Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:27:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitmit closing in 4 weeks  (Read 1894 times)
js1985 (OP)

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:34:03 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 06:20:40 PM by js1985

just poped up

"Bitmit is closing
Bitmit is shutting down its services in four weeks. Please complete your orders and withdraw your funds!

2013 November 6th

You are allowed to place new orders until November 13th.
If you are interested in buying the site we will publish further information in about 2 weeks. Meanwhile please stay patient.

« The end is the beginning of all things, suppressed and hidden, awaiting to be released through the rhythm of pain and pleasure. Bitcoin evolved from a sore baby to a powerful soldier who is surrounded by a wonderful community of freedom fighters! With your help Bitcoin will be able to defend itself in the fight against all financial systems that are based on debt. But for us it's time to move on. »

We really appreciate your long time support!

THANKS AND BYE BYE!

PS: In the case you want to send us a beer: 1KBbTJ1G1KBJmdqiFbYDRh6KiBwFUWkUis (Thx&Cheers!)"

so any other bitmit like sites?

edit: its official got email back from support they are closing Sad
endrowski

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:47:10 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 07:28:50 PM by endrowski

---------------------
js1985 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:49:55 PM

was it hacked i wonder?
uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 05:50:11 PM

ERROR 401 - Access Denied!
The following error occurred:

The logon attempt failed, probably because an invalid user name or incorrect password was used.

For further assistance please contact the webmaster.

Powered by ISPConfig

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 05:50:17 PM

wtf

uk1
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 05:51:00 PM

yeah wtf

captainbluff

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:52:55 PM

maybe server crashed due too heavy BTC withdrawal requests from users wallets
uk1
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 05:55:22 PM

just poped up

"Bitmit is closing
Bitmit is shutting down its services in four weeks. Please complete your orders and withdraw your funds!

2013 November 6th

You are allowed to place new orders until November 13th.
If you are interested in buying the site we will publish further information in about 2 weeks. Meanwhile please stay patient.

« The end is the beginning of all things, suppressed and hidden, awaiting to be released through the rhythm of pain and pleasure. Bitcoin evolved from a sore baby to a powerful soldier who is surrounded by a wonderful community of freedom fighters! With your help Bitcoin will be able to defend itself in the fight against all financial systems that are based on debt. But for us it's time to move on. »

We really appreciate your long time support!

THANKS AND BYE BYE!

PS: In the case you want to send us a beer: 1KBbTJ1G1KBJmdqiFbYDRh6KiBwFUWkUis (Thx&Cheers!)"

so any other bitmit like sites?
cryptothrif

captainbluff

Activity: 422

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:56:35 PM

site is back up, but my login doesn't work, anyone else?  I'm glad I was able to request withdrawal earlier today.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:01:01 PM

https://bitdazzle.com is more of an etsy than ebay. set up a store to sell for or buy not auction items.

I can't get into my account either. Luckily no money in it but did have a bid on a blu-ray disk.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
birkomester

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:06:32 PM

I hope this is a joke
js1985 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:08:13 PM

I asked if the closure is official and pointed out problems with site got reply

"
hi!

Yes this is official. There was a temp. server issue!

Kind regards

"
liberman

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:09:40 PM

Bad movement from their part if they do so.

You have to be stupid to close a site like this right now, when all expectations about bitcoin are comming faster and faster. Bitmit could be a real monster in 2 years. Closing now has no sense at all.
js1985 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:16:02 PM

Yeh I wonder why this sudden move?
papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:22:24 PM

This catches my attention:

does this mean they don't have enough profit margin?

They started as a ebay for bitcoin sites "WITHOUT ADVERTISEMENT"... then now they added a few AD BANNERS...

so it must've been about the profit margin? just my opinion...

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
js1985 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:27:46 PM

This catches my attention:

does this mean they don't have enough profit margin?

They started as a ebay for bitcoin sites "WITHOUT ADVERTISEMENT"... then now they added a few AD BANNERS...

so it must've been about the profit margin? just my opinion...

Properly coded a site like that could be run on 100/month server at its current number users, its not that big nor needs fancy algorithms or anything, maybe pay a bit more for ddos protection to cloudflare

The adverts alone should be paying alot more than that, never mind the fees

I wonder why sudden decision?
iron77

Activity: 112
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:29:07 PM

It sucks, it served well for me. I hope an adventurous investor will show up and take this on.

Also, I haven't done any calculations, but my feeling is, when charging 1.9% per trade, they should be able to make this profitable or at least have prospects to so. Maybe they had regulatory issues?
jermwerty

Activity: 472

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:34:11 PM

It sucks, it served well for me. I hope an adventurous investor will show up and take this on.

Also, I haven't done any calculations, but my feeling is, when charging 1.9% per trade, they should be able to make this profitable or at least have prospects to so. Maybe they had regulatory issues?

With as much at bitmit has been down despite having cloudflare and all the rest the question becomes how much of a PITA does the current owner want to deal with?

Look he has been in BTC a long time.  He's probably made enough (hopefully) to move on to other things without dealing with all the problems runnning a BTC site like bitmit poses.

I'm very sad as I both bought and sold ASICs on bitmit.  Seemed like a slick no-brainer escrow system.

Thanks hackers & DDOS script kiddies.  "This is why we can't have nice things!"
iron77

Activity: 112
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:45:35 PM

Man, I want to buy it. Maybe some other vendors/sellers will join me to crowdsource it?

I think I'd consider buying shares (if offered), if website would be moved to responsible hands.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 07:07:48 PM

Man, I want to buy it. Maybe some other vendors/sellers will join me to crowdsource it?

Sounds like a job for https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: