Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 05:55:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reward to the bounty hunter with ETH, whether to reduce the dumping price ico?  (Read 156 times)
darmawan_lasuara (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:17:33 AM

What if bounty payments are not paid with the token or coins they are promoting, but are paid by ETH for example. Will it prevent or reduce the price of the token ico to dump?
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:44:55 AM

Why do you think they are able to lower the price? Thousands of people are in these 2% of sold tokens, usually only shit coins are affected by this, they have practically no volume. So actually this is a good indicator.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:21:40 AM

What if bounty payments are not paid with the token or coins they are promoting, but are paid by ETH for example. Will it prevent or reduce the price of the token ico to dump?
The main reason for these airdrops is to attract people and to advertise about their project and give away these drops is the best advertisement and they need to built a community so that we can discuss about the project  and without these airdrops it is very difficult to find people to talk about it and if it is a good project these percentage of airdrops wont affect the price at all as there will be more investors as long as they have a legit project.
kirstiemorton23

Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:45:11 AM

this is just my opinion. i think they do not give eth to the bounty hunter because of the limited funding supply. the project developers implement ico to collect the funds. they provide tokens with the name of their project so that their project can grow and can be known to many people.
Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:59:48 AM

It seems good, XUC was changing the payment method for the bounty participants by replace the token payment with ethereum payment and This is the result of that
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/exchange-union/
The price of XUC still above the ico price and that doesn't give a lot of reaction to the market.
This should become another alternative to the developer too, just my 2 cents.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
apur688

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:01:19 AM

I do not think that will happen. This means that the price of ethereum remains down even though the reward bounty is a token. I think the cause of the price of altcoin or Ethereum goes down not because of it, but this is the impact of bitcoin. Bitcoin prices start to fall, then everyone panics and fear the price of bitcoin plummeted. Then they switch to ethereum at a more stable price. They begin to see the ethereum chart starting to follow bitcoin as well. So they sell and do dump. This is what causes the price of ethereum to drop dramatically. thank you

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:11:03 AM

will not, because I think it will remain stable because it is not bothered by the bounty of the bounty hunters. such as a good union exchange project when the project pays participants with eth

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:56:59 AM

ICO is Initial Coin Offering and is a way of raising funds but also a way of distributing the "Coins" (better term is tokens). so what you are asking is impossible.
it would be like you going to buy potato but the store gives you apples instead! in other words you are buying or (as a bounty hunter) earning these tokens not earning something else.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
MarchToke

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:15:13 AM

I don't think ethereum as payment of an ICO Bounty will never reduce the price of the token. There are other IVO bounty campaign that paid the participants with ethereum and that is a good thing and will notm affect the price of a ICO token.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:21:22 PM

the price of an ICO token is not getting dumped because they paid their users in their token so it won't change anything if they paid them in anything else. even if they paid then in USD the price of their token would have still gotten dumped hard because they are useless, and people dump something that is useless and will hold on to what is useful or if they think it has a good future ahead. nobody sees that for any ICO token so they (the majority anyways) dump it.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
coastbank

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:02:55 PM

I think I would basically prefer to be paid in ethereum to many other altcoins. Most altcoins hardly have good exchange to trade at first. Meanwhile ethereum is very legit, valid cryptocurrency that you can always use.

Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:20:36 PM

paying bounty hunters by their own tokens makes the projects more release part of their token so it can easily spread to market,and why will they pay to ethereum since payments by token is part of project disposals or distribution of their own tokens ..but theres no wrong about that if the ico project are legitimate well i see no reason if they will pay in eth instead of token.

I think I would basically prefer to be paid in ethereum to many other altcoins. Most altcoins hardly have good exchange to trade at first. Meanwhile ethereum is very legit, valid cryptocurrency that you can always use.
Ofcourse for you as hunter youll prefer to be paid in ethereum,easy to convert into fiat or bitcoin without using gas and can do conveniently
maliboom

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:31:42 PM

it would be a beautiful idea. In the past I read some ico with bounty pgatai in eth but I do not remember the name.
however against the post-price price fluctuations. now it's coming https://dehedge.com/
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:32:59 PM

Well giving their token as mode of payment is one way of promoting their project but yeah most of the bounty hunters are selling what they get from the bounty and that makes the price to dump. If the project is good enough, for sure it can bounce higher.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:22:41 PM

The allocation of tokens for bounty campaign are normally just small part of the total supply and I do not think it will affect the value of the token. If ever all bounty hunters dump the coin and it is affected, it just shows that the token is weak. Anyway, utility token is supposed to be a long term investment since most ICO needs to develop the product first before it shows any significant growth.
t3hpwnographer

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 02:58:19 PM

In my experience, bounties that promise to pay out win BTC/ETH rather than their own token either don't pay at all or end much earlier than they were supposed to Undecided

So I guess I'd rather take my chances with getting a token and having the price drop rather than not getting paid at all.
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:49:54 AM

The ico dump is not always because of bounty hunter but there is also because of early investor who get so much diacount and bonuses. It is also sometimes because private sales. I am a bounty hunter but i never dump my token at first day and i always support good project like gvt, cindicator etc.. so if bounty hunter getting paid by eth i think only bounty hunter will dissagree with payment.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
darmawan_lasuara (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:45:57 PM

this is just my opinion. i think they do not give eth to the bounty hunter because of the limited funding supply. the project developers implement ico to collect the funds. they provide tokens with the name of their project so that their project can grow and can be known to many people.
yes, we know that, they want to raise funds to build their projects. There are some ICOs that reach their hardcap and I think why they do not sell all their coins and pay the bounty hunters with ETH. I only see from what is done 'Data wallet', they give the bounty hunters a choice to pay them with ETH or with DXT token. And I think that's good.
darmawan_lasuara (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:50:36 PM

It seems good, XUC was changing the payment method for the bounty participants by replace the token payment with ethereum payment and This is the result of that
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/exchange-union/
The price of XUC still above the ico price and that doesn't give a lot of reaction to the market.
This should become another alternative to the developer too, just my 2 cents.

I agree with you, XUC is one example, hopefully some developers and bounty managers can find a good solution for the Bounty hunters ..
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:51:44 PM

I saw some bounties reserving right to pay in ETH as well as those bounties who offer buy back. It means that certain amount of bounty tokens will be bought by company once bounty is finished in order to reduce price fluctuation.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: