Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:33:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What IF?  (Read 349 times)
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:52:38 AM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (1), digaran (1)

I think we should start discussing how we can identify and do something about such manipulative scenarios.
I don't know how it is a crime when an investor sells off at ATH or buys in at a ridiculously cheap price during a dip. Isn't the ability to understand and feel the beat of the market in order to know when to take profit a business dexterity? Why do we (losers) always think it is manipulation? Why?

I don't imply that it is a crime to profit from the trade. Like other people are discussing in the thread, maybe we should try to figure out who exactly could be doing this, if they really are??
The banks/ hedge funds or filthy rich investors. If there was a way to analyze the transactions and look for patterns, it wouldn't be so hard to identify the most active trading links. I understand that it goes against the whole philosophy to be asking something like this but then, if such a manipulation scenario was true, people should know who is making the concerted effort??

3. Normal investors must say no to FOMO and only invest what they are willing to lose. That way, you don't lock your capital at ATH.
I don't think there is such a thing as "Normal Investors". We can safely say we have investors who are adverse to risk and those who are gross risk takers.
Lol.. by "Normal Investors", I mean the people who are jumping into this because they see it as a way to unshackle themselves from the low-return and risky investments otherwise peddled by investment banks and financial organizations (Remember House mortgage based derivatives??).
People who are jumping in with enough knowledge to take advantage of the volatility , i.e, traders, are not Normal investors. Those who form whale groups to manipulate ICO prices and flip them for quick gains aren't either.
Your average Joe's who hear about bitcoin from media and then go on to sell houses or take other huge risks are the normal investors..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:19:45 AM

What do you think?

What if, I'm buying 3M Bitcoins with Billions of dollars to push the price up to $20,000 and then give them all to you for $60B? you would have to start selling them because you need money now, you would sell them for any price, because you couldn't receive money from me. the whole world is calling you a terrorist, giving money to you directly could have unwanted consequences, such as getting tagged by Lauda and having no salary in any signature campaign and nothing for you.

🖤😏
morozo

Activity: 106
Merit: 15

Your Gate to Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:11:23 PM

What do you think?

What if, I'm buying 3M Bitcoins with Billions of dollars to push the price up to $20,000 and then give them all to you for $60B? you would have to start selling them because you need money now, you would sell them for any price, because you couldn't receive money from me. the whole world is calling you a terrorist, giving money to you directly could have unwanted consequences, such as getting tagged by Lauda and having no salary in any signature campaign and nothing for you.

I read this several times, tried really hard to understand it but it makes no sense to me, I really wonder what your were talking about

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:43:37 PM

I see whatever is happening in market price as normal. The price has been dragging for sometime no doubt it is looking for a breakout. This is why it is the time to catch in on some buying mode.
pyosar

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:28:23 PM

I do not think that this was all planned. The sharp rise in prices for crypto currency, in my opinion, was due to a lot of positive news that fell on blockchain technology.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: