Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:50:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Staking or Mining?  (Read 730 times)
adamgilbert912 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 02:29:58 PM

Mining has became an industrial business, you require a huge amount of hardware and cheap source of electricity and dedicated workers to yield from mining while staking or masternode is someway still profitable for individuals and small groups of enthusiast and business.
But what you think about cloud mining?
When I can buy some part of huge farm and earn money.

But what happens when mining becomes unprofitable? And also, I'm pretty sure you can have a much higher ROI with staking or having a masternode.

Need help setting up your Masternode? Having Trouble?

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:59:32 PM

I believe that mining has grown to an extremely industrial scale, requiring huge investments at the start and a long payback period.

Do you think staking/masternodes will reach that scale?
Masternodes will reach that scale, just like dash coin and that gives requirement to the everyone interested to become the masternode to have at least 1000 dash coin. It looks like the majority of profit from staking and masternode method has been dedicated to the whales. If the requirements to become masternode will become more and more difficult and it will reach that level.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
ezajavo

Activity: 405
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:54:09 PM

I think staking is more realistic for most people, but both take a fairly decent investment to see any real rewards. 
Both have their advantages/disadvantages. If you stake, you're heavily invested in said coin. If you mine, you're invested, but you can always change coins. Further, if the whole market goes sour, you can recoup some costs via selling the hardware.
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:49:25 AM

i prefer staking because it is low cost on spend resource such as electricity and mining tools.
but staking coins are usually more expensive than mineable coins in the market.

danielnamit

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:57:58 AM

If you need money in a short period of time and you have mining rig, I suggest to mine because in mining although sometimes it is low profit, it is 100% sure that you will earn unlike in staking that it takes months just to have exchanger.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
mukuro04

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:16:59 AM

Due to mining in bitcoin the price of cimputer parts went up high especially gpu. And it wall take a high amount of electricy too. So i prefer staking rather than mining due to these conditions
ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:22:07 AM

I think it's more profitable to become a mining because with the mining you can get more profit and the machine you use is very stable so as not to make damage to your machine.
adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:44:17 AM

I think it's more profitable to become a mining because with the mining you can get more profit and the machine you use is very stable so as not to make damage to your machine.

There's many coins that run good masternodes that offer a higher ROI than mining. Have you ever heard of masternodes?

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:46:23 AM

Due to mining in bitcoin the price of cimputer parts went up high especially gpu. And it wall take a high amount of electricy too. So i prefer staking rather than mining due to these conditions

Agreed. Have you tried setting up a masternode?

adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:48:58 AM

If you need money in a short period of time and you have mining rig, I suggest to mine because in mining although sometimes it is low profit, it is 100% sure that you will earn unlike in staking that it takes months just to have exchanger.

With masternodes though, you can earn rewards every single day much like mining. And there's often a higher ROI as well. Do you know about masternodes or have you tried setting one up before?

adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:50:32 AM

I believe that mining has grown to an extremely industrial scale, requiring huge investments at the start and a long payback period.

Do you think staking/masternodes will reach that scale?
Masternodes will reach that scale, just like dash coin and that gives requirement to the everyone interested to become the masternode to have at least 1000 dash coin. It looks like the majority of profit from staking and masternode method has been dedicated to the whales. If the requirements to become masternode will become more and more difficult and it will reach that level.

Have you tried setting one up before?

Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:59:46 AM

Not necessarily the most profitable but staking is the most affordable of the three options. Not everyone can afford buying expensive equipments for mining and not everyone has the means to buy required coins/tokens for masternodes.
nguyenthicamtu

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:37:44 AM

I am also reseaching about this problem. I see staking seem more easy to set up than masternode. Thanks for your information!
FrankWatsonJr

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 06:10:05 AM

Which do people prefer? Staking/Masternodes or mining?

I personally prefer setting up masternodes...

You COMPLETELY control the collateral and the ROI is often MUCH better than staking and mining.

However, they can be pretty difficult to set up. But I found this cool service that guides you through the entire process for only $50 and can get your masternode set up in only a couple hours...

Here's a link to the thread >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738

I am a MN person. The cost of hardware is not worth it.

Raggie

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:07:38 AM

prefer mining because if you have a nice mining tools, you can get many from it.
but some peoples prefer to staking. Staking don't require mining tools, but you need to buy coins more to gain more when staking.
adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 12:03:11 PM

I am also reseaching about this problem. I see staking seem more easy to set up than masternode. Thanks for your information!

Yeah I agree masternodes can be pretty complicated to set up, but the ROI is often much higher.

There's a team of masternode professionals that have a service called, setupmasternodes.com, and they guide you step-by-step through the setup process.

It's only $50 right now for a limited time. 

Here's a link to their Bitcointalk thread >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Anchor867

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:20:00 PM

I prefer mining over staking because unlike with mining i know it is expensive but whenever you need it you can just get it anytime you want and unlike with staking it is not expensive but you need to wait a lot
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:23:41 PM

Which do people prefer? Staking/Masternodes or mining?

I personally prefer setting up masternodes...

You COMPLETELY control the collateral and the ROI is often MUCH better than staking and mining.

However, they can be pretty difficult to set up. But I found this cool service that guides you through the entire process for only $50 and can get your masternode set up in only a couple hours...

Here's a link to the thread >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738
Staking is better, it is the future, we can´t mine with graphic cards forever! It damages our planet!

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
IntraCoin

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:25:58 PM

Staking is definitely the way to go. Doesn't require any expensive hardware, easy to run. You can literally set it and forget it. More profitable once you consider the expenses and time investment long-term. You cna also easily implement across several coins. Something most can't do with masternodes or mining.
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:30:33 PM

Mining is not profitable as it used to be. Staking and Masternodes are still a good way though. But I guess I would put my money on bounty hunting as well. I've been making a living with this for some time now and it's been going great... I failed so hard in the beginning but nowadays, it's a breeze.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: