Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:18:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to withstand whales?  (Read 837 times)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:29:06 PM

I really don't care about whales. I go about with my own trading business without minding them. I surf around smoothly without the burden of thinking, "what will the whales be doing next?" At one point, a time came to each of us when we got pissed with the fact that whales could manipulate the market. But it came to me, "why bother?" They have the upper hand!  It's not that I'm being pessimistic, I'm just being optimistic with my own business and not theirs. So today, I don't get affected with what these whales do. I have my own strategy which works best for me.

It's actually quite useful to observe and utilize whale manipulation patterns. Whales manipulating the market means they do the work for you, where if you spot their patterns early enough, you can benefit from their manipulation nearly as much as they themselves do. In current times it looks like large parties are using well coordinated dumps to keep the price where it is right now, all to keep accumulating and to ride the secondary betting market that BitMex offers. There seems to be a very strong correlation between the regular market dumps and the short bets placed on BitMex. I wonder if BitMex is doing anything to track suspicious market activity on their platform, but probably not.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jpaul

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:15:10 PM

Most of the times when the whales take over, we are rendered  helpless as we are most of the times caught in aware, unfortunately there is nothing much that we can do. Instead just hold on to those coins as much as possible

bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:03:06 AM

I think whales is the market controller, they can buy and sell huge amount of coins in the market.
but i think to withstand whales, as a small individuals, we need to unify to overcome them. Let the whales sell and dump their coins.
we dont need to follow dump our coins because the price dropping. and later they will buy back.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
tanjilrifat

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:00:08 PM

You trade and the buy and sell order placed already,  if you see any unusual order with large volume.we need to unify to overcome them.the best you can do is to join pools to invest whales.
abiola1

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:20:22 PM

To Hodl is the single most effective and appropriate way of not feeding whales, but we also have to make a purchase. How wonderful if the plan is done simultaneously by all bitcoin users without exception, but it seems difficult to do because some of us are still many sell bitcoin even though the price is low
abiola1

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:25:41 PM

You exchange and the purchase and offer request set as of now, in the event that you see any surprising request with expansive volume.we need to bind together to defeat them.the best you can do is to join pools to contribute whales.
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:23:49 AM

Maybe the best way to withstand from whales is by ignoring their manipulation price in the market.
As you can see now cryptocurrency market is on the dips. If we sell our coins, it means we are panic selling.
So, not selling at the low price is the best way to withstand whales from my opinion.
leoric251

Activity: 121
Merit: 5

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 05:12:59 AM

Never go all in, never panic buy and sell. The Whales just gonna eat you alive. Play smart.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
JPS2K5

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:08:06 PM

Hey guys, just found a mind-blowing article about whales and "skype trading".

A small group of about twenty over-the-counter (OTC) traders and clients including big investors, miners, payment processors and hedge funds, has reached a monthly trading volume worth billions of dollars. Instead of using an online exchange like Coinbase or Kraken, the participants close major deals chatting on Skype and settle them by sending fiat via bank wires and cryptocurrency directly to each others’ wallets.......

So in December, when common people sold houses and cars or took loans in the bank and bought bitcoin during its unprecedented growth, bankers quietly sold all the bitcoins out of the exchange at high prices, and this did not affect the exchange rate, but when not over-the-counter areas were over, they came to the stock exchanges and the remains of bitcoin were already sold on open exchanges, causing a price collapse.
If a whale wants to buy bitcoin for $ 500 million and go with this amount to the one of top 5 exchanges, such as Poloniex or Binance, he can in one trading session, push the rate one or two thousand dollars up, and that's exactly what he does not need.

What are your suggestions??? I think the only way is just HODL despite the fact of price collapse.

We cannot withstand these whales in the amount of investments but we can defeat them by strategies and plan. These whales exposed the weakness of bitcoin and that is part of their strategy – to destroy the reputable name of the currency while benefiting large income over the years (when price goes mainstream) or their main objective to eliminate the value of the currency because of its potential risk on their mainline (businesses).

bernashka

Activity: 298
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:20:26 AM

If you are already on the crypto market for a sufficient amount of time, you should already understand that we do not have the opportunity to fight whales at this time, when the market is under greater control by rich investors. You can win or fail
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:32:36 PM

I really don't care about whales. I go about with my own trading business without minding them. I surf around smoothly without the burden of thinking, "what will the whales be doing next?" At one point, a time came to each of us when we got pissed with the fact that whales could manipulate the market. But it came to me, "why bother?" They have the upper hand!  It's not that I'm being pessimistic, I'm just being optimistic with my own business and not theirs. So today, I don't get affected with what these whales do. I have my own strategy which works best for me.
I completely support your idea guy. Eliminating the whales out of our head is one of the most effictient way for us to do well our business. I used to wonder why so many people draw their attention to whales, and they don’t know that it’s better off going on their our own way . When one cares about whales, he let whales obstruct their plan, and he even doesn’t know that he is neglected and that would affect him a lot . That’s one of the most popular reason leading many people to failure.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:42:43 PM

A small group of about twenty over-the-counter (OTC) traders and clients including big investors, miners, payment processors and hedge funds, has reached a monthly trading volume worth billions of dollars. Instead of using an online exchange like Coinbase or Kraken, the participants close major deals chatting on Skype and settle them by sending fiat via bank wires and cryptocurrency directly to each others’ wallets.......

So in December, when common people sold houses and cars or took loans in the bank and bought bitcoin during its unprecedented growth, bankers quietly sold all the bitcoins out of the exchange at high prices, and this did not affect the exchange rate, but when not over-the-counter areas were over, they came to the stock exchanges and the remains of bitcoin were already sold on open exchanges, causing a price collapse.
If a whale wants to buy bitcoin for $ 500 million and go with this amount to the one of top 5 exchanges, such as Poloniex or Binance, he can in one trading session, push the rate one or two thousand dollars up, and that's exactly what he does not need.

What are your suggestions??? I think the only way is just HODL despite the fact of price collapse.
The only way to beat whales is Technical analysis. TA can help you in determining short term trades which are highly manipulated. Else, long term investment are best to not fall in FUD created by whales manipulation. Whales try to panic people into selling their holdings to them when their is a chance of bullish trend reversal. This is exactly what happened in June. People panic sell at the lowest support level and fill whales' bags. Here TA could have helped people in making sound tradimg decision.
chetanvineeta

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:11:32 PM

I think HODLing is the only way. If price is going down due to manipulation then surely it will come back to its previous price too. Just HODL and we all be fine.
Abete

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:18:14 PM

even with large ships and sophisticated fishing gear, if the whales can still loose because of the unexpected things, it still does not belong to us (luck). at least we can get yellow fin tuna. while waiting for us to get the whales back, as well as in the crypto world. when bitcoin is down, we can still expect altcoin to benefit us.
walemil

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:20:38 PM

Holding would have been the most appropriate way of dealing with the whales but it is not entirely possible. Even the whales understand that no matter how long you HODL, you will still have a reason to sell at the end. This makes it possible for them to influence the price to their advantage.
brooklynian

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:12:44 PM

Nobody can beat the whales. In fact, it looks as if everyone is at the mercy of the whales because they have the wherewithal to enforce a price to their advantage, either high or low. Holding is very good but for how long can we hold? People can't hold forever because they have needs to meet.
tonysitaly

Activity: 228

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:45:59 AM

Ordinary traders can't resist these whales because we don't have enough money to do them, and the only way to make a profit is to keep your coins in line with whale operations.

Raja_Salman

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:43:45 AM

indeed it takes confidence and patience like the advice you hold back and taking the opportunity that will come to get the price advantage down don't make us afraid and panic
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:57:37 AM

Whether we like it or not whales control everything in the industry including crypto currency, they are the one responsible in price manipulations in stock markets or crypto exchanges. If you buy into their games you’ll get rekt easily, but if you study on how they move markets you’ll get profits easily and avoid being broke.
I agree. You explained it as simple as possible. sadly these price manipulations cant be avoided
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:02:42 AM

I half expected this to be happening. If you think about it, people rich enough to be investing millions in different projects would already have a large network, so it's not far-fetched that they'd decide to invest and act collectively in that investment. There are whales everywhere, in stocks for example.

Sure, hodl but if you can, ride the wave with the whales.
I agree with you fellow. If we cannot fight big waves then just go with it. Go with the flow, makes life easy and pressure less. If not pressured you can think well and decide properly.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: