Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:48:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a successful trader, not a gambler?  (Read 2436 times)
kidamazo

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:53:30 PM

I think those people who become traders are always a bit of players. I used to play poker and I want to say that the trading is similar to poker or blackjack - which are gambling games, but it is mathematically possible to make profit by playing these games and for this you just need exactly the characteristics described in the first post.
ghost14k

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:24:35 PM

You just said it all. Those qualities you listed explains both of them well. Have a clear set of mind and not trading with emotions is the main difference between the two. Mastering how to avoid trading with emotions is the major thing and if you can avoid such then you are really coming closer to your goal. Always jot down to avoid making same mistake twice.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:49:49 PM

I agreed with almost all of the points. But I have a question, why is placing too many trades being considered as a gambler? Diversify is supposed to reduce risks.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:00:12 PM

The act of trading can not be compare or categorize as gambling no matter the outcome. Traders go in to trading having research the coin they want to trade in and the development and utility of such coin present value they speculate on. No game of chance with trader but profit.

Not sure if you are aware of what idiots we are dealing with here, but the majority of the people trading here don't do any research at all. It's just I guess that if I buy at X price, I can sell it at Y price. You either win or lose. Isn't that gambling according to you? To me it definitely is, especially when the market is so active that it won't allow you to properly analyze the market. At that point even the most solid traders will be turned into gamblers.

Also, the utility of a coin and the development going on has no real connection with the short term market that is controlled by greedy individuals. The same applies to Bitcoin's market. The crypto market is just too brutal and speculative to discard the gambling aspect of trading that easily. I would say that on calm days where TA has benefit to it, the gambling percentage is as low as 20%, while highly active days where TA has no benefit to it, the gambling aspect is as high as 50%. The only main difference is that with gambling you lose everything, and with trading just a few % per trade.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:06:10 PM

Good share, looks like I am blend of both of them. Lolz. Its true that in short a gambler is one with too much confidence on his method but with no base at all while on the other hand trader might be someone with very much good knowledge about what he is doing in the first place. So yeah both of them carries the risk but one carried less over the other one. Also I like it when someone just mentions about the emotions. I am believer of the emotions where one who controls it always wins the market and the one who doesn't will always loose it up. Gambler is like shadow of the trader but its just too dark and can't figure out exact movement for it really.  Smiley
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:04:39 PM

Very interesting and it was true. If gamblers rely on luck while traders use mature techniques and strategies. Trading will be better if done with techniques and strategies because it will make it work and make a profit. And if doing trade like a gambler it would be a waste of time and better not to do that.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:18:20 AM

Here are some characteristics of successful traders and gamblers:

A gambler:

- Have no transaction method.

- Do not take notes of your views on the market trend daily.

- Don’t care about risk management

- Spend most of your time focusing on winning and making profit.

- Let emotions dominated their mind when trading

-Place orders without consideration.

- Place too many orders

A trader:

-Understand and master an effective trading method

-Have a clear and specific trading plan and comply with it.

- Have a daily note on market view and trend

- Pay attention to risk management for each trading order

-Don’t set making profit and winning as their 1st priority

- Only make the deal when the price model matches the method.

-don’t let emotions control their actions

- Consider coin trading as their career and daytime job.

If you have those characteristics of the gamblers, you should change it immediately. If you have trader traits, maintain them for as long as possible and remember to always think twice before doing.

Nice share. thank you for this. I can say that i am slowly but surely becoming a trader. My greatest enemy left is emotion. good luck to us

Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:23:54 AM

What make a successful trader is more than just skill and experience, it more than understanding of technical analysis even that of the market. It is the heart and mind of success and razor sharp focus.
ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:15:30 AM

You just said it all. Those qualities you listed explains both of them well. Have a clear set of mind and not trading with emotions is the main difference between the two. Mastering how to avoid trading with emotions is the major thing and if you can avoid such then you are really coming closer to your goal. Always jot down to avoid making same mistake twice.
Emotions are of the vital factor that can help the traders to lift up or let down their skills. This is one of the factor that makes difference in between an investment and gambling. We all know that gambling is just a game of luck. If aren’t lucky someday, everything will be useless and you will be ending is a big loss. So make up your skills and accompany them with emotions, you will be saved from gambling then.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3677

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 09:16:57 AM

When dealing with cryptocurrencies, the difference between being a trader from a gambler is Very small.
Planning and following laws may cause loss of opportunity especially as cryptocurrencies prices fluctuate unpredictable.
Generally, the difference is "Do not invest recklessly" and "Do not invest what you can not lose" between being a trader from a gambler.
also, "Don’t set making profit" & "don’t let emotions control their actions" Tips are very wise.
evichi

Activity: 1204
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:46:26 AM

With the experience I have so far, the key thing is -have a STRATEGY. Discover and follow a pattern that works for you. Develop a repetitive technique or sequence that yields results. To have a strategy requires effort applied over time. Simply put: develop a consistent method that is profitable.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:08:03 AM

I can't agree on all points that have been made. Because it is for the whole and by not considering some of the points that which can be a trader or a gambling its depends of the type of the people on this trading. A successful trader is a guaranteed having a good control in emotions and with the money he played its not the biggest profit that he can made. Its the value that he earned daily his satisfaction on all of his trades.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:33:15 PM

A gambler:

- Place too many orders

A trader:

If you have those characteristics of the gamblers, you should change it immediately. If you have trader traits, maintain them for as long as possible and remember to always think twice before doing.

I can say that these are clear tips for us who are getting started into cryptocurrency trading. It is important that we should not treat this as a replacement of a full-time job or business. I would ratehr treat this as a way to fuel a business or extra money to buy something that we want either material things, investments, donations, etc.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:32:02 PM

Yes, OP was clearly stated between trading and the gambling which riskier and he said that don't care about the risk because when you entered at this stage you are already know how risky it is. OP statements are very informative those who are in trading and gambling which better you to focus on the two way of earning a profit.
Trading is a sort of gambling, then you must set a certain amount that you can afford if whatever happens, and applied those OP's post to have a reference to gain more profit.

muncuss

Activity: 656
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:17:02 PM

Don't need to be master to call someone a trader, and i sure most traders don't have daily note, and we all looking for profit.
too many analysis then you lost the train.

jerry3k5jamiso1

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:26:05 PM

To not have to gamble in the financial markets, you need to have deep knowledge of it so the first thing you need to do when entering this market is learning about cryptocurrency. I emphasize the element of knowledge because it can help you develop long term rather than just rely on luck. Having your own judgment to succeed in the cryptocurrency market is increasingly difficult.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:44:57 AM

I agreed with almost all of the points. But I have a question, why is placing too many trades being considered as a gambler? Diversify is supposed to reduce risks.
Trading too many trades you can handle is gambling if you are actually trading and not buying at the bottom and expecting a pump. A trader usually look for a market that is giving signal and utilize those moments to buy and if you have too much on your plate at once, how do you really want to monitor them except you are a robot.

Diversifying is very good, but letting it become too much can also affect you. With the way the market is most especially, if you hold too much as a short term trader, you may end up running into more loss than you can imagine. At the end though, it all balls down to your trading knowledge, your style and what you are comfortable with.
Dewao

Activity: 337

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:46:05 AM

A gambler:

- Place too many orders

A trader:

I can say that these are clear tips for us who are getting started into cryptocurrency trading. It is important that we should not treat this as a replacement of a full-time job or business. I would ratehr treat this as a way to fuel a business or extra money to buy something that we want either material things, investments, donations, etc.

Yeah Maybe this is a tips to those people who are new in trading, yes we should think that trading is just an extra money of we earn more profit then it's good but don't quit to your job just to do a trading because trading is really risky.
Starone1

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:10:10 PM

I agree on what you said because for me a trader is more safe and has more time to decide and has a bigger chance on winning rather than just gambling you will do is just buy and hope for the best
It is not that much foolish that you need only to buy the coins blindly and then wait for them to be much more precious than the previous value in the matter of days. All I have experienced says that you are needed to choose wisely between all the available choices by having a clear analysis and prediction about the future of that very coin being used in the trading.
CryptoCoin8487

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

I AM HAPPY TO BE A TRADER

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:16:51 PM

I was prefer to do on trading only i play sometime in gambling too but im not realy good in gambling since i feel nervous if i see that i already start losing my money and i got rattle so i think gamble is not my line.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: