Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:23:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can not use function "Forgot Password". It says not approved! WTF???  (Read 182 times)
tomey (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:30:53 AM

Hi

I did some posts years ago. I would like to use the account again but I don't remember the login.

My Email and Name is taken, so it is supposed to exist still.

So I tried to use "Forgot Password".
-> Enter Email and Captcha

But then comes the message. Sorry this accout has not been approved yet. WTF???

How to be approved? Any help?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:49:06 AM

May be the email has not been used to create an account before.
You might have more than one email account. Try with all possible email accounts you have.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
tomey (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:37:59 AM

May be the email has not been used to create an account before.
You might have more than one email account. Try with all possible email accounts you have.

Well... if it has not been used... why it says it is allready taken if I try to use it for a new account?
But when I use "Forgot Password" option it says Email not approved?

This is a Bug or what? This does not make sense. Is crypto like this? Like XVG leaving old known bugs to exploit?

I never experienced that on other Forums.

Yes I have 1-2 other addresses but it is strictly split.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:12:46 PM

Well... if it has not been used... why it says it is allready taken if I try to use it for a new account?

This is a Bug or what? This does not make sense. Is crypto like this? Like XVG leaving old known bugs to exploit?

It might help if you drop here the link of the profile of your old account or mention it's name so others can have a more clear understanding as to why it happens. May I ask if this account is a really old one that has been inactive since 2025 or not? Because if it is, it might have had been compromised when bitcointalk database leak happened, resulting to temporary lock.
tomey (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:15:24 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2018, 11:05:07 PM by tomey

It might help if you drop here the link of the profile of your old account or mention it's name so others can have a more clear understanding as to why it happens. May I ask if this account is a really old one that has been inactive since 2025 or not? Because if it is, it might have had been compromised when bitcointalk database leak happened, resulting to temporary lock.
OK. A leak. Is there information about it? Temporary Lock? Compromised?

I really don't know exactly. I want to know my old posts. I couldn't find my posts yet nor my profile.
If I remember correctly... I wanted to mine BTC or LTC by my ibook, Macbook Pro or Sandybridge GT 540 Notebook  Cheesy then when there were coming also other altcoins, but I gave up and forgot about sadly. So it might be "ancient".  Shocked

So I just post my robot hidden email which is spammed anyways. And I am also not your phishing victim.  Wink

User Name seems taken but I am not shure because I cannot find it.

tomey (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:08:52 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 02:33:08 PM by tomey

Again: Try It for yourself! This is a bug or what else!?

1.  User Name: "ehri" is taken but searching for "ehri" gives no results. Still not shure if I took this avatar. Name is taken if you try to register with it, but search gives no results...

2. Email postet above is allready taken on Bitcointalk. Try it for yourself registering it. But when trying to use "Forgot Password" function with this Email it says like: Sorry this Email has not been approved. And of course no Email is received.

This kept me from posting more until now.

Try it for yourself! The Bug is easy replicable. If "official" Bitcointalk is Buggy why should I trust BTC?

mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:01:06 PM

Not sure about the problem.

If "official" Bitcointalk is Buggy why should I trust BTC?

This is insane LOL... Why do you think BitcoinTalk and BTC is related? BitcoinTalk is just a forum and BTC is a currency. It does not matter for Bitcoin if BitcoinTalk diaper someday.

If Facebook starts selling your privacy then would you say, how would you trust Internet because Facebook started to sell your private information in public?

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2907

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:45:25 AM

If I remember correctly... I wanted to mine BTC or LTC by my ibook, Macbook Pro or Sandybridge GT 540 Notebook  Cheesy then when there were coming also other altcoins, but I gave up and forgot about sadly. So it might be "ancient".  Shocked

Is this your profile link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=174992

And is this your post? There is only one post and it's about litecoin mining.

Dear community
I'd like to mine some litecoins. Normal Cpuminer seems to work under 10.7 but SockPuppet posted some time ago a version that supports OSX 10.6 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55038.msg654875#msg654875
Unfortunately the Link doesn't work anymore.
I'd appreciate a lot to get it working on 10.6 so please if anyone has this 10.6 Version of cpuminer -> please post where to get it or email it me. Thank you a lot.
Just a single post and why you need this profile so desperately? Create a new one cheers Wink

By the way Satoshi did not create Bitcointalk, domain yes it was registered by Satoshi. But the forum itself is from http://www.simplemachines.org/
as it says in the footer Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Seetheummerallyeah

Activity: 280
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:46:22 AM

This means your account got locked as a security precaution. You would have to contact an admin and sign a message from a staked address to recover your account. However they are extremely backlogged so chances are pretty low you'll get the account back.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 10:04:48 AM

By the way Satoshi did not create Bitcointalk,

Actually, Satoshi did, indeed, create Bitcointalk. The original forums for Bitcoin was hosted at bitcoin.sourcefourge.net (no longer active) before it was migrated here (bitcointalk.org) in 2009.

Welcome to the new Bitcoin forum!

The old forum can still be reached here:
http://bitcoin.sourceforge.net/boards/index.php

I'll repost some selected threads here and add updated answers to questions where I can.

FAQ
http://bitcoin.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?page=FAQ

Download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/

More information about the origins of Bitcointalk can be found here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BitcoinTalk

tomey (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:04:34 PM

If I remember correctly... I wanted to mine BTC or LTC by my ibook, Macbook Pro or Sandybridge GT 540 Notebook  Cheesy then when there were coming also other altcoins, but I gave up and forgot about sadly. So it might be "ancient".  Shocked

Is this your profile link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=174992

And is this your post? There is only one post and it's about litecoin mining.

Dear community
I'd like to mine some litecoins. Normal Cpuminer seems to work under 10.7 but SockPuppet posted some time ago a version that supports OSX 10.6 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55038.msg654875#msg654875
Unfortunately the Link doesn't work anymore.
I'd appreciate a lot to get it working on 10.6 so please if anyone has this 10.6 Version of cpuminer -> please post where to get it or email it me. Thank you a lot.
Just a single post and why you need this profile so desperately? Create a new one cheers Wink

By the way Satoshi did not create Bitcointalk, domain yes it was registered by Satoshi. But the forum itself is from http://www.simplemachines.org/
as it says in the footer Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines

Hey Thanks!
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:51:39 AM

Check the URL to be sure that you are login in bitcointalk.org
Possible phishing sites are
Code:
Bitcointalk.to
Bitcointallk.org

Maybe there are more, but only those I know of.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: