Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 02:31:51 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Headless Display Control - cgminer/bfgminer  (Read 387 times)
ajnozari (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:21:49 PM

So i've been looking around for information on this but I can't seem to find any.

I'd like to create a remote system that uses PHP and calls to my servers to start/stop/monitor them.

Currently I have the RPC setup so I can monitor the miners.  This is the easy part since they have RPC calls to get status from them.  However, I was wondering if it was possible to send commands to them?  I can use PHP's exec to start and stop them (since it's not hard to get the PID).  However, I can't find a way to send them information.

e.g. update pool information, update worker information, etc.

IF this isn't possible I'll just use PHP to stop, then recall the instance using exec but if there is a "cleaner" way I'd appreciate it.

((Yes I get that I could write a class to do all of this for me, but I'd rather not at this time)).

Extra Info:

I manage 30+ miners that mine both BTC and LTC and we (the group I work with) use multiple workers per miner.  I know load balancing exists but I'm unsure of how it works/what it is.  I doubt it applies since we like to manage workers individually but it's worth a shot.

Thanks in advance for any information.

AJ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: