Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:58:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bubble?  (Read 2588 times)
ninjafocus100

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:56:23 AM

Yes, I believe that this price trend can not sustain for long.. It might go to 500 before going down to 300. Just speculation though... no data or proof to back my claim. Trade at your own risk!  Grin
Tun84

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:46:04 AM

When I recently saw BTC cross the old April peak of around 266 I was pretty sure it had a way to go higher before crashing.  My reasoning is as follows.  In April when BTC hit 266 and crashed it had only been trading above 200 for like 2-3 days.  The price was just going crazy.  When we recently crossed 266 we had been trading above 200 for like two weeks.  We did not merely tap the 200's like April.  This time the price rose more slowly and approached 200 and retreated a few times before breaking through.  Now we are trading above 400 and making new record highs every few days.  At some point (probably after a big day with $60-$100 up move) this will end for awhile with a crash but I don't think it will crash down to fifty dollars like in April.   
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 02:14:21 PM

You do realize that the price is pretty much holding steady around $400 for days now, and you're waiting for the "bubble" to pop?
That's not the definition of a bubble.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
OTK47

Activity: 59

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:09:35 PM

A bubble can last for years, so we could be in a bubble up to $10,000 and then it pops
msc_de

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:28:22 PM

There have been two major bubbles so far.

The first one was in June 2011. The price rose by a factor of about 40 in two months before it fell back to about 3 times where it started.

The second one was in April 2013. The price rose by a factor of about 20 in two months before it fell back to about 4 times where it started.

The latest rise started about one month ago and has risen only by a factor of 2. If this is a bubble like the previous two, then I expect the price to rise to $2500 - $5000 over the next month and then crash back down to $375 - $500.

OMG, but looks like reasonable Cheesy
gongomanny

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

Ɓιтcσιη

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:33:15 PM

You do realize that the price is pretty much holding steady around $400 for days now, and you're waiting for the "bubble" to pop?

Few days stable price means nothing. We will know it was a bubble only after crash Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:01:05 PM

Few days stable price means nothing. We will know it was a bubble only after crash Smiley
Last bubble --> price crashed in 1 day.
So this is not a bubble, stop talking nonsense and get your facts straight.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:29:52 PM

What is Bubble ? Is this some kind of game or you refer bubble for bitcoins ? I really didnt understand your point of view.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:30:31 PM

What is Bubble ? Is this some kind of game or you refer bubble for bitcoins ? I really didnt understand your point of view.
There you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_bubble .

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:31:28 PM

Did someone say bubble?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:45:29 PM

It's a strong rally that will eventually correct downward, probably quite abruptly. I'm not sure I like the term "bubble" at this point in the rally's cycle -- not yet. We need faster growth for that. I'm not sure what to think -- but I am starting to think $500 or slightly more may be the mid-term top.
Altoidnerd

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

http://altoidnerd.com

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 07:14:06 AM

I'm a bit late on the bitcoin bandwagon..
I bought just one coin at 250$, just to get some experience. Would it be worth buying any more at its current price of ~310$, for some more profits.
Its either going to pop or go to 500+
What do people think, am I too late?

I'm going to take your questions very seriously here.  No, you are not too late to become wealthy beyond your wildest expectations through the use of bitcoin.  But because you started late, it'll require a lot of patience on your part.  Patience and belief.  Don't fuckin sell the coins.  Just make sure that # keeps growing.

I recall the moment when I said to myself "holy shit, I have a lot of money in bitcoin right now."  It's a sweet rush and I hope you attain that height.  Golden rule.  Keep the damn coins.

Do you even mine?
12gKRdrz7yy7erg5apUvSRGemypTUvBRuJ
Altoidnerd

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 07:14:41 AM

It's a strong rally that will eventually correct downward, probably quite abruptly. I'm not sure I like the term "bubble" at this point in the rally's cycle -- not yet. We need faster growth for that. I'm not sure what to think -- but I am starting to think $500 or slightly more may be the mid-term top.

I would love $500 bitcoins right now.

Do you even mine?
12gKRdrz7yy7erg5apUvSRGemypTUvBRuJ
jzcjca00

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:37:03 PM

Do you guys think this is a start of another bubble or will it be a lasting upward trend?

The Tao of Bitcoin

As more people learn of Bitcoin, many of them buy, and the price goes up.

Sometimes people get too excited, and it goes up too fast, too far.  A correction ensues, many of those newcomers sell in a panic, and it goes down too fast, too far.  The day traders thank those who bought high and sold low in a panic.

It always lands considerably higher than the starting point.  There is often then a short period of sideways movement at a level somewhat below the peak, and then the cycle starts again.

In fact, it might be starting all over again today.  Press mentions have been high recently, so money should be flowing in.  Expect things to really accelate a few days after the flurry of press as Bitcoin crosses $1000.

Sadly, while my crystal ball tells me there will be another run up, panic buying, a flash crash, panic selling, then some sideways movement, it does not tell me how high or how low.  If it could tell me that, it would be worth its weight in bitcoin.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: