Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:00:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware Wallet  (Read 226 times)
NineBall (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:21:47 AM

Where can I buy hardware wallet like trezor, and the other? is it safe to keep my bitcoin there? What happens if there is damage to the hardware?

GLOBAL REIT:    The 1st ever Blockchain based
Real Estate Investment Trust  〔 http://globalreit.io/ 〕
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tobi_1987

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:30:52 AM

Where can I buy hardware wallet like trezor, and the other? is it safe to keep my bitcoin there? What happens if there is damage to the hardware?
where are you? trezor or Ledger Nano S, it is sale to keep your bitcoin and altcoin.
Anycoin Direct Support

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:38:23 AM
Merited by RodeoX (1)

Hello Nineball,

It is very important to buy hardware wallets on the official websites of the providers themselves. Other companies selling these wallets could tamper with the software making it compromisable. Currently there are two big established companies selling hardware wallets that we would recommend namely the Ledger wallet and the Trezor wallet.  

The official website to buy the Ledger wallet can be found here.
The official website to buy the Trezor wallet can be found here.

With kind regards,
The Anycoin Direct team

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct
max2607

Activity: 135
Merit: 22

Need a nice avatar, can someone help :-)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:44:50 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1), bitmover (1)

I hope anycoin was able to provide you the links from where you can purchase them in case it get's damaged you don't have to worry as long as you write the 24 words on the paper provided by both the companies. Those 24 words will help you recover your coins in case you lost the device or it got damaged

On a side note i would suggest you to buy ledger at the moment as it supports more coins than trezor
danielkruchin

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 11:52:11 AM

Make sure you get a licensed, expensive one. I bought a random one off ebay and put a small amount there just o test. Sure enough in two days it was broken..
wandino

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:48:09 PM

They are many fake ones floating around. Be careful and buy only from authorized sites
VUToken

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:11:52 PM

Salutations! We have personally had experience with the Trezor and KeepKey hardware wallets. Both are very secure, and integrated into the various sites that are commonly used while managing a cryptocurrency portfolio. Trezor is the most ubiquitous of the hardware wallets, you will find the most functionality specifically with this particular wallet. And if the device is ever damaged beyond use, you can access your accounts by using your key phrase (generated during wallet setup) with a new device, or directly in many wallet portals (MEW for example).
GlobitexOfficial

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:28:01 PM

Salutations! We have personally had experience with the Trezor and KeepKey hardware wallets. Both are very secure, and integrated into the various sites that are commonly used while managing a cryptocurrency portfolio. Trezor is the most ubiquitous of the hardware wallets, you will find the most functionality specifically with this particular wallet. And if the device is ever damaged beyond use, you can access your accounts by using your key phrase (generated during wallet setup) with a new device, or directly in many wallet portals (MEW for example).

This is correct. Depending on the platforms you are using, the Trezor will be the most useful hardware wallet you can use. KeepKey is well featured, to be sure, but it is not as integrated with platforms as the Trezor. This is especially true if you are using MEW, and EtherDelta.
rivkavender

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:52:26 PM

Always buy the hardware wallets which ever one you want like the trezor or nano s from the factory ONLY!!!

other resellers could have hacked it and you will loose all ur funds that way!
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:19:44 PM

is it safe to keep my bitcoin there?
It's pretty much impossible to be 100% safe, but for a convenient wallet that you can use for everyday spending, it's safe.  If you want to know about how TREZOR in particular is trying to deal with security concerns, read their page about it here.

I can personally vouch for the quality of TREZOR's interface and their support as well.  It's all very user friendly, there are regular updates and the support is helpful if you have any problems.
What happens if there is damage to the hardware?
When you buy a hardware wallet they ask you to write down a "seed", which is a collection of words which you should keep in multiple locations.  If your hardware is damaged or if you need to have access to the funds in multiple places for whatever reason, you can import the seed into a new hardware wallet or into any other wallet which is compatible with their type of seed.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 05:29:33 PM

Remember to find a original product, cause now i know many scam peoples sale a hardware wallet with hacked firmware inside, and if you put your asset in that, you will lost all. And with this hardware you just save your private key to a safe place

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:40:28 PM

Only buy from the official website, son't skimp and get a cheaper one from amazon or someplace like that. Never buy a used hardware wallet, not worth it. As someone else said, the recovery seed is all you need if you happen to damage your hardware wallet beyond use. Write the seed down on a piece of paper and put it in a place no one will ever look to find!...except for you, of course...and one more person of ultimate trust and confidence.

Cheers!
rivkavender

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:58:23 AM

is it safe to keep my bitcoin there?
It's pretty much impossible to be 100% safe, but for a convenient wallet that you can use for everyday spending, it's safe.  If you want to know about how TREZOR in particular is trying to deal with security concerns, read their page about it here.

I can personally vouch for the quality of TREZOR's interface and their support as well.  It's all very user friendly, there are regular updates and the support is helpful if you have any problems.
What happens if there is damage to the hardware?
When you buy a hardware wallet they ask you to write down a "seed", which is a collection of words which you should keep in multiple locations.  If your hardware is damaged or if you need to have access to the funds in multiple places for whatever reason, you can import the seed into a new hardware wallet or into any other wallet which is compatible with their type of seed.

I agree but its way safer than leaving it on a exchange Smiley
hoangvuthach

Activity: 308
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:45:13 AM

I think the web wallet is still quite safe, just keep your web site and keep your security code very carefully, avoid the fake web site just different address a few characters
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:21:38 AM

I think the web wallet is still quite safe, just keep your web site and keep your security code very carefully, avoid the fake web site just different address a few characters

Their safety is incomparable with desktop wallets, and much less so with hardware wallets. You can absolutely keep yourself safe, but the fact of the matter is, there is another party that has control of your coins. You can control your own security up to a certain extent, but you can't control theirs. A security breach on their end would compromise your coins, regardless of how well you protect yourself. It's just a really risky way to store a large amount of coins long-term.

Not saying they're not safe, but desktop wallets are nearly just as convenient and are much more secure, so why bother with them? Hardware wallets, of course, offer the best combination of convenience and security.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: