Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:30:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mastercoin!  (Read 1620 times)
d'aniel (OP)

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:01:49 AM

What's up with all the Mastercoin spam in this subforum?  Can you guys try to be a bit more respectful of the other projects and not start a new thread for every single subtopic?  I just counted 19 so far.  I understand you're trying to grow your "mindshare", but it's becoming annoying to even visit here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:12:17 AM

What's up with all the Mastercoin spam in this subforum?  Can you guys try to be a bit more respectful of the other projects and not start a new thread for every single subtopic?  I just counted 19 so far.  I understand you're trying to grow your "mindshare", but it's becoming annoying to even visit here.
These threads serve a lot of people doing interesting things.  It'd be a real shame to temper enthusiasm just because you personally are annoyed with the topic.  Maybe the admin wants to start a dedicated forum space to Mastercoin so you can look at all the developments which are not Mastercoin related.  Whatever.
d'aniel (OP)

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:12:42 AM

What's up with all the Mastercoin spam in this subforum?  Can you guys try to be a bit more respectful of the other projects and not start a new thread for every single subtopic?  I just counted 19 so far.  I understand you're trying to grow your "mindshare", but it's becoming annoying to even visit here.
These threads serve a lot of people doing interesting things.  It'd be a real shame to temper enthusiasm just because you personally are annoyed with the topic.  Maybe the admin wants to start a dedicated forum space to Mastercoin so you can look at all the developments which are not Mastercoin related.  Whatever.
I'm not asking anybody to temper their enthusiasm, just to please not spam this subforum.  If this volume of threads is really necessary, then I'd definitely agree that a Mastercoin subforum here is warranted.
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 06:14:13 PM

What's up with all the Mastercoin spam in this subforum?  Can you guys try to be a bit more respectful of the other projects and not start a new thread for every single subtopic?  I just counted 19 so far.  I understand you're trying to grow your "mindshare", but it's becoming annoying to even visit here.

Im getting tired of it as well.  Some credible people are outwardly denouncing this project.  They're ruining the neighborhood.

a few weeks back they(who?) announced a $50,000 development 'bounty' ... never heard it get resolved though.  It's destructive because they are taking attention away from the real work in this space.

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 11:38:30 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2013, 07:31:49 PM by vokain

Those working on Mastercoin understand! The only reason why we can't go elsewhere is that distributed suprablockchain efforts like this don't really have anywhere else relevant to go to, and we couldn't leave bitcointalk! Yes, I know, Mastercoin threads are flooding up Project Development, but at the same time, the functionality is intimately tied to Bitcoin and our community.

I've requested administrator action on this issue, I'm waiting on what he has to say Smiley

a few weeks back they(who?) announced a $50,000 development 'bounty' ... never heard it get resolved though.  It's destructive because they are taking attention away from the real work in this space.
Well... there is currently a 300BTC bounty for a few development features, that at one point was worth $50,000... but it's a work in progress—our dear contestants are still whittling away at this massive undertaking Smiley

And there was one before, it was resolved, and $25000 worth of BTC, at that time, was awarded.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.msg3351927#msg3351927
TKeenan

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:17:59 PM

Well... there is currently a 300BTC bounty for a few development features, that at one point was worth $50,000...
Yeah, that's worth >$90,000 today.  So, we are all sorry for taking up your valuable space and bytes here on this forum while we conduct our worthless efforts on a failed project.  Maybe we can replace the Mastercoin development threads with a few more threads about 'Who is the real Satoshi?'. 

Mastercoin is the hottest topic in bitcoin currently.  What's the problem with a few threads?  Do these extra threads somehow put extra stress on your computer?  ...your brain?  If you don't like Mastercoin, don't read them.  WTF?

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 11:02:49 AM

They also have this Reddit :
http://www.reddit.com/r/mastercoin

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 06:05:30 PM

ah, Reddit!  another great oracle of wisdom and truth.

irpirate

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:43:17 PM

Made me lol  Cheesy

Seriously though, Mastercoin seems like quite a big project. I don't see why people shouldn't talk about it  Huh
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 11:49:33 PM

Made me lol  Cheesy

Seriously though, Mastercoin seems like quite a big project. I don't see why people shouldn't talk about it  Huh

TKeenan

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:09:49 PM

Made me lol  Cheesy

They are all very upset that JR quickly funded and got people working on something interesting that they have been kicking around these forums for years.  They are the non-participating naysayers.  Now that the bus left the station without them, they only sit around kicking the tires hoping the bus will crash.  But their hopes will have no effect whatever whether or not the bus actually does crash.  They just know they aren't on the bus and they wish they had $2million in the bank to advance their code.  In one simple word: jealousy
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:22:58 PM

As long as Mastercoin is built on top of the Bitcoin protocol, which the last time I checked, was still the proposal, its projects are Bitcoin projects, in my opinion.
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 05:05:04 PM

ah, Reddit!  another great oracle of wisdom and truth.

Made me lol  Cheesy

Seriously though, Mastercoin seems like quite a big project. I don't see why people shouldn't talk about it  Huh
They are all very upset that JR quickly funded and got people working on something interesting that they have been kicking around these forums for years.  They are the non-participating naysayers.  Now that the bus left the station without them, they only sit around kicking the tires hoping the bus will crash.  But their hopes will have no effect whatever whether or not the bus actually does crash.  They just know they aren't on the bus and they wish they had $2million in the bank to advance their code.  In one simple word: jealousy

The only thing that I can make out clearly about this project is something along the lines of : BUY MASTERCOIN NOW!

Elsewhere David A. Johnston is telling me that I should write a Distributed Exchange for them?  Meanwhile other people are telling IBM execs that they have a distributed exchange?

Seems that investors are just desperate to throw money at anything these days.  This thing is like a retarded Flooz.com minus Whoopi Goldberg.  We're up to 2 million now?  I thought it was .5 million?  Where is this thing incorporated?

So you're writing open source code for the public that does what exactly?  nothing about this project is clear, everything about this project is sketchy.

Mastercoin pls go.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:20:57 AM

Made me lol  Cheesy

They are all very upset that JR quickly funded and got people working on something interesting that they have been kicking around these forums for years.  They are the non-participating naysayers.  Now that the bus left the station without them, they only sit around kicking the tires hoping the bus will crash.  But their hopes will have no effect whatever whether or not the bus actually does crash.  They just know they aren't on the bus and they wish they had $2million in the bank to advance their code.  In one simple word: jealousy

The only thing that I can make out clearly about this project is something along the lines of : BUY MASTERCOIN NOW!

Elsewhere David A. Johnston is telling me that I should write a Distributed Exchange for them?  Meanwhile other people are telling IBM execs that they have a distributed exchange?

Seems that investors are just desperate to throw money at anything these days.  This thing is like a retarded Flooz.com minus Whoopi Goldberg.  We're up to 2 million now?  I thought it was .5 million?  Where is this thing incorporated?

So you're writing open source code for the public that does what exactly?  nothing about this project is clear, everything about this project is sketchy.

Mastercoin pls go.

They raised a few thousand bitcoins in August for the project. I was a contributor (with bitcoin) as I really like the idea. So yes, the higher the BTC rate the more money they have in the bank. A couple million dollars now. Pretty impressive and it's more then I could say for any alt-coin.

more or less retired.
pivavar

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

in vino veritas

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:04:53 PM

Made me lol  Cheesy

Elsewhere David A. Johnston is telling me that I should write a Distributed Exchange for them?  Meanwhile other people are telling IBM execs that they have a distributed exchange?

Seems that investors are just desperate to throw money at anything these days.  This thing is like a retarded Flooz.com minus Whoopi Goldberg.  We're up to 2 million now?  I thought it was .5 million?  Where is this thing incorporated?

So you're writing open source code for the public that does what exactly?  nothing about this project is clear, everything about this project is sketchy.

Mastercoin pls go.

They raised a few thousand bitcoins in August for the project. I was a contributor (with bitcoin) as I really like the idea. So yes, the higher the BTC rate the more money they have in the bank. A couple million dollars now. Pretty impressive and it's more then I could say for any alt-coin.

Still MasterCoin fans should be in a separate corner for mentally retarded. The only way to incorporate multiple currency is the way Ripple does it - with established gateways. "Distributed exchange" is an obvious fiction.
It doesn't mean of course that some people won't get rich. They already are:-)

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game  (https://coinroll.it/?r=6)█▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191176.0) • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223474.0)
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 10:14:47 PM

Made me lol  Cheesy

Mastercoin pls go.

Still MasterCoin fans should be in a separate corner for mentally retarded. The only way to incorporate multiple currency is the way Ripple does it - with established gateways. "Distributed exchange" is an obvious fiction.
It doesn't mean of course that some people won't get rich. They already are:-)

unfortunately the Mastercoin people have bastardized the term 'Distributed Exchange'.  I wrote up a technical spec for a Distributed Exchange quite some time ago.  The core algorithm was published before Mastercoin started.  The technology does multiple currencies without any XRP like carrier units.  It's also very similar to Bitcoin in structure.

http://goo.gl/x1e8jV

TKeenan

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:32:54 PM

hahahah - joke.  Is this why you are crying?  Nobody to fund your garbage and everyone backed JR's stuff.  Now I get it.
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 10:40:46 PM

hahahah - joke.  Is this why you are crying?  Nobody to fund your garbage and everyone backed JR's stuff.  Now I get it.

Im not sure exactly what someone could buy/invest in that spec.

If you can think of something let us know.

Unlike you, I'm not running a pump and dump scam.

TKeenan

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:45:19 PM

Because your scam was dumped the instant you published that nonsense.  Your project was 100% self dumping. 

I am still buying MSC - haven't sold 1 yet.  I am in it for the long term.  All or nothing baby - never ever 'maybe'.  Gotta be all in.  It's a good project with some good people.  Nobody gives a damn about the daily price.  That is only interesting to people who missed the boat.  The reason the price goes up is because there are no sellers.  Not really fitting of the 'pump and dump' model now is it?
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 10:47:22 PM

Because your scam was dumped the instant you published that nonsense.  Your project was 100% self dumping. 

I am still buying MSC - haven't sold 1 yet.  I am in it for the long term.  All or nothing baby - never ever 'maybe'.  Gotta be all in.  It's a good project with some good people.  Nobody gives a damn about the daily price.  That is only interesting to people who missed the boat.  The reason the price goes up is because there are no sellers.  Not really fitting of the 'pump and dump' model now is it?

I know a Nigerian Prince who might be interested in buying some MSC, should I put you in touch?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: