Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:49:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to withstand whales?  (Read 840 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:41:36 PM

lol

i think the OP read an article about OTC trading. and because the concept was new to him.. stupidly thoought that it was new to the whole community and thus must have been the cause of recent events.

sorry dude but OTC trading has been done for years. its  been happening on IRC and skype even as far back as i can remember starting out in 2012.. so its been going on even before that.

as for the other stuff you say about selling high OTC, selling low on exchanges. thats just mumbo jumbo theory

OTC trading... and pump&dump groups are two separate groups of people

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SolutionBase
Copper Member

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:03:57 PM

I don't have an answer, but HODL probably isn't a great strategy, not just for dealing with whales, but in general. The question is - can you imagine a maximum conceivable price for Bitcoin? If you can (if we are assuming that the price can't fundamentally go up forever), then eventually a HODL strategy will invariably screw you. The next question would be, can you imagine when this conceivably high price might come? Obviously no one can. I mean, for all we know, it might have already happened. The point is, HODL needs to be couched with careful analysis.
doge_shit666

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:13:58 PM

If you enter the market long enough you will realize that you have no way of fighting the whales at this time when the market is under a lot of control by wealthy investors. You can win when you follow the whale trend and vice versa you will fail. Let's study this if you want to get results in the cryptocurrency market.
steve_rogers (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:06:32 AM

lol

i think the OP read an article about OTC trading. and because the concept was new to him.. stupidly thoought that it was new to the whole community and thus must have been the cause of recent events.

Yes, you absolutely right, it was definitely new information for me.
Nevertheless I think that OTC trading has great influence on the "basic" market.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:10:53 AM

I think it's important for investors to think long term and to be more nimble than the whales. If you step back, you can see the manipulation happening. They cause prices to plummet just so they can swoop in and get everything for pennies on the dollar.
Huyenchan1006

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:19:40 AM

Instead of fighting whales. To make a profit you should think like a whale and do it faster than a whale.
Seriousbizz

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:15:48 PM

You should actually ride the waves with the whales that is why you should buy when prices go down because there will definitely be a pump by whales which will increase the price then you can just sell and repeat
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:12:02 AM

We cannot really go against a whales since the amount of btc they are holding even reaches to more than a hundred thousand bitcoins. The only way to withstand them is to not go against their movement but to join with their flow. If for example they will dump huge amount of btc and that will cause panic then you started buying bitcoins and when the whales are pumping the coins it is your time to sell them.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:36:15 AM

today many people carry the good name of bitcoin, by bringing the name, they use to deceive many people, so many victims, especially for beginners. and the end, the name of bitcoin become bad in public.

and I think this is the impact of the lack of world attention on bitcoin, the world is trying to cover the bitcoin from the public.
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:49:25 AM

It is hard to beat the whales when you are dolphin. but we can unify together by not doing any panic sell.
so that the whales cannot take the advantages of panic sells done by most peoples.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
sari_

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:55:59 AM

if you want to hold all the assets you have. then can get satisfaction when agan sell it.
agents must have principles and predictions that are good and appropriate in accordance with the target that you are targeting. and that's not something easy. we have a lot to read about the world of crypto. and always exchange opinions to all our friends .
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:33:12 AM

Not much you can do against the whales unless you form a trustwothy community that can act as a whale. However, you cannot really trust anyone in this crypto world, looking at some of the articles these days you cannot even trust your own family let alone strangers
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

If you enter the market long enough you will realize that you have no way of fighting the whales at this time when the market is under a lot of control by wealthy investors. You can win when you follow the whale trend and vice versa you will fail. Let's study this if you want to get results in the cryptocurrency market.
You are right, a common man cannot fight against big whales because they got good money and experience to manipulate the prices. What one can do is to behave according to their investment strategies and not against it. For instance, if you see sudden rise in prices like 100-200% in few days without any solid news, sell the coins.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:37:05 AM

There is nothing we can't do about them. They have enough money to buy and sell as much BTC as they want to and it will always happen because they want to earn money no matter what consequences are. IF you are afraid about your profits then simply hold and don't panic. If you would be interested in trading then you would have a problem because you would not be able to predict the market. Once Bitcoin becomes more popular and expensive, it won't be easy to manipulate its price. Give it some time, you have to withstand it.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
DonateBB

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:41:56 AM

We can not keep up with the whales, so keep an eye out for Crypto prices so that you can surf the net and take profit in the short term, to predict long-term BTC prices. can not.
p4npos

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:52:16 PM

The main thing is not to give in to various news that provoke to sell all your assets in the crypto currency, if you know exactly that whales are interested in it.
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:53:33 PM

What are your suggestions??? I think the only way is just HODL despite the fact of price collapse.
not a good suggestion. there are a lot of options when there is a big drop on the way. HODL is only true when price reaches the bottom and you are too late to do anything else. other than that the dips are a good place to make a huge profit and increase the amount of bitcoin you own.
OP must be long term investor and not a trader.

It's true that anyone could've doubled their BTC if they sold their coins back in december and bought it back again on this bear market. But there are problems doing day to day trades, especially if you're not an experienced trader or someone who can handle the stress and emotions.

OP, if it's true that you're not a trader, you might want to practice it now!

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:47:07 PM

The best thing to do is HODL is not easy. It's hard to see our investment fall. Many people are losing in this game and it's just some people who believe that bitcoin can make a lot of money. Cool
hunterinvest

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:06:44 PM

Be friends with whales and they will be friends with you.

How do you suggest we make friends with the whales. Where are you meeting them? I have met some in other fields but not in crypto!
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:41:23 PM

How to Beat a Whale:

1.) Find a whale that has a daughter (even if she looks like a swamp donkey / if she is hot then that's just a bonus)

2.) Find out as much as you can about his daughter then start interacting with her somehow

3.) Pull out all the stops and get her to fall madly in love with you.

4.) Put a ring on it

5.) Welcome to the Whale league.

Grin Grin - If you can't beat them.....join them...lol

Obviously, this is a joke - had to clarify that cos some folks around here seem to lack a sense of humour.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: