Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:43:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fund raising through an ICO  (Read 111 times)
Jazz1993 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:10:46 AM

Is it possible for a company to raise funds through an ICO even if it is not a startup? Huh Huh For example: Say company X manufactures chocolates but now it wants to further expand its operations and needs funds for it, can it opt for ICO instead of a Private Equity fund or a Bank Debt?
Please help I am a complete newbie and this concept is confusing me a lot Roll Eyes
Thanks
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:10:52 PM

Yes, now it is possible for an existing company for raising funds through ICO. There are already many companies which are raising the additional capital through ICOs. These type of projects are called the new generation of Token Sales or ICO 2.0. So if your business has an ecosystem that can be tokenized, you can launch ICOs.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:17:42 PM

Is it possible for a company to raise funds through an ICO even if it is not a startup? Huh Huh For example: Say company X manufactures chocolates but now it wants to further expand its operations and needs funds for it, can it opt for ICO instead of a Private Equity fund or a Bank Debt?
Please help I am a complete newbie and this concept is confusing me a lot Roll Eyes
Thanks

Anybody can raise funds from an ICO. If you have a legitimate working business behind it then it can be a positive point.

The problem is that most ICO's have become scammer playgrounds where the developers simply raise money and then disappear or make a show of the impossibility/ difficulty of the problem at hand.

Additionally, with the RBI instructions to banks to desist from crytpocurrency dealings, it's harder still in India to hope to raise money with ICOs. You will need to provide a report on the source of the funds when you convert to fiat. Unfortunately, it will not be legal to convert to fiat when the banks aren't allowed to do so.

It's best to wait for the picture to get clearer and wait for any any business entity looking to use crytpocurrencies for fund-raising.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: