Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:18:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a successful trader, not a gambler?  (Read 2436 times)
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:10:55 AM

A successful trader learn from his mistakes but a gambler don't learn from it. A trader uses what he learn to be consistent in his trades while a gambler do not care what his past mistakes are. He is full of emotion and rarely have a plan. He just go with the flow and if he wins or have profit, he would want for more and when he lose, he tends to get back what he lose by trading more even though it would burn him if the trade doesn't go his way. According to a study, only 10% becomes a successful trader because majority of the people tends to become greedy and emotional when trading so they got burnt every time and eventually make them quit.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:12:00 AM

I think those people who become traders are always a bit of players. I used to play poker and I want to say that the trading is similar to poker or blackjack - which are gambling games, but it is mathematically possible to make profit by playing these games and for this you just need exactly the characteristics described in the first post.
Everyone is a player in trading, it is just how you play based on the strategy you have that differs. The thing that makes gambling totally different from trading is that even though you do not know the outcome in a trade, you can at least use some few things to make some good decisions in the market which if you are knowledgeable enough, most of the time, you are going to be making good calls without getting emotional at all.

Some traders tend to set buy and sell orders, while gamblers are into profit they set alot of targets and take profit. they don't mind the market trend. If it goes dip then they sell it to avoid losses. I myself is a holder i sell my coins when bull run occurs.
Holding probably an easy way to prove ourselves as a good trader and more importantly when we are holding, the chances for gambling with price levels is also very less. Because holding is a passive way of trading whereas gambling requires active participation.
zuyfg888

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:41:56 AM

It is all about trading, taking the risk is one of the structure in trading. Like in gambling, the higher the risk, the higher the return will be. Let’s not assured that we can earn high in trading, just like gambling, we can earn high if we take the risk.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:23:32 PM

I trapped many times in trading, the drastic decrease yesterday make me a little bit worried. But i keep on reading the bitcoin history and searched why that can happen. With this way i can start again the trading,

And the most hard thing for me is to control my EMOTION and GREEDY. That thing make us fall into hole.

mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:34:10 PM

Trading without proper education is consider gambling and its too risky to do that since the market is highly volatile. Successful trader may not always make good money but since he follows what he set for a specific tradings it can still be consider as a successful one.

what do you mean by a proper education ?? I know people who didn't study finance or business or anything remotely related but make a lot of money crypto trading just using common sense and a strong mental presence. education is over rated in my honest opinion.

note: I said education but not knowledge.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:42:09 PM

Yes,you are right we have to trade with skill and knowledge not based on the luck,it may workout for few times but not all the times so if someone want to be a successful trader the need to have specific strategy and the backup plan if he lost all his amount in these trading.So learn the basics first before start trading or else you will lose your money in no time.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:59:24 PM

You are absolutely correct in many aspects because I would consider myself as under the trading traits than of the gamblers trait but there are times I get to emotionally attached to some of my coins and hope for more profits but I did manage to control it when the market was ugly.
Prettyme

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:35:12 PM

To be a successful trader you must know or you must have knowledge about on how to deal with trading especially during its dump so here you must know how to do during this situation. And of course just always be careful and be more wise when trading and especially have patience to hold your bitcoin.

1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:15:11 PM

A gambler has no knowledge of what he is investing in, like what is the project, why he is investing, how the price will move, etc. The only thing he is concerned with is that he wants to make huge profits. On the other hand a trader completely understands how trading and investment is done, pays attention to market trend and technical analysis, takes care of the involved risks and does not think of making millions in a span of few days. Moreover he already has calculated the amount of loss he can bear called the stop loss while a gambler can lose everything in just one go.
trplzr

Activity: 532
Merit: 168

hello there

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:12:37 PM

I think the line separating the two is much thin than it seems...
Many gamblers have predefined and well-crafted strategies, on the other hand , if you look at someone who calls themselves a trader at the beginning of his career, most of the time we will see someone shooting in the dark (even without knowing it).

jlong187

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:16:01 PM

Thanks for sharing my man! I think that greedy person who wants an instant profit, will most likely became a gambler, not a real wise and patient trader, but afterr all it is better to be a second one.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2856
Merit: 593

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:22:17 PM

Thanks for sharing my man! I think that greedy person who wants an instant profit, will most likely became a gambler, not a real wise and patient trader, but afterr all it is better to be a second one.

Its human nature mate, all of us are greedy at some point. But the problem is that most of us cannot control it. As for trading and gambling, A successful traders knows the risk, can control his greed and emotions specially if you are a daily trader and you have the ability to 'control' things.

As opposed to being a gambling, its based on pure luck and if you are unlucky that day, you will still go on thinking that you can recover what you have lose. Unlike in trading you have stop-loss order and at least lessen your potential to lose bigtime.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:59:58 PM

This two thoughts have been a very inseparable factor. A trader is once a gambler before only that he learns from his past mistake and use the experience to be a successful one. A trader have used his emotions a million times before only that he became more practical today.

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀