Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:31:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Drop scam token  (Read 78 times)
jjmaas (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:58:20 PM

Hi,

I received scam token and I want to get rid of it from my wallet, do you know how to do that ? Is it safe to keep scam token on a wallet ?

Regards,
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:05:58 PM

Lol... When you know a token is scam, why do you want to go about trading it? On a lighter mood. How did you get the scam token?
I could remember getting some scam tokens through airdrop sometimes ago. That was when i was still into airdrop and was a fan to airdrop. The token was XMRG, which traded on CE and some other exchanges. None knew it was scam token, until the unforeseen happened. Had it been i knew it was scam token from the start, i would not have wasted my gas in transferring it and i would not have wasted my time over it on any exchange. It was a lesson though.
r95222

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:06:59 PM

Hi,

I received scam token and I want to get rid of it from my wallet, do you know how to do that ? Is it safe to keep scam token on a wallet ?

Regards,

Nothing afraid. Let it keep on your wallet. Token don't have any code or procedures. It's mark only. Nothing more. I have some tokens that belong to dead projects. Now I will spend gas only if I will want to destroy it
JanCoppens

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:09:02 PM

Ofcourse it's safe, what do you think will happen? Try to sell it, for what it's worth. No harm involved.
jjmaas (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:12:06 PM

Thank you for your answers I received it in a airdrop and it is a copy of real token that's why I know it is a scam token. So I will keep it hoping to sell it one day.
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:18:16 PM

Thank you for your answers I received it in a airdrop and it is a copy of real token that's why I know it is a scam token. So I will keep it hoping to sell it one day.

Open one of bounties spreadsheets and check some of Ethereum addresses. In many of the addresses you will find many tokens with no value that are not traded in any exchanges.
Sadly there are many scams airdrops and bounties. Tokens are distributed. But after that there is no development on the project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: