Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:05:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io Is Gone I'm Calling It A Scam  (Read 8202 times)
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:14:56 AM

The only web wallet that's worth using is coin base.

coinbase could run like inputs too

I doubt, but I wouldnt trust US based wallet, the coins can be frozen and seized at any time coinbase receive oder from DoJ
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 09:33:41 AM

Don't use web wallets.

Seriously - it always ends in tears.

Cute Dog.... What wallets do you recommend? I personally use Coinbase.com and that is because they are licensed and a regulated business in California good old USA. You can actually visit the office.

And for the same exact reason I used InstaWallet, albeit in the good ol' France. Can't wait to get my 1,100+ BTC back. Last time I saw my sweet babies was late March of this year, then April Fools rolled around...
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2118

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:51:40 AM

Actually I've been waiting for this. It's really bad for the reputation of the Bitcoin world, especially a lot of newbies using inputs.io wallets.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:52:50 AM

What fraction is this of their entire cold storage amount, I wonder? What happened to their cold wallet?

This silliness is getting plain funny.

Thankfully I only lost a small amount (.17) that I had received for just having the ad on my page.  Now I am ticked I even advertised at all for them though!   Angry 

Ha, and there was me thinking all the people advertising for them were inputs.io Staff... People with ads in their sigs should be careful! Shocked

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:56:33 AM

1st--
who in their right mind would store bitcoins on inputs.io

2nd--
who actually believes it was "hacked"

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
adworker

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:02:56 AM

1st--

For small amount it was fine because of free transactions.

2nd--

Actually I do, it is tough to get secure system

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 10:07:08 AM

1st--

For small amount it was fine because of free transactions.

2nd--

Actually I do, it is tough to get secure system

It's not tough to not keep a million dollars worth of bitcoins in a fuckng hot wallet, after claiming to use cold storage. No system is perfectly secure, that's why you don't do that, it's a rookie thing to do and I don't see TF doing that after his security lectures on everyone else.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Naruto.me

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:25:59 AM

I lost some Faucet money in there too.
local wallet is too slow( i means download the chain) . I would slower when bitcoin is used widely.

I thinks the trend will be online wallet (of course we need more secure mechanism)

Just keep bitcoin-qt opened, it will be sync some day, they leave it opened, you'll contribute to the network as a full node, and your wallet will always be ready to use.  Just make backup of the wallet file, and use armory to paper backup your cold storage from an offline computer.

I have bitcoin-QT , inputs.io , blockchain, and coinbase account.
I backup my wallet everyday. I use inputs only because the Faucet.

If bitcoin can be generally accept in the future. You must keep some in your pocket (whether is phone wallet or online wallet) cos U need it for transaction. I think it is inevitable. Thus it will still happen in the future
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:50:17 AM

Actually I've been waiting for this. It's really bad for the reputation of the Bitcoin world, especially a lot of newbies using inputs.io wallets.

I would hope that there are NOT a lot of newbies using inputs.io, given that the bitcoin.org "Choose your wallet" page doesn't list it and in fact contains explicit warnings about using web wallets.

It always amazes me that anyone uses these services at all. inputs.io is not the first bank-like operation to get hacked this way.

The whole point of Bitcoin is you can be in control of your own money. Why on earth would someone purchase some coins, and then give them to someone else? Just use MultiBit, or Hive, or MacWallet, or Armory or Bitcoin-Qt. The first three are all really fast and can sync with the block chain in just a few seconds.
Dragooon

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:58:02 AM

Crap, I had a couple of BTC there just to try it out and the damn thing get's hacked after a couple of days...

▒ NOW token ▒ by ChangeNOW ▒ Get the WIN! ▒
ChangeNOW - an instant Non-custodial Exchange Service  (( changenow.io ))
Whitepaper  ▓  Telegram  ▓  Twitter  ▓  Facebook  ▓  Medium  ▓  Reddit  ▓  Bounty Thread
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:58:50 AM

This just in: Full tradefortress docs

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=326914.new#new

or is this really just tradefortress planting false information to cover his tracks and hide his true identity. you be the judge.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
punchD

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:46:36 AM

let's all leave him negative trust!
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:13:28 PM

Sorry for the OT but why the online machine need more than 8GB of RAM?
The stable version of Armory loads the entire blockchain into RAM.

The testing version will fix that.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:21:50 PM

I moved to this section from the Donator section a topic which I created to scrutinize Tradefortress activities:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211169.0

Please, read all carefully. You will find out that Tradefortress is involved in fraudulent activities since his inception in this forum. The tragic part is that Theymos, the administrator of this forum, gave special treatment to him, even after I produced the evidence which shows Tradefortress has been involved in the creation of sock puppets to dupe the forum participants.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:27:12 PM

TradeFortress:

I hope you make sure that the mail address of the sender is his real address, as anyone can send a mail claiming to be any sender! So, i would insist on at least one reply from the one requesting refunds to make sure nobody else was using his address.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
amhmck

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:27:47 PM

just got a reply from tradefortress ,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=326881.msg3508178#msg3508178
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:55:44 PM

I strongly urge anyone who has lost their coins in this incident (or any other of Mr. Wang's schemes) to please report the matter to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (even if you're not Australian). Don't worry, the Australian government is moderately on-the-ball when it comes to Bitcoin, and they will be most interested to know that an unlicensed bank has "lost" over a million dollars of it. I'd do it myself except that I'm not personally involved in any of these schemes, and I don't really know all the details of this case (though I'll probably report it anyway if nobody else does, though it's not likely to do any good unless one or more actual victims come forward).

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 01:24:04 PM

I moved to this section from the Donator section a topic which I created to scrutinize Tradefortress activities:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211169.0

Please, read all carefully. You will find out that Tradefortress is involved in fraudulent activities since his inception in this forum. The tragic part is that Theymos, the administrator of this forum, gave special treatment to him, even after I produced the evidence which shows Tradefortress has been involved in the creation of sock puppets to dupe the forum participants.

Jesus there's a lot of shady stuff there..

vpitcher07

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:28:21 PM

To all the people bashing those who have webwallets - the reason i have a web wallet is because probably 7 months ago I managed to get a virus which stole my private key from my local wallet. Lucky for me there wasn't much coin to be stolen but none the less i learned that no matter how good you think you are with computers people always make mistakes. I was stupid.  I personally feel my bitcoin is more secure on a web wallet (like blockchain.info) then on my computer. Obviously cold storage is your best bet but annoying to access funds.

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
ksteve96

Activity: 624
Merit: 125

alcedoplatform.com

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 03:47:58 PM

To all the people bashing those who have webwallets - the reason i have a web wallet is because probably 7 months ago I managed to get a virus which stole my private key from my local wallet. Lucky for me there wasn't much coin to be stolen but none the less i learned that no matter how good you think you are with computers people always make mistakes. I was stupid.  I personally feel my bitcoin is more secure on a web wallet (like blockchain.info) then on my computer. Obviously cold storage is your best bet but annoying to access funds.

So if you had all your BTC on inputs you just got taken for the 2nd time ( you didn't say you did ).  If anyone should realize how important your last sentence is, it should be you.

People keep their fiat currency safe, but when it comes to BTC most are just lazy.  Web wallets will always be around, and they will always be hacked.  This situation isn't going to change anything, most people don't learn from others past mistakes; they just think, "Oh, that sucks, good thing that could never happen to me." 

𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗘𝗗𝗢  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Making Cryptocurrencies Accessible For Everyone!         Made in
██████████████████████████████████████████       GERMANY
     𝗔𝗡𝗡     𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿     𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸     𝗧𝘄𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿     𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺     𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆     𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺              🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: