Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:43:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Staking or Mining?  (Read 730 times)
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:29:19 PM

Which do people prefer? Staking/Masternodes or mining?

I do prefer staking than mining because in mining you to invest alot of money to buy many powerful GPU which is currently expensive due to demand. Staking investment is much profitable because you'll get to choose in what range of price you will buy a specific coin, unlike mining it will take some time to  earn your capital. So Staking all the way.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:30:25 PM

The last time mining becomes more of a monopoly business. I do not know whether the founders of the coins will apply protection from asics so mining GPU may disappear. Buying expensive equipment now is very risky. I think that the best option for an easy start is trading.
Rexpax

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:34:49 PM

Mining requires a lot of electricity consumption and computational power to mine the coins. GPU or ASICs are quite expensive. When buying ASICs you are always at a rist that the hash algorithm or difficulty will change and you can throw the equipment in garbabe. GPU's are less risky but you need to take constant care of your rigs. I would prefer staking. Looking forward to Tezos mainnet release.

adamgilbert912 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 04:38:33 PM

Yes.. I just confusing too about staking or mining, mining is more difficult for me cause I will need a hardware.
Staking I just affraid if on the project will scam. so can you guys give me some advice?

I personally think that staking is a much better option if you choose a good coin with a good team behind it. You have complete control of the collateral of coins you have to buy whereas with mining, you have to make an initial investment into hardware which can be very expensive. In addition, you don't have pay for the crazy electric bills that come along with mining. And lastly, if you run a masternode, you can get a much higher ROI.

Need help setting up your Masternode? Having Trouble?

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
waton gayeng

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:51:47 PM

Both mining are currently working in almost blockchain now but in the future POS does not consume energy because you can participate in mining. a very simply way. choose what you and the public want.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:53:31 PM

Most people now here in crypro world is staking 'cause doing mining and etc is not easy and need large capital to provide good hardware for it that's why most people now is participating in different projects to gain stake . Which is just efforts and  without working hard they can gain profits from it.  
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:56:58 PM

Mining requires a lot of hardware setup, high electricity cost and high hardware maintenance. In order to race the mining difficulty and profitability, you need to upgrade the hardware from time to time. Unlike staking it requires less hardware setup and less electricity cost even a low-end cpu or laptop can do the staking. Besides mining is not an environment-friendly as it generates more heat and loud noise and may sound unpleasant to neighbors if mining is within residential areas.
IsuruMaduranga

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

Block chain enthusiast

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:02:56 PM

Staking. Mining requires extensive processing power and takes huge power.
According to latest data
Bitcoin consumes 0.27% of world's electricity consumption which is roughly equal to 60 TWh. Cost is roughly $3,000,000,000. So much waste.
Bitcoin is not the only block chain which use POW. So the total power consumed by the blockchains is way more higher than that.
So it is time to move to POS (staking)

☆ FLUX ☆
GAMING ECOSYSTEM
17 - 24 April Public Sale
jozymens7

Activity: 392

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 06:09:20 PM

I personally prefer setting up masternodes...

You COMPLETELY control the collateral and the ROI is often MUCH better than staking and mining.

However, they can be pretty difficult to set up. But I found this cool service that guides you through the entire process for only $50 and can get your masternode set up in only a couple hours...

Here's a link to the thread >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738
Considering the start up fees, I will go in for staking/masternode because the necessary things needed to set up the mining process alone can set up 4 to 10 masternodes at a time with high profit with what I have seen. Moreover, mining consumes more energy than staking so I will go in for masternode over mining

afridi90

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:32:03 PM

mining is the best way to earn either masterdone you can solve gpu problems and its easy to use but masternode setup is very dificult so in this regards mining with gpu is best
usd.dev

Activity: 266

✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:20:55 PM

In general, I do not know how to compare these two terms. This is generally a different technology. I believe that the best thing is the combination of these two technologies. It gives the maximum number of positive moments. Big coin keepers - do not run, mining coins - ensure the stability of the network.

dlastdon

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:55:15 PM

thank you for culling up of this information! am going to follow it up to set up my master node, for staking and lending programs I don't want to go that path again! I have lost some real money in some Ponzi and MLM staking/lending program, like bitconnect (BCC),  davorcoin etc. my advice on staking is not an investment and is sustainable please stay away!
mayu13

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:51:33 PM

I prefer staking than mining because i don't have any means to do mining. I'm still lacking needed hardwares to do it. I only have my mobile phone so staking is much more effective for me. I can do bounties conveniently anywhere i go and anytime i have spare hours from my formal job.
hiddenmist

Activity: 199

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:21:18 AM

You COMPLETELY control the collateral and the ROI is often MUCH better than staking and mining.

However, they can be pretty difficult to set up. But I found this cool service that guides you through the entire process for only $50 and can get your masternode set up in only a couple hours...

I think staking is the best of all because it doesn't need a huge amount or required coins to stake while master nodes needs a lot of money to be able to join. Hardware mining is also need a lot of money to assemble a rig and needs a technical knowledge.

chicken Campus

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:28:55 AM

From my point of view, Mining has become an industrial business, and you also need a large amount of cheap hardware and power sources. And it is dedicated to generating from mining while stalking or master node however still profitable for individuals and small groups of enthusiasts and businesses.
daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:44:06 AM

Mining nowadays is not possible on ordinary CPUs rather you need expensive ASIC hardware like antminers to mine BTC and other cryptos profitably. Mining hardware also eats too much electricity, that's why mining compared to staking take time to give you profit. Staking your coins in a special wallet is just a one-time investment compared to continuous spending on mining hardware.
r.bhalla07

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:49:07 AM

In both of them we compare then I choose only mining we it take time but if it works we become rich as we think.

FilmBusinessBuster.com
» A GAME CHANGER for the Film Industry  «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 04:54:16 AM

Staking requires only a personal computer,staking wallet and coins but mining require huge investments with good mining hardware and also it consume huge electricity power. Staking give you profit with low investment but mining is not possible with low investment.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:14:46 AM

Mining has became an industrial business, you require a huge amount of hardware and cheap source of electricity and dedicated workers to yield from mining while staking or masternode is someway still profitable for individuals and small groups of enthusiast and business.
But what you think about cloud mining?
When I can buy some part of huge farm and earn money.
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:34:06 AM

The last time mining becomes more of a monopoly business. I do not know whether the founders of the coins will apply protection from asics so mining GPU may disappear. Buying expensive equipment now is very risky. I think that the best option for an easy start is trading.
Mining is for the people that already have money. If they have a strong mining rig then it would be a different story.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███