Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:10:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency NEWS  (Read 205 times)
ICONIX360 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:12:58 AM

Google will no longer accept Chrome extensions that mine cryptocurrency

Google’s Chrome Web Store will no longer accept extensions that mine cryptocurrency. The company says there has been a rise in “malicious extensions” over the past few months which appear to be useful but are actually embedding hidden cryptocurrency mining scripts that run in the background without consent, consuming valuable computing resources. Google says existing extensions will be delisted from the Chrome Web Store in late June, though extensions with blockchain-related purposes “other than mining” will still be permitted.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:15:10 AM

Google’s Chrome Web Store will no longer accept extensions that mine cryptocurrency. The company says there has been a rise in “malicious extensions” over the past few months which appear to be useful but are actually embedding hidden cryptocurrency mining scripts that run in the background without consent, consuming valuable computing resources. Google says existing extensions will be delisted from the Chrome Web Store in late June, though extensions with blockchain-related purposes “other than mining” will still be permitted.

Well, I think that is just one of the downfall of mining is that it also affects the server on ehich you are mining as a result if too much people are mining in that server then there could be experiencing lag or even disruptions in that network and it is tracked by the administrator and as a result we get news like this. That is why mining is really hard but can also be profitable provided that you really have the resources to do it and that you are ready to invest in that kind of work
coinmaster241

Activity: 672
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:40:34 AM

I'm still confused with Google, Previously blowing issue that Google will block crypto ads but the fact is still there and now Block Google Web Store, I think this is one of elements who deliberately want to reap results of negative issues into profits for personal interests. So that holders of crypto suffered losses due to panic sell
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 01:49:06 PM

I don't any normal extensions for Chrome) Imho all this for hidden mining monero) Why they decided to remove only after asic on monero and delisting of monero from some exchanges) this the question)

Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:33:45 PM

That's a right decision from Google.

As we know, majority people who use chrome extension for mining are people who don't know about mining itself, they don't know their CPU resource will be used, and it potentially damages its devices.

They only want, how to easily mining.  Huh
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:42:04 PM

This is good news, because some malicious sites have spread, and without your knowledge the tool is installed in your device to start mining and therefore does not take any reward.
pocket_lck

Activity: 105

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:42:59 PM

This can be very detrimental to the miners and can automatically affect other coin prices, I hope it will not all come true and make a bad world of cryptocurrency.
LuckyCryptoMan

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:45:22 PM

I think It's a good news to protect everybody
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:56:44 PM

Wot Google not using every opportunity it has to spy on what people are doing.

Don't worry google code ruining on android devices have you covered anyway, nothing gets past them.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
bambazamba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:59:02 PM

Things are just getting worse day by day for bitcoin and other crypto currencies and after all the hopes everyone is just at the verge of loosing their calm . Such negativity is surrounded by bitcoin and other crypto that it is not able to rise above the ground. Now another fud is going on regarding ban of bitcoin's exchanges in India making things even more worse.
kirana08

Activity: 122

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:07:48 PM

now the rules for cryptocurrency are getting tougher whether it's from government or google and facebook.
this only makes the price of coin getting falling. In fact, fraud is done by the person not globally.
ICONIX360 (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:50:07 AM

I don't any normal extensions for Chrome) Imho all this for hidden mining monero) Why they decided to remove only after asic on monero and delisting of monero from some exchanges) this the question)

Google removed cryptocurrency extensions for security server..... check this account for latest news.. https://twitter.com/iconix360
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:01:06 AM

I do not know why does the google and Facebook did this in cryptocurrency. Do they not have profits or did they not benefits in cryptocurrency? Well, I think there is a reason behind the ban. Not only in the sense that crypto ads and ICO are mostly scam but there is a tremendous reason behind it. And now, they did not let the crypto extensions to be part of chrome. This is very bad news in crypto enthusiast.

valendra15

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:02:03 AM

That's a right decision from Google.
I think people who mined bitcoin using google chrome are people who are not responsible because they bitcoin can be destroyed and can not walk normally way so I support the decision made by google
I think it's a very wise decision, so what's the problem ??
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:07:40 AM

I am not really worried about this news.
I think there is a lot of bad news for crypto but if we can review it will not really have a big impact, let alone just for the deletion as the OP convey.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 08:08:36 AM

no one needs google. extensions will then be sold via other channels

xhoondilan

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:11:55 AM

I dont even use chrome extension apps but i think that stop crypto mining extension app might help to lessen the mining apps online thats why they remove it. Also chrome will observe the app if its still worth or it is really legit because many mining website today used to be scams.
Anthony007x

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:13:47 AM

There is always sun after rainy days, dont worry. Crypto market will grow back someday, but nobody know when. The problem is that turbulences of rate are too high. It stops cryptocurrencies to break into mainstream. Every alt coin is correlated with Btc. Solution may be projects like Nebula Network where rate of exchange is rock stable thanks to emission mechanism tied to their supply. That is solid backing in form of computational power and disc space (nebula is storage cloud) Would it be a future of crupto market?
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:16:16 AM

I at all do not understand as Google could admit such extensions earlier! They must control such things because millions of people trust this company.

roxxy

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:11:51 PM

This is really sad for me. I mean why? Google’s Chrome in my favorite, but why do they have to do this. Google’s Chrome Web Store will no longer accept extensions that mine cryptocurrency. It’s not acceptable for me.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: