Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:20:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My biz partner lost over 50 btc trading on MCXnow  (Read 1865 times)
AmericanBit (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:47:55 PM

It was investors money, and he did not have permission. He wont call me back anymore. We are are Incorporated in Florida... Do I sue?
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:48:18 PM

You can slap him silly
AmericanBit (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:55:21 PM

Well yes, but that is just my share. We bought 10k worth of bitcoin with investors money when the price was 115 the day silk road went down. I found those investors. So that 10k is worth 25k now and he wont return my calls...and slapping him silly will definitely occur, I just live in LA and thats why he has been able to take advantage. So I really want the whole 25000 from me and my investors...make more sense?
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 10:18:48 PM

It was investors money, and he did not have permission. He wont call me back anymore. We are are Incorporated in Florida... Do I sue?

You just answered your own question.
I would sue him, if he took that much money from me.
Did you guys sign a contract or something?  That could be very good leverage.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:22:22 PM

So you can attract $10k of investor money, but seek advice on Bitcointalk over an internal trading policy dispute? What am I missing here... ?

AmericanBit (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:33:55 PM

Well yeah Im getting advice from the bitcoiners...i dont think thats weird. This is my first taste of a bitcoin scammer, and I wanted to see what people thought.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:42:14 PM

Well yeah Im getting advice from the bitcoiners...i dont think thats weird. This is my first taste of a bitcoin scammer, and I wanted to see what people thought.

Well, keep trying to contact your business partner and think of ways to make up for the shortfall.

AmericanBit (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:29:30 PM

Well, keep trying to contact your business partner and think of ways to make up for the shortfall.

I call him a hundred times a day...he was my best friend and thats why friends shouldnt do business together. But we were only a mining company. I had no fing clue i would ever have to worry about him losing that much of our money trading on BS coins. And we couldnt take the money out of MCxnow because it would of just been a total loss, we had to keep it in. Anyways, just seeing what people thought. Thanks
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:36:08 PM

Money drives the human insane. Unbelieveble to break with a best friend for dollars.

As he was your best friend, doesn't he lives somewhere near you? Or does he lives in Florida and you in LA as you stated? If you got this businessrelation on contract, you can make a point sueing him. If you don't, I think your screwed.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
battlescars

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:44:26 PM

why are you telling us this on bitcointalk , i cant give any advice as this has personally never happened to me.

AmericanBit (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:02:31 AM

Money drives the human insane. Unbelieveble to break with a best friend for dollars.

As he was your best friend, doesn't he lives somewhere near you? Or does he lives in Florida and you in LA as you stated? If you got this businessrelation on contract, you can make a point sueing him. If you don't, I think your screwed.

Yeah I moved to LA a few years ago, but he is still in florida. I dont think im screwed. Bitcoin is an actually currency as stated by a texas judge. Our business was simply mining and he was not authorized to invest nor did we ever state that company funds would be invested in our business plan. Its called collusion when you take investors money with the intent to do one thing, but then use it for another.

This is 20,000 dollars, and instead of coming clean he just avoided my phone calls for 3 weeks. I dont put up with that, i dont care if its my own mom. THis is a mining business that he sank because he tried to get rich quick and lost. We were unable to buy more mining equipment because of it, so now everyone is screwed. He was a friend, but now he is becoming an enemy. And without money, you can become homeless in this country, so I dont see how that isnt worth a friendship. If I get a disease or illness, money is the only thing that can save me. So I dont think its that unbelievable...money makes the world go round.
EnderHf

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:04:48 AM

Well I would wait a day or two before you go off and try and sue him
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3234

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:16:40 AM

Well the problem is that your customers might sue you, or worse. That might be a good reason to file a criminal complaint against him now -- embezzlement. He could go to jail for that.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 12:18:26 AM

Title is misleading, you should stop at trading and not add "on mcxNOW"
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3234

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:45:52 AM

Well the problem is that your customers might sue you, or worse. That might be a good reason to file a criminal complaint against him now -- embezzlement. He could go to jail for that.

I know, and since he is a friend...I would not do that. But the investors already have half of their investment back and are not in the US. So they will get a small return...its not a total loss. I just wanted to see how this community would handle a situation like that.

What kind of friends do you have? I don't have any "friends" that would steal from me and put me at risk like that. He is not your friend.

And why you are protecting him? That's makes you equally as guilty. Have fun in prison. Don't drop the soap!

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 12:48:46 AM

+1

Title makes mcxNOW look at fault. he could just as easily blown it all on a dice site.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:18:36 AM

+1

Title makes mcxNOW look at fault. he could just as easily blown it all on a dice site.

when I enter this topic I though its time for me to withdraw all my saving in mcxNow...
AmericanBit (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:43:32 AM

+1

when I enter this topic I though its time for me to withdraw all my saving in mcxNow...

well yes, sorry, that could be deceiving...but if it was MCXs fault, i would of posted "MCXnow stole my bitcoin". I guess thats why noobs have to start here  Undecided
punchD

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:49:23 AM

it's your own fault for not watching your coins more carefully
Ann Hashaway

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:16:05 AM

It's a tough one, and you might have to chalk it up as a learning experience. Lawyers can eat through that amount of money pretty quickly, and in the only ones that win are them.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: