Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-11-06 Yahoo Finance : Video commentary on current rally ($15m into BIT)  (Read 3223 times)
leemar (OP)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:36:56 PM

That explains quite a lot, $15m so far invested in the Bitcoin investment trust, second half of video. 

That will have moved the needle quite a bit.

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/bitcoin-rally-213700257.html
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:06:55 AM

Indeed.

Assume that the $15m includes the $2m seed fund. Buying since launch a few weeks ago would iimply an average price between $200-$260. So 13m / 230 equals 56,500 bitcoins bought for long-term investment. Bitstamp and gox must be hammered by btc withdrawals. Unless this brings earlier hoards out of cold storage then a major crash from current price levels seems unlikely.

totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:19:42 AM

For some reason I suspect the steady 1btc per 8 seconds buying bot might be connected to this. It might be how the trust maintains parity as investment comes in.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:21:18 AM

That explains quite a lot, $15m so far invested in the Bitcoin investment trust, second half of video. 

That will have moved the needle quite a bit.

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/bitcoin-rally-213700257.html

Well, there you go.  LOL.

Love to hear the comments from folks who said SecondMarket was "priced in" from the get-go.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:31:51 PM

For some reason I suspect the steady 1btc per 8 seconds buying bot might be connected to this. It might be how the trust maintains parity as investment comes in.

I can tell you with some confidence that the traders for Secondmarket's Bitcoin Investment Trust don't buy on the exchanges.  That isn't to say they don't impact the price on the exchanges.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:10:48 PM

Indeed, the initial news stories all mentioned that they source from miners and other dark/off-exchange sources.

Nice to see you back, proudhon! You should change your avatar to white instead of gray, as a symbol of resurrection.
leemar (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:24:55 PM

At some point this influx will stop/pause and lead to a big correction, but I suspect from 2-3 times above where we are today, and down to 50-100% more than we are at.
gwedo

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:18:54 PM

At some point this influx will stop/pause and lead to a big correction, but I suspect from 2-3 times above where we are today, and down to 50-100% more than we are at.

I would like to see pricefall but I think it could up to $600 for 1 btc and then it could fall to $320 and it will never come back below $100.....

Hello world
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:29:46 PM

I can tell you with some confidence that the traders for Secondmarket's Bitcoin Investment Trust don't buy on the exchanges.  That isn't to say they don't impact the price on the exchanges.

I am very interested to know what other mechanisms exist to purchase bitcoins, the only ones I know of are:

- Exchanges
- Coinbase
- BTC ATMs
- In-person cash sales

In person cash sales & ATMs are not going to provide the $millions in volume needed and coinbase has daily limits and uses exchanges in the back end anyway.

So... Where else can BIT purchase?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 05:45:46 PM

I can tell you with some confidence that the traders for Secondmarket's Bitcoin Investment Trust don't buy on the exchanges.  That isn't to say they don't impact the price on the exchanges.

i thought that second market already holds the btc and sells them to the investors. the investors dont buy at exchanges, right.

leemar (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:52:36 PM

i thought that second market already holds the btc and sells them to the investors. the investors dont buy at exchanges, right.

It started with $2m dollars worth (18,000 btc at the time) but has to buy as people buy into the scheme.  They mention links to around 100 sources, mainly large miners I guess which must be mopping up  a lot of the new liquidity for now, 3600 btc per day at $300 = 1 million dollars new issuance per day.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:58:29 PM

I am very interested to know what other mechanisms exist to purchase bitcoins, the only ones I know of are:

- Exchanges
- Coinbase
- BTC ATMs
- In-person cash sales

In person cash sales & ATMs are not going to provide the $millions in volume needed and coinbase has daily limits and uses exchanges in the back end anyway.

Find one or more large holders, make contracts with them. Something along the lines of agreeing to buy X BTC for Y USD each over Z months, for example. Now you've locked in a price and your liabilities are better known than if you were just going to buy on the exchanges as needed. Chances are, you'll get a pretty decent rate when buying in bulk, too.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:29:49 PM

I can tell you with some confidence that the traders for Secondmarket's Bitcoin Investment Trust don't buy on the exchanges.  That isn't to say they don't impact the price on the exchanges.

- Exchanges
- Coinbase
- BTC ATMs
- In-person cash sales

There are businesses, miners, and other individuals who hold relatively large sums of bitcoins and Secondmarket seeks them out and builds relationships with them.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:39:08 AM

First time I saw a news site use other than MtGox (this time - BitStamp) as their 'official' price metric.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
aenemic

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:55:52 AM

- Exchanges
- Coinbase
- BTC ATMs
- In-person cash sales

There are businesses, miners, and other individuals who hold relatively large sums of bitcoins and Secondmarket seeks them out and builds relationships with them.

Well, that doesnt sound very democratic and fair does it?
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 05:23:59 PM

Well, that doesnt sound very democratic and fair does it?

Is there anything preventing you from seeking out and building relationships with those who hold large sums of bitcoin, and might want to sell?

Didn't think so.

Absolutely democratic and fair.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: