Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:44:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "analysis" of an 8 week Bounty campaign - Opinions welcome!  (Read 125 times)
Hellmouth42 (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 345

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:45:48 AM

Sorry in advance for the novel, probably a little indigestible... Grin

Like a whole bunch of rookies recently landed, I valiantly break down every open door that presents itself to me!
I have thus built up a small investment portfolio in "ooooh look at! what a pretty this one is! ", whom I have watched politely collapse for two months.

But let's just say that I see this period as my "sandbox" phase and I'm sure I'd laugh about it in a few years...
Given the "market" at the beginning of the year, let's say it's better to be a philosopher, huh.

Having a little tired of feeling like throwing real money in a chimney, I come to the methods by which we pass, I am sure, more or less all, and which allow us to claim a few free tokens.
So, after filling 5000 forms (from the best to the most doubtful) and leaving my MEW address in the least frequent corners of the web in the hope of making me look like "the future Bitcoin", I come to the subject of this post: Bounty's campaigns.

Well, we're serious people, I don't come back on the functioning of the thing as such nor on the debates which can exist on the interest and the relevance of the thing, as well as on the current hysteria which makes all the same think well of the deliriums of the period ".com" of the beginning of the years 2000 (JesusCoin, Ganja Coin, Tacos Coin.... No, but seriously?!? TACOS COIN man!)

In short, full of courage and proudly wearing - tattaaaam ! my new "Junior Member" status, I've been poking my nose into the Bountys the last few weeks!
Well, it's quite painful.

Yes: painful.

I don't know about you, but spending a lot of time filling out forms based on retweets links and other facebook likes, it makes me feel like I'm missing out on real life.

So, being an authentic lazy person, I started to think about the tools that could allow, if not to optimize the thing, at least to lose, sorry, spend his time effectively.

I imagine that the subject has already been addressed and that the old people of the forum (well, those who were there before 2017...) will not learn much but I think that beginners will find in this small synthesis elements that will help them to choose their bounty campaign and the tasks to be accomplished.
Indeed, the idea of this post is to dissect a real and current campaign and, using freely available information, deduce some form of profitability.
WARNING, I'm NOT a statistician, NOT a math man for 2 rounds, PARESSEUX (don't say you didn't know) and frankly, I'm more interested in trends than in numbers after the decimal point.

So, excuse in advance the roundings assumed and the generalities which engage only me.

That doesn't prevent the more pointed than me from coming to contribute to this modest post this says, especially those who have experience in the matter (many campaigns to their credit, payment, etc... to determine if the income orders are coherent or arise from a demonic dimension).

So, for this autopsy, the subject will be Nauticus Bounty's campaign.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3095301.0

It turns out that both I participate and that at the same time, I invested a few dollars because I like the project a lot (I would also have the opportunity to make feedback on this thread about how things will get started).

Duration: 8 weeks, we are in week 4 at the time of writing.
The amount distributed during the bounty: 12,500,000 (12.5 millions, you're welcome) NTS tokens.
At the current rate, 1USD : 13.6 NTS.
Say otherwise, 920,000 USD will be distributed to Bounty participants.

We are in the middle of the campaign, I assume that even if people will register until the last moment, the number of participants will remain stable, no change of scale.

The distribution of NTS is as follows:

Telegram Campaign: 20% - 2.5 Million NTS - 184 000 USD
Twitter campaign: 20% - 2.5 Million NTS - 184 000 USD
FaceBook campaign: 20% - 2.5 Million NTS - 184 000 USD
Article and media campaign: 20% - 2.5 Million NTS - 184 000 USD
Signature Campaign: 10% - 1.25 Million NTS - 91 000 USD
Translation Campaign: 10% - 1.25 Million NTS - 91 000 USD

Now, normally you start to see where I'm going with this!..

I went through the spreadsheet to get an overview of the number of participants in the different campaigns. It should be recalled that the premiums offered are most often expressed in "stakes" (this is the case here, sometimes it is however a fixed number of tokens).
The stake is a small part of the total tokens allocated to the campaign.

The advantage compared to a fixed number is that this approach ensures that the amount of tokens offered to contributors will remain as expected (unlike fixed bonuses, which, if the campaign creates a buzz, could far exceed the initial forecasts and affect the distribution ratios forecast in a white paper).
In short, once the campaign is over, it is enough to count the number of stakes accumulated by all participants, then divide the amount allocated to the campaign by this result and let's go!

Apart from the Telegram and translation campaigns, the bonus awarded is closely linked to the rank on the bitcointalk forum.

Most campaigns only start at the Junior rank (the first to allow profile personalization and guarantee a minimum of activity on the said forum).
The bonuses are therefore very largely conditioned at member level. For example, for the Signature campaign, and over 8 weeks of activities, the differential between a "Junior" member and a "Hero" could be from 1 to 5.
Concerning the bounty Nauticus, we do not speak about stake but about "share" and there is no difference of treatment between the various ranks (except for the signature campaign).
It's nice for the beginner but it will also make the study of the thing easier!

The Telegram campaign:

Ultra-fast registration, only constraint: remain registered until the end of the ICO.
No action required. 1 share allocated to each participant.
Allocated premium: NTS 2.5 million / USD 184,000.
As of April 3, 2018: 8702 on the spreadsheet.

Expected result: each participant will be entitled to (2,500,000 /8702) : 287 = 287 NTS about 21 USD).

Not bad for a form filled in 40 seconds!

This is even higher than the Airdrop premium (100 NTS) requiring many more tasks to accomplish...).

The Twitter campaign

5 re-tweets + 5 original tweets/week to get the max of 15 shares. Multiplied by 8 weeks of campaign, the determined participant can accumulate 120 shares.
Participants as of April 3: 661

BUT, and this is where it gets interesting: most participants will not do the 8 weeks (some will do none) AND attendance per week is very variable (112 entries validated by the WB in week 1, more than 300 in week 3 for example).

However, for the demonstration, we will consider that all the participants do the job, stay during the whole campaign and cumulate 15 shares/ week (in reality, only half of the participants will do the 8 weeks, a quarter will do half and the rest was there on a misunderstanding.

The total number of shares accumulated by our 661 participants will therefore be (661 X 120) = 79 320
Consequently, 1 share : 31.26 NTS / 2.29 USD

The rigorous participant during 8 weeks will be able to claim the payment of (8 X 15 X 31.26 NTS): 3 751 NTS - 275 USD.

The Facebook campaign :

Same fundamental as Twitter BUT threshold of participation to at least 500 friends, which filters a little at the entrance (I have 150 friends and I already feel like I'm Paris Hilton then over 500...)
Same rules and same max/week
The number of participants as of April 3 is 633.

633 x 120 : 75 960 shares
1 share : 32.64 NTS - 2.4 USD
The rigorous participant during 8 weeks will be able to claim the payment of (8 X 15 X 32.64 NTS): 3 916 NTS - 288 USD.

The signature campaign

There, it becomes a little more complicated, insofar as the ranking on the forum has a big impact on the premium paid.

A Junior Member can claim 15 shares/week or 120 shares for 8 weeks
2. Member: 20 Shares/Week : 160 shares
3. Full Member: 30 Shares/Week : 240 shares
4. Sr. Member: 50 Shares/Week : 400 shares
5: Hero Member: 65 Shares/Week : 520 shares
6: Legendary Member: 80 Shares/Week : 640 shares

April 3, only 44 participants!

logical, if it is easy to multiply FB, Telegram and other campaigns, it is only possible to display one signature...
The ratio + the total cumulative number of shares in max/8 weeks :

25 Junior member : - 3000 shares
5 Member : - 1200 shares
10 Full member : - 2400 shares
2 Senior Member : - 800 shares
2 Legendary/Hero : - 1280 shares

Cumulative shares to be shared by the 45 participants: 8680 (out of a total of 1240 000 NTS/91 000USD)
Value of 1 share : 142.85 NTS - 10.5 USD

Final result by rank with validated participation/8 weeks

Junior member : 120 shares : 17 142 NTS
Member : 160 shares : 22 856 NTS
Full member : 240 shares : 34 284 NTS
Senior Member :400 shares : 57 540 NTS
Legendary/Hero : 580 shares (average) : 182 848 NTS

The media campaign:

260 participants.

I must admit that I was surprised by the number of people registered with regard to the effort to be deployed (having a platform for writing/distribution adapted, producing an interesting paper, etc...).

Then I went to take a look at the average level of the articles and I understood better... (but that's another debate).

From 10 to 30 shares/item at the discretion of the Nauticus team. For the moment, no allocation of shares, we will assume that the average will be 20 shares and that the number of items will double by the end of the campaign.

520 X 20 : 10 400 shares
1 share : 240 NTS/17.69 USD
 1 validated article will bring back to its author 4800 NTS / 353 USD

The translation campaign:

17 participants for a "budget" of 1250 000 NTS/91 000 USD.

In addition to the white paper and ANN translations, there is a reward system for moderating discussion threads + update.
By default, we consider that the 17 participants will be joined by 10 little comrades (the campaign is still long) and divide the allocated budget.

That means 46 286 NTS per participant ( !)

Concrete example:

Let's take a Member participant, who will be rigorous for 8 weeks, will participate in the campaign twitter + signature + write a relevant article on Medium.
He can obtain (3751 + 22856 + 4800 NTS) = 31 407 NTS

The same is content to take signature + 1 translation:
The result: (22856 + 46286) = 91 998 NTS

A Legendary comes out of the shadows! he decides to make signature + article (we leave the other stuff of flunkies to the plebe when we are Legend!)
Race results: (182 848 + 4800) = 187 648 NTS

Even if these projections sell dreams, let's now take the example of Member Jr who makes ½ signature campaign + ½ Twitter campaign + Telegram (it's me!)
: (8571 + 1875+ 287) : 10 733 NTS, or at market price about 789 USD (which is higher than what I invested with my real money!)

Teachings :

In the hypothesis that my projections are not too far from the reality of the facts, everything seems to indicate that a well chosen bounty campaign can be most profitable.
However, I do not hide from you that I myself am a little surprised at the results I get! According to the testimonies gathered here and there, these operations are interesting but not at this point...

Unless this especially lucrative night campaign!

This post is therefore intended to gather your opinions on the subject, both concerning my approach (I may have missed something!), and in order to get real concrete feedback on the profitability, real or imagined, of the bounty.

And with numerical examples it would be even better!

Enjoy!  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: