this digital currency can be misused as a means of money laundering and terrorism.

It is true that the Indonesian government has not yet decided or given permission to legalize bitcoin as an investment or payment, but the government also does not want if the Indonesian currency falls, but recently there has been good news about the future of bitcoin in Indonesia, if you want to know your latest news can open the Oscar twitter, on the last day they were talking about the problem of blockchain.

Here's a photo of them: https://s9.postimg.org/5zi4pjc7z/Screenshot_45.png
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:03:24 PM

The Indonesian government only prohibits any kind of payment using bitcoin because the legal currency is used only Rupiah. However, the people of the country should be grateful because the government does not completely ban the use of bitcoins.
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:03:38 PM

We cannot blame the Indonesian government to accept Bitcoin because as we all know, Bitcoin or cryptocurrency market really are very risky. The Philippines also have the same issue, They the government here doesn't encourage people to invest in any cryptocurrency because of the volatile of its price. But of course, it really depends on the people if they will really invest or not.

They just saying this for people to know the risk they are about to encounter if they join the cryptocurrency.

I really think this is just normal for the government to warn their people.
mafitjulit

Activity: 64
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:05:23 PM

I read the news on one cool site, they put out in my language all the news that is in the world of crypto currency and then you can immediately decide where the course will go if you understand the basics of trade
kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:25:39 PM

we must realize that the government of Indonesia or BI currently not really understand the technology blockchain and bitcoin so naturally they say such things. even once when the CEO of indodax in the meeting with the BI in a television show, and in the event the CEO of indodax has explained a lot about the BTC, and that is not enough to convince them.
so I think Indonesia will legalize BTC when the government or BI plunge in bitcoin directly, because that's the only way that can give a detailed understanding on the parties.
salamyman

Activity: 584
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:29:50 PM

No offense guys but I have a question: what's all this Indoensia talk? I mean everyone asks about their own country but there are a lot of topics about Indonesia all the time. What's that about?
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:46:43 PM

The government of Indonesia should really give their citizen a break. What will they have them do? Since they can't provide for their every need and the people find shelter with cryptos, the least they can do is to encourage them to invest. Take a look at Zimbabwe, most citizens are able to live a good life all because of cryptos. If Indonesia really want to ban cryptos, they should first provide for their people!.
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:31:56 PM

Yes, the digital currency can be misused but that shouldn't be an excuse for preventing them from investing in crypto. Even the popular fiat are also misused too cause some people are good at seizing every opportunity they have in making illegal money. If their government really want to encourage cryptos but are really concern about misusing it, then they should try regulating it instead of banning it.
Chaki

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:53:55 PM

Maximum permission is allowing Bitcoin to penetrate also your government payment system including contributions and all, you are likely forcing your government to fully accept BTC and the first place, ALLOWING you to enjoy BTC is a big win for everyone, consider also that government has their own reason especially when it comes to security, laws approval and amendments.

█▄█▄█  ⚷ ROCATI ⚷ █▄█▄█
First Cryptocurrency Linked to a Tangible Asset: Real Estate Properties
https://www.rocati.net/
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:13:42 PM

The Indonesian government only prohibits any kind of payment using bitcoin because the legal currency is used only Rupiah. However, the people of the country should be grateful because the government does not completely ban the use of bitcoins.

Oh yes, they should be grateful because the mighty power that decides what is good and what is bad for them has allowed them to keep cryptocurrencies instead of banning them. Cheesy The government isn't there to decide what people can buy for their money, it's their freedom and their right and the power belongs to them. If they really wanted to be able to use cryptocurrencies, they would, and nobody would be able to stop them.
They shouldn't act like sheep that are being pushed around. The law is giving them enough power to sign petitions, protest in the streets, and take matters in their own hands.
I can understand that a government can refuse to accept cryptocurrencies as the legal tender, but it has no right to stop people from buying them if they choose to.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Thymoty

Activity: 372

CPLAY Network

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:19:30 PM

I'm not too surprised because the reason that issued by the Indonesian government is the same reason mentioned by countries that reject Bitcoin and cryptocurrency as a means of payment,
just respect the reason they say...

▀■ ■ ▀▄      ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄██      ► C P L A Y - IDO       ██▄ ▄ ▀ ▀▀      ▄▀ ■ ■▀
ONE ECOSYSTEM FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO NEEDS
|        App Store        |           Wallet           |        Adstation        |        2FA Shield        |
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:31:19 PM

the government of the country are just concerned about their citizen and their investment, this is normal, so many things are happening in the crypto space when it comes investment. advice is welcome in as much as it is positive.
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:43:09 PM

No offense guys but I have a question: what's all this Indoensia talk? I mean everyone asks about their own country but there are a lot of topics about Indonesia all the time. What's that about?
Nothing special about it, probably just same topic.

Yes, you cant use bitcoin for buy stuff or something in indonesia but you can invest in bitcoin. Its still legal to have bitcoin but if you want to buy stuff you need to convert it to IDR. Tho, some online store still use bitcoin as their payment.

FYI, the lastest news from indonesia is Oscar Darmawan (Founder and CEO Indodax A.K.A VIP Bitcoin.co.id) just had a meeting with president's staff to discuss about blockchain and president's staff give a good respon, he post it on his facebook .

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:56:42 PM

Well I think governments help people through what they say because investing in cryptocurrencies really is very risky and you can lose a lot of money if you dont know what you are doing. No country can really restrict people from using cryptocurrencies because they would have to close all the network's. They can restrict people from using cryptocurrencies for shops in their country but thats still not going to stop people using them. Also it is pretty hard to make bitcoin an illegal thing since you cannot catch someone who has transferred bitcoin in your country. People are going to sell bitcoin for cash,not online so that at the end bitcoin will progress even more.
defriadi

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:12:53 AM

it is true what you have said, in Indonesia today has not legalized bitcoin for its reason as you said before. but many Indonesians who invest in dibitcoin, and I think it does not matter to them investors and bitcoin hunters. because at the moment we can exchange bitcoin with currency (rupiah). and I think if bitcoin is legalized in Indonesia, it will make investors and bitcoin hunters feel will be complicated. because it will be taxed by the government and I'm sure big value. then the bitcoin value we have will be taken partly on the grounds for the state tax.
alroys

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:23:34 AM

Yes, you say that Bank Indonesia can not fully accept Bitcoin. however, the Indonesian government also did not forbid its people to play Bitcoin. I am Indonesian, and here Indonesians are also free to play Bitcoin. At the G20 summit yesterday, Indonesia was neutral with Bitcoin.
S4roZa

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:20:51 AM

Because bitcoin entry into Indonesia is not allowed by the government, but bitcoin in Indonesia can make the economy slightly different for people who know about bitcoin.Padahal kalo government can legalize digital money like bitcoin greatly help reduce unemployment country itself. , because the risk of profit and loss is their responsibility.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:23:47 AM

Yeah, Indonesia is just reminding its people to be more careful on investing with cryptocurrency because its really risky. I know this kind of statement is just temporary because later on Indonesia will surely make bitcoin legal and more people can now use bitcoin without worrying about the government though taxes will be there for sure.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:56:17 AM

there will be a time that the government will accept crypto.. they can try to regulate it but they will never do it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: