Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:14:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Staking or Mining?  (Read 732 times)
abnoy

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:15:34 AM

i prefer staking because all you need to do is posting other than mining and you need a good spec of computer and video card means you need capital to go mining

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
Dmcuibap

Activity: 284
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:19:48 AM

Mining is POW(Proof of work) which can up by using better GPU and ASIC for mining, Staking is POS(Proof of Stakes) which can up by hold more coin and become master node. Both mining currently work on almost blockchain nowaday but in the future POS dont consum energy because you can participate in mining by your laptop, very simple way. Choose what you and communities want
Psynthax

Activity: 2338
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:32:28 AM

In my personal ideal, staking will cost you money to buy those coins and that could be risky if the market is falling down. But with mining, you can actually sell all the hardwares if the market is fallen and the price of hardwares only affects a little bit not like holding coins when you're doing the "Stacking" method.
But that depends on how much power you can produce through your mining rigs, it may better if do any calculation through cryptocompare calculator to get how profit for your mining activities.
it looks like a new miners are needed so many mining rigs to get decent power to produce the profit anytime.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:18:20 AM

Which do people prefer? Staking/Masternodes or mining?
Depending on your configuration, you will be able to select Staking / Masternodes or mining accordingly. Masternodes need to invest in assets and the value may be zero at any time! mine I think will be more effective
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 05:28:46 AM

There is also to consider that with staking you are going to need a lot of coins to stake to be competitive, so you are going to need a substantial investment in the begin as well.
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:35:20 AM

The mining process of involved to altcoin staking business.Mining is the term used for finding poof of work hashing blacks. staking is the term used for Proof of Stake temporarily unspendable coins, reserved on the network blocks.A new block is mined or staked approximately every the seconds.Both are a means of consensus, and both reward the successful miner or staker are coins.Mining requires doing work using electricity to power machines that perform to the produce blocks and earn coins. Staking generally requires those that are staking to lock up their coins for some period of time can't spend the coins for a staker to have a chance of being selected to produce a block and collect the block reward on mining process.
Ciucas

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 07:02:03 AM

I prefer staking because in my opinion mining is very bad for the enviornment- it wastes so much energy power.
However, staking is more risky- because you need to buy coins which might decrease in price, especially in bear markets.

Sam$oN

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:19:04 AM

At the moment, it is better to invest or participate in the bounty. The market of video cards is not only expensive but also overloaded. The main supplier of NVidia does not have time to produce graphics cards even at such an expensive cost. And recently read that they made some kind of a agreement and half of the pipelines will move the production of other equipment. Therefore, even if miners liberate the market, prices will still be high. The result is one, mining is not profitable against the background of the fact that the complexity will increase.
Yakapo

Activity: 203

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:26:50 AM

Id settle for staking, the coins are currently cheaply available and very affordable, acquiring them is much easier. Mining can be costly especially when the cost of electricity is high
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:29:57 AM

It really depends on whan you like more. To begin staking it will be enough for you just to buy needed amount of cryptocurrency, but for mining you need to have miners/place for it and also pay for electricity.
coinman45

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:32:40 AM

It is simple. Go for staking if you don't have enough cash for investment. Because as we know, mining needs a big amount of cash to start with. Also, with the current price of the coins right now (mining is dead for now)? I'd choose staking than mining.
Marma Kalari

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:35:54 AM

I am not going to spend my money on mining equipment as i could use that money for something useful or even purchase the coin you are going to mine, staking is the best option, but i have not seen any good coins that are highly profitable but i am staking a couple of coins, if anyone here knows any good staking coins i would like to know.

▄ ▄▀▀▄  ▄
             ███████
   █████   ▄█▀▀█████▀▀█▄
 ███████████▄██████▄██
██████████████ ▄
██▄█████▄██▀█▀▀█▀██▄█
█▄██▀▄▄███▄█▀▀█▄▀█▀▄█▀▀█▄
 █████▄▀▀▄▀███████▀▄▀
   ▀██████▀▄▀▀▄███▄▀▀▄▀█
       ███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██
        ▀▀▄████████████▄▀
           ▀▀▄███████▄▀
              ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
KittieFIGHT

Discord | Reddit | Linkedin
██████████████████████
█████████████▀▀▀██████
███ ▀███████     ▀▄███
███   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
████▄             ████
█████             ████
██████▄          █████
██████▀        ███████
██▀▀        ▄▄████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀██████
██████████▀     ██████
██████████   █████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀███████
████████       ███████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀███
██████████▀▀▀      ███
████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
█▄         ▄█▀    ████
████▄▄   ▄█▀      ████
███████▄█▀       █████
█████████  ▄     █████
█████████ ███▄  ██████
██████████████████████
always1337

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:37:33 AM

It is simple. Go for staking if you don't have enough cash for investment. Because as we know, mining needs a big amount of cash to start with. Also, with the current price of the coins right now (mining is dead for now)? I'd choose staking than mining.
Yes of course staking is more simple then mining but just remember , easy thing will be dangerous and less profits then hard stuffs. Mining isn't dead at all, right now miners are gathering the cheapest hardwares and wait for the next pump to plug in all their ants again.

fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:52:12 AM

mining is a normal thing, my friend is seriously engaged in this process. accordingly, he invested a good amount in the booty, and constantly improves his farm. investment in coins is also very interesting topic and it is necessary to make a lot of efforts for this. the choice is yours

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
adamgilbert912 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 04:16:23 PM

Yes.. I just confusing too about staking or mining, mining is more difficult for me cause I will need a hardware.
Staking I just affraid if on the project will scam. so can you guys give me some advice?

That's a good point, you think there's more risk associated with staking rather than mining?

Need help setting up your Masternode? Having Trouble?

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 04:19:32 PM

mining is a normal thing, my friend is seriously engaged in this process. accordingly, he invested a good amount in the booty, and constantly improves his farm. investment in coins is also very interesting topic and it is necessary to make a lot of efforts for this. the choice is yours

But what would be your choice?

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:21:43 PM

Staking is more profitable & affordable, as in mining you have to buy expensive GPU or antminer, due to a high demand for GPU cards nowadays the price of GPU's are touching to the sky. Also, mining requires high electricity consumption & computational power to mine, and as a result, you have to pay high electricity bill & profit will be very less, so mining is not profitable as it was before. Staking your coins in a wallet or running a master is a good choice as you just need a laptop with an internet connection & just hold your coins in wallet & you will be getting 5~15% dividend annually depending on the type of POS based coin & amount of coins you are holding.

Mining apparatus are now so expensive due to the difficulty risen up got by the crypto's but if you consider to risk with the latest GPU's and other things then maybe you will gain more money with that since you could stake the coins that you mine. But apparently not all people can afford to buy high end GPU's so rather I think many of them would prefer to choose the staking.

Wow I am actually getting feel for the POS based coins after getting down with the mining of the alts. I fired up my ETH based mining in mid year of 2017 but soon after the prices dropped the income was so much less that it could not even bear the cost of electricity. That was really really depressing to me and I could not do anything but sold out my GPU based mining rig. I tried to do all I can by outsourcing the electricity with direct short wiring (Do not try on your own, I used expert help and its not legal) but it did not work for long as ETH prices dropped even further and not able to generate the ROI. I will learn more about the POS this time and will try to hold my coins in the wallet. It seems far easier and safer to me than the mining.
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:22:26 PM

I dont like mining because it needs alot of materials in order to dig and mine coins. But, staking is easy, it can run on a pi/vps and it doesnt cost a lot of money to install and start collecting profits but its not that big deal if the network size gets bigger and bigger..
i must pick up day trading and never choose mining or staking.
adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 04:23:01 PM

I prefer staking because in my opinion mining is very bad for the enviornment- it wastes so much energy power.
However, staking is more risky- because you need to buy coins which might decrease in price, especially in bear markets.

But wouldn't mining be just as risky because the value of your coins could drop and then you may not make back your investment, right?

adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 04:25:08 PM

I dont like mining because it needs alot of materials in order to dig and mine coins. But, staking is easy, it can run on a pi/vps and it doesnt cost a lot of money to install and start collecting profits but its not that big deal if the network size gets bigger and bigger..
i must pick up day trading and never choose mining or staking.

You don't think day trading is more risky than staking or mining?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: