Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:36:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining in vps for beginner  (Read 191 times)
erikaoliver (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:11:56 PM

Hi, I need to ask questions about mining in vps.
what would be more functional? some idea of ​​efficient resolution? I have accompanied a lot of story told but nothing concrete I am learning about mining but I did not find any good channel that detailed for beginners laguem with channel to indicate? thank you Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:57:08 PM

Mining in VPS it's not worth it anymore if you wanted to mine altcoins start building a mining rig and mine altcoins or buy hardware to mine altcoin or bitcoins.

All VPS providers not allowed to use VPS in mining and you will be ban immediately.
Bajiguer
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:56:56 AM

Mining using VPS is not recommended, due to expensive VPS rental fees, In addition some VPS providers also do not allow using VPS for mining activities and your VPS account will be banned permanent.
Why not try using web mining? If you have a blog with a lot of visitors, you can try it. But do not let the mining web disrupt the activities of visitors that resulted in your blog visitors reduced
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:06:06 AM

Even if you could be allowed to mine with VPS, you would be using the VPS's CPU only, which is a very very modest way in terms of hashing power. You need at least a decent GPU to see some returns.

Why not try using web mining? If you have a blog with a lot of visitors, you can try it. But do not let the mining web disrupt the activities of visitors that resulted in your blog visitors reduced

How do you mean web mining with a blog? For web mining you have to connect to other websites and allow them to use your resources, your hardware for mining. It has nothing to do with your own blog or the number  of visitors connected to it.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:34:52 AM

Oh man, that's terrible.
You were hurting your visitor; you will use your visitors CPU resource to mine some coin for you. That isn't a wise way to do mining. You will be harming others. That was selfish at all.  Cry

-OP-
What you were doing equal to CPU mining, so you can search in Google (or wherever you want  Cheesy) "How to start CPU mining" I can say for sure, you will find a lot of guidance about it.

e.g.
https://deeponion.org/community/threads/cpu-mining-for-beginners.20440/

How do you mean web mining with a blog? For web mining you have to connect to other websites and allow them to use your resources, your hardware for mining. It has nothing to do with your own blog or the number  of visitors connected to it.

I think what Bajiguer means is some script that's added to the blog/site that can use visitor CPU resource to mine some coin.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:40:42 PM

I think what Bajiguer means is some script that's added to the blog/site that can use visitor CPU resource to mine some coin.
Oh, I see, thanks for clarifying this. Well, that's pretty awful, illegal, and unwise. Any website owner with decent traffic to their blog wouldn't even consider to exploit their visitors that way. There are legal ways to make money out of that traffic. Running ads, for one.
demitazh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:52:08 PM

Mining on vps will only spend your money to rent vps bro, because the result will not be much. my advice, than you are mining with vps, you better build RIG. Start with a little money

GLOBAL REIT:    The 1st ever Blockchain based
Real Estate Investment Trust  〔 http://globalreit.io/ 〕
jillscarbrough

Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:04:44 PM

Mining on vps will only spend your money to rent vps bro, because the result will not be much. my advice, than you are mining with vps, you better build RIG. Start with a little money
wait..atm isn't the right time to build a mining rig unless it doesn't care about ROI better keep holding the money and keep watching the market.
Geraldo

Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:16:36 PM

Oh, I see, thanks for clarifying this. Well, that's pretty awful, illegal, and unwise. Any website owner with decent traffic to their blog wouldn't even consider to exploit their visitors that way. There are legal ways to make money out of that traffic. Running ads, for one.

My pleasure.
Yeah, I felt the same. Those kinds of mining for short-term only. After that, we can't monetize our blog/site, cause our visitors were gone. Then we got nothing.

From profitabilities sides, you were right. I super agree with you, but I think OP only want to know how to do it (mining using VPS)

wait..atm isn't the right time to build a mining rig unless it doesn't care about ROI better keep holding the money and keep watching the market.

Seems like you were ready with Pop-Corn. #Popcorn time  Wink
andrei.dr

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:02:53 PM

Hi, I need to ask questions about mining in vps.
what would be more functional? some idea of efficient resolution? I have accompanied a lot of story told but nothing concrete I am learning about mining but I did not find any good channel that detailed for beginners laguem with channel to indicate? thank you Wink

Hello! I personally search the internet for some very useful info and now I am ready to begin.... Grin
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:24:48 PM

This tricks in the past already, all vps providers ban you if you mine on hardware
Use vps servers for pos mining

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: