Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:01:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining_proxy.py tips and p2pool troubles  (Read 535 times)
twib2 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Helperizer

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:51:57 PM

[Running linuxmint 14...]

I've been using mining_proxy.py for some time now making it work for Slush, BTCGuild, Eligius, and Multipool, but I'm looking for ways to optimize it as much as possible.  I've tried both the -nm and -rt switches in an attempt to speed up hashing for my ASICMiner Block Erupter Blades but it's still not clear what works best.  I thought "-rt" was supposed to help efficiency.  So, am I doing something wrong?  Is there a better guide to the switches than the "-help" that explains what each does in more detail and under what circumstances?

I'm also having troubles with multipool.us's SHA-256 multipool, but only when mining BTC.  For the other SHA-256 coins, I get consistent hashing, but once it switches over to SHA-256 using p2pool, then errors in "Deferred" with rather cryptic logging (I'm at work, so I don't have the log on hand now).  Help?  Is there some known problem with p2pool and mining_proxy.py?

Thanks for any insight.  I did search on these types of things, but nothing really matched as far as I could tell.

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: