Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:29:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Call from the Philipines about a Butterfly Labs Discount  (Read 731 times)
LorenzoMoney (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:13:06 PM

Just got a pone call from a young woman, obviously working at a call center in a country, not the United States where the national language is Tagalog who said she was calling on behalf of Butterfly Labs and that they were offering a 20% discount to all previous customers for the purchase of any product on their website.

Of course, I am amazed by that and considering how long everyone had to wait for the previous shipments, am not ready to take a risk with BFL again. But it would mean that their 600 GH Monarch would go for $3744
That is $6.74 per GH.

P.S. Nothing is meant to be disparaging about the Philipines in my message. It is just that it seems BFL is using a commercial call center. What does that mean? Does it mean that BFL is lacking enough sales? Does it mean they are actually selling Monarchs well and merely want to show former customers some gratitude?

Did anyone else get such a phone call?

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LorenzoMoney (OP)

Activity: 335

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:51:01 AM

What is fishy about it? She just said use the discount code when I order.
The issue is, why is BFL cold calling former customers?

I can't remember where, but I've read about something similar before. Only that person spoke about that he thought the call came from India. I wouldn't trust it, seems a bit fishy.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:31:18 AM

I can't remember where, but I've read about something similar before. Only that person spoke about that he thought the call came from India. I wouldn't trust it, seems a bit fishy.

Because BFL provided the call center with the phone numbers of their customers so that they can cold call them with offers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that negate their ToS stating that they would not share their customer's private information with a third party (paraphrased)? Then again, no need to worry, for I'm pretty sure that telemarketers don't share or sell their lists to other telemarketers and, off the top of my head, I can't think of any telemarketer that has ever had their data center hacked.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:41:15 AM

Because BFL provided the call center with the phone numbers of their customers so that they can cold call them with offers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that negate their ToS stating that they would not share their customer's private information with a third party (paraphrased)? Then again, no need to worry, for I'm pretty sure that telemarketers don't share or sell their lists to other telemarketers and, off the top of my head, I can't think of any telemarketer that has ever had their data center hacked.

I'm curious, if a BFL single can buy you out, i wonder would a Jally make you lick off my dogs ass?

Your dignity was fed to dogs when you changed all your tone toward BFL after meeting with them and received a free BFL single. No wonder your wife left you. Cant imagine any woman would live with such coward.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 08:24:05 AM

I'm curious, if a BFL single can buy you out, i wonder would a Jally make you lick off my dogs ass?

Your dignity was fed to dogs when you changed all your tone toward BFL after meeting with them and received a free BFL single. No wonder your wife left you. Cant imagine any woman would live with such coward.

Let me see if I have this straight. I'm one of the main guys that exposed a lot of stuff about BFL to yours, and everybody else's advantage, but since I opted to ONLY tone down the vitriol attacks, you feel that I've been brought out by BFL... Brought out with money reimbursed to me plus the sale of the Single that has all been donated, thus I'm outta pocket, but not complaining. Am I correct? Buddy, whether you believe it or not, we're both on the same team.

Now, I ask you this: Will you, or will you not, be beside me when I expose HashTrade?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: