Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:57:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to withstand whales?  (Read 840 times)
Airbuxf

Activity: 257
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:05:08 AM

We just need to be smart and play their game. Follow the signals and follow the money. We have some very bullish news lately and selling at this moment is the last thing you want to do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:54:39 AM

you don't have to withstand them you have to go with the flow. whales are huge and you will get crushed if oppose the flow. find a suitable strategies fitting to you to maximize your profit.
Teebass001

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:03:47 AM

I found the title of this thread quite hilarious. I don't think it's possible to withstand Whales. Haven't you heard the saying that he who pays the piper dictates the tune. This is a game of money, the more you have the better. Imagine a 1% daily on a $1 million dollars investment. Whales will continue to control this game. All you have to do as a shrimps is to be smart and not be greedy, so you won't get eaten by the Whales. My one cent. Cheers mate

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:06:18 AM

I think if we enter the market long enough we will realize that we don't have a way to fight whales right now when the market is under a lot of control by wealthy investors. If we buy their game, we will get the queen easily, but if we learn about how they move the market, we will benefit easily and avoid losses.
Diane757Clarke

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:14:14 AM

Have a lot of money or at least shark, I think really rich people can be in the race of the boss in the cryptocurrency market. Those who do not have enough money are in the whale's whirlpool.
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:23:38 AM

The whale's approach is to create instant price swings by buying or selling cryptocurrencies in bulk!

The best way to stop them from doing so when they dump a lot of cryptocurrencies is HODL's own cryptocurrency, which requires every investor to do so!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
Ibizugbe1

Activity: 272
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:39:24 AM

I follow the whales to sell when they pump it, and I simply just buy back at cheap rate when they dump, and sell again when they resume the pump madness. I do that over and over again. I never sell when they dump, that will spell doom and never buy when they pump.
Renai0925

Activity: 268

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:50:51 AM

Its just how the world works. But we can't do anything if whales decide for themselves on what to do. Just look at what happened to the captain in Moby Dick. We can't fight them. So best is to go with the flow.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
Privatoria

Activity: 352

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:53:39 PM

I think that we are not able to efficiently withstand whales, but we are able to understand their behavior and prevent their bad influence towards our pockets. We need knowledge and experience for it.
ChocolateMuscles

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:42:42 PM

I think that we are not able to efficiently withstand whales, but we are able to understand their behavior and prevent their bad influence towards our pockets. We need knowledge and experience for it.

You're 100% right: knowledge, experience, and patience. Cool
zcooipo

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:46:19 PM

If most people insist on using HODL, then the market is always green, do you believe it? But just because most people are reluctant to do so, these whales can be so easily controlled!
Wodomi

Activity: 82

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:57:08 PM

We just need to be smart and play their game. Follow the signals and follow the money. We have some very bullish news lately and selling at this moment is the last thing you want to do.
The Pope is the owner of a lot of bitcoin, so he can play the price to make a profit. So it's better to take steps to follow them, because fighting the current makes us lose. The Pope is an investor and speculator, so the turbulence in bitcoin prices makes them excited.
H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 02:15:37 AM

Hey guys, just found a mind-blowing article about whales and "skype trading".

A small group of about twenty over-the-counter (OTC) traders and clients including big investors, miners, payment processors and hedge funds, has reached a monthly trading volume worth billions of dollars. Instead of using an online exchange like Coinbase or Kraken, the participants close major deals chatting on Skype and settle them by sending fiat via bank wires and cryptocurrency directly to each others’ wallets.......

So in December, when common people sold houses and cars or took loans in the bank and bought bitcoin during its unprecedented growth, bankers quietly sold all the bitcoins out of the exchange at high prices, and this did not affect the exchange rate, but when not over-the-counter areas were over, they came to the stock exchanges and the remains of bitcoin were already sold on open exchanges, causing a price collapse.
If a whale wants to buy bitcoin for $ 500 million and go with this amount to the one of top 5 exchanges, such as Poloniex or Binance, he can in one trading session, push the rate one or two thousand dollars up, and that's exactly what he does not need.

What are your suggestions??? I think the only way is just HODL despite the fact of price collapse.

If you are a whale as well, of course you can make the table turn using your money and coins.
but if you are not a whale and just a common crypto investors, we should know the market can be affected by the whales, so we don't panic to decide selling our coins.

rosemary4u

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:33:04 PM

You exchange and the purchase and offer request set as of now, in the event that you see any surprising request with expansive volume.we need to bind together to defeat them.the best you can do is to join pools to contribute whales.
I have always maintained that we should always expect the best to happen to us. You need to maintain a positive mind about bitcoin and never worry about how bad the whales or rich in bitcoin manipulate bitcoin to their benefit. It is a learning process and there is nothing much that you can do.
Wingleness

Activity: 458
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:14:29 PM

A small group of about twenty over-the-counter (OTC) traders and clients including big investors, miners, payment processors and hedge funds, has reached a monthly trading volume worth billions of dollars. Instead of using an online exchange like Coinbase or Kraken, the participants close major deals chatting on Skype and settle them by sending fiat via bank wires and cryptocurrency directly to each others’ wallets.......

So in December, when common people sold houses and cars or took loans in the bank and bought bitcoin during its unprecedented growth, bankers quietly sold all the bitcoins out of the exchange at high prices, and this did not affect the exchange rate, but when not over-the-counter areas were over, they came to the stock exchanges and the remains of bitcoin were already sold on open exchanges, causing a price collapse.
If a whale wants to buy bitcoin for $ 500 million and go with this amount to the one of top 5 exchanges, such as Poloniex or Binance, he can in one trading session, push the rate one or two thousand dollars up, and that's exactly what he does not need.

What are your suggestions??? I think the only way is just HODL despite the fact of price collapse.

Good analysis made but I don't think the best option is to Hodl because while Hodling, price would have dropped drastically and you might not be able to get back your entry price and maybe forced to sell at ridiculously much more lower rates! I would recommend you cut loss as soon as you notice red coming in then buy back at lower rate then sell off much later when there's a pump.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:46:04 PM

To withstand whales ensure your are adequaltely equip with researc base knowledge about the fundamentals of Bitcoin and  price fluctutation, do not panic when prices go down, take advantage and ensure you invest during the bearish period, the future is bright for risk takers. But ensure you save what you can afford to loss.
ELOCIN

Activity: 276

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:19:05 AM

In my own understanding, how can we be so firm against all odds when the market is down due to the whales playing around with their holdings? For me, i will just always keep in mind to always "sell high and buy low" because it's the only way that we can earn good profit in crypto.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
rikybrosh

Activity: 478

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:57:32 AM

The market is being played by capitalist. I really hate if there is people money that gathered is used by few people who only want profit. please keep hold your bitcoin and don't save money in bank. Just keep your money in your home or use it to buy property or gold, don't ket those people use our money to destroy us.

Koenraad Lange

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:17:39 AM

Don't fight the Pope, we will go bankrupt later. So just follow the rhythm of the popes, because they have very much bitcoin. Each of their actions, selling or buying bitcoin, must have a clear goal where the main goal is profit. If we follow their way of thinking, we can make a little profit.
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 02:45:54 AM

I would say, convert your crypto to stable coin/token or in fiat when time is right. This way you would say thanks to whales for profits and also that you got to buy cheap coins.

If you can't defeat them, join them.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███